adventure isn't my strong suit
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Nothing ever comes without a consequence or cost

Noah nodded. He understood what she meant about not being welcomed. It was only a small fracture of understanding, in comparison, but the man sitting before her didn't really have any friends. He knew almost everyone who lived in Halo, and got along with most of them, and even made sure quite a lot of them were able to eat. However, his life lacked the intimacy of friendship. Even with Weaver, the woman he could call closest to having been his friend, thought nothing of him before leaving Halo and exploring the world. He had his brother, but that felt entirely different. They may have been friends as children, but there was quite the difference in age between them. Especially since his parents passing, Noah was truly Ezekiel's caretaker, and that relationship was not the same as the reciprocal relationship of friends.

He watched as she rummaged around in her bag, and as she pulled the jars out he shifted one hand toward his pocket. It was empty. The jar of salve he had before must have been lost to the ocean when he frantically made his way back to the beach, panicked over Pim. "Thank you. I had some before that I traded from a local, but I must have lost it." He set both jars down in his lap before picking up the green jar again, loosening the lid. He scraped two fingers over the top and globbed a bit of the salve on one of his cheeks. "Like I said before, Torchline is the only place I've ever been outside of Halo. So, you could say I am also a homebody. I'm a hunter, and that requires me to spend a lot of hours working." He traced his fingers over the salve again, spreading it over his other cheek. "So far, exploring has been...interesting." He chuckled. "I had to trade away a good cloak for some more appropriate clothes for the climate, I traded food for some salve to ease this skin burn, I scraped up my back falling into the water, and I nearly had a heart attack over your dragon."

His chuckle was now a full-on laugh. He screwed the lid back on the salve jar and shook his head. "But, I met you, and that's pretty good." He smiled, and jutted his elbow at her teasingly. "So far, that is."

NOAH OLSON
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
She listened quietly as he told his tale, unable to help laughing a bit as he described one accident after another. "Torchline is a pretty rough and tumble place to go exploring for the first time. Hopefully your travels will be a little easier in the othet places you go." she said. Though, it didn't sound much different than how she and the other Outlanders had started out in the Hollowed Ground. One mistake after another. Though scraping oneself on a rock wasn't exactly comparable to releasing a goddess intent on destroying the world she supposed.

"But I met you, and that's pretty good."

Honeyed eyes blinked in surprise, a hint of a blush rising to her cheeks. "Well I'm no one terribly special or exciting, so I you don't have to worry about surprises at least." she said with a warm smile.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
'Cause I'm just trying to be happy
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Noah held his ribs some as his laugh faded. Oh, how foolish he must seem. The hunter, removed from the ice and cold, and thrust into the world for all to see how truly clumsy he was. Perhaps that was his fate for having practiced only one thing in life: survival. He sighed some, the laugh finally dissipated into the salty air. "Oh, now listen," He said, subconsciously scooting closer to her. He lowered his chin some, looking at the girl through arched eyebrows. "You don't have to be someone special to make the world around you special." The words of his mother, verbatim, falling from his lips. Where his father had been steadfast and realistic, his mother had been kind and optimistic. It was a necessary balance in Halo, and Noah had learned to lean on that. Hopelessness was never an option for him, not if he wished to survive.

"But even so, I don't think that's a fair statement. You definitely already surprised me." He said, leaving back some and motioning to Pim. "I thought that dragon was going to devour us both on this beach, and you scolded it with the flick of your finger." His smile returned to his face. "Never--never--have I met such a woman as you." Warmth returned to his cheeks as he realized the words falling from his mouth, and finally the proximity he had brought himself to her. "Give yourself some credit."

NOAH OLSON
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She blinked in surprise as he scooted closer, sitting up a little straighter. "Well uh..." she started, but frankly she didn't know what to say. It was a very forward compliment, but it also sounded a bit rehearsed. Her confusion spread through her bond with Pim, and the pink dragon lifted his head, eyeing the man lazily. He yawned, jaws opening wide, snapping closed as if he was still considering eating the man whole.

"Never - never - have I met a woman such as you."

Her blush deepened, feeling her heart thud a little harder in her chest. "I...uh...thank you...though...are Halovian men all this forward with women they haven't introduced themselves to?" she asked.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

The way she straightened her back, the dragon shifted, and the color flared in her cheeks all let Noah know that he had gone too far. He leaned away some, scooting back to where he had been sitting before. The two jars clanged together and fell into the sand before him. He sputtered some, shaking his head and lifting his hands, palms up. "I'm sorry." He felt so awkward in this moment. Like he was a teenager again, in the presence of the girls he had crushed on. He had done so mostly from afar, because whenever he tried to be suave or flirt, he had failed.  

He was thankful for the sunburn, so that Phoebe would not notice the deep red of his cheeks and ears. It would be easy to feel his body temperature rise, however, if she did not surge away from him.

"I'm not, uh, good at making friends?" He shifted some, still uncomfortable. He was wrong in this moment, and Noah did not like being wrong. He liked being able to predict what might happen--that is why it took him so long to leave Halo once the portal had been opened. "I didn't mean to offend you." He lifted a hand and ran it through his shaggy, blond hair. "You just....you're easy to talk to, I guess."

NOAH OLSON
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
He scooted back, knocking over the jars in the sand. They were made of good sturdy pottery though, so despite the clanging, nothing broke. Honeyed eyes blinked in surprise as he stumbled over his words, apologizing, claiming he was bad at making friends - worried he had offended her of all things. He was clearly a good few years older than her, but he acted more like a young boy who the only girls he'd ever spoken to were his sisters and his mother.

It was...commical, really.

And so she giggled, which turned into an outright laugh. She covered her mouth with her hands, eyes squinting as she shook her head. "I'm not offended at all, I'm friends with the sex god, remember? It takes a lot more than some forward words to offend me." she said, getting her giggling under control. "Though, it would be nice to know your name maybe?"
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

It was true. Noah was stumbling all over himself and nearly making a fool of the man he was. He was all out of sorts in this new territory. Exploring had him beside himself. He wondered, for a moment, if the warmth and the sun and the saltwater could cause insanity....but he shook his head. "Yeah..." he trailed off, laughing deeply with her. What was happening? This introverted man, normally reserved, was just spewing in front of this woman. He sighed a deep, hearty sigh and scratched his head some. "Noah, Noah Olson. Halovian hunter." He said, though he faintly remembered introducing himself before.

"Maybe we should walk, or something. Get out of the heat." He said, standing up and offering a hand to Phoebe. Maybe moving around would help the blood flow through his body better, and for his mind to clear. Perhaps he would able to regain some of the grace he had.

NOAH OLSON
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"It's good to actually meet you, Noah." she said with a light laugh. "My name is Phoebe Steadman. Hallowed Ground Council Health Member, Medical College Dean, and Midwife." she said, copying his introduction style.

She took his hand to give her an easy grip to help get back onto her feet. As she stood, Pim did too, stretching in a very cat like manner. "I should probably head back towards the Grounds. It is cooler there if you wanted to continue your adventures?" she said.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah worked hard to keep composure when she revealed all of her titles, but his jaw wanted to drop. Not someone special, huh? All he was before her was a measly hunter, a man who merely kept people fed. She was an accomplished woman, scholar, doctor. He shook his head some, smiling.

As she stood and the dragon followed suit, Noah gestured around him. "Lead the way, Phoebe." He had no idea where "the Grounds" were, or how long he would be away, but he was confident of one thing: he wanted to go where she was. His heart longed to be back in Halo, that was unwaveringly true, but in this moment, he merely wanted to be with her.

NOAH OLSON
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"What?" she asked, tilting her head to the side in confusion as she shifted her pack onto her back once more. She wasn't sure what there was to shake his head at but, to be fair, she didn't know much about the people of Halo. Perhaps there were certain things they weighed more heavily than others. To her, they were all things she had fallen into, not things that made her special. She was just Phoebe after all.

She nodded though and set off in the direction of portal. "Just to warn you though...things in the Hollowrd Ground aren't as...established...as they are here or in Halo. But don't let it worry you too much. Things aren't as bad as they look." she warned.

-FIN
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound