turning into something caustic
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i'm drowning in all these voices in the sea
and meeting all my vices in the ring
He’s tired.

Tired of receiving shit news after the next. Tired of trying to figure out a foothold and make things right only to have them crumble down again. Only… This time, he doesn’t blame himself as much. It’s still there, wiggling at the back of his mind, as he makes his way toward the boxing ring to hopefully let out some steam, but between the cloudy sky and the hangover, he’s not sure whether he just wants to delve into drinking more or simply beating the hell out of one of the punching bags set up within.

He can’t even quite make it to the ring on his own two feet – too frustrated and torn within – so he churns up the sand with midnight paws of his panther form, Haai leading the way with her iridescent wings outstretched as rain begins to pour along the two of them. Fitting, Sunjata thinks, rounding the corner and ducking under the roof of the Slagveld.

He shifts back into himself, fully expecting the ring and everything within to be empty, treading toward the back for a towel to wipe away the rain and hopefully some of his sour mood with it while Haai shakes out the rain from her own dark pelt, a whine of a yawn leaving her maw in a puff of smoke.

(Takes place before the KQ and presumably after he finds out about Maea <3)
so step inside, i ain't afraid to bleed
there ain't a casket strong enough for me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

Tired? Ronin knew all about tired.

Between Safrin's awakening, the series of events that had followed, visiting Remi on the beach and returning to where his daughter slept and his projection watched over her, Ronin couldn't say he had rested all that much. And as the rain began to patter and echo on the rooftop overhead, he let out a frustrated sigh.

It had to rain, in a tropical paradise, on the one day he would have liked to have been able to even remotely relax. Blinking his eyes open at the sound of footsteps, Ronin's brow furrowed. Whether or not he had only just realised Seren existed, it didn't make him any less of a father, and the Dark Star was on his feet in an instant, crouched behind the crates to investigate.

Only at the sight of Sunjata did he relax, Ronin straightening up and holding up a hand, half in greeting and half to warn Jata not to freak out. "Morning," he said, voice rough. "You look how I feel."

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
Her dreams were always sweet. Full of starlight and churning galaxies, suns spinning in and out of existence, the steady flow of time that coalesced in a moonbright river. Once, not too long ago, it had been all she knew. The dreams and Mother's steady presence, loving and infinite.

She was brought abruptly out of the familiar visions as her father bolted up on his feet. For a moment she was disoriented. The air was damp and cool, full of scents and sounds she didn't know. For all the blankets, the ground was hard beneath her small body, soft and entirely unused to the toils of mortality, and somehow a black hole had opened up in the pit of her stomach, a yawning void demanding to be filled.

A head of tousled curls poked up from the nest of blankets, eyes bluer than the clouded sky blinking open. Seren looked around, seeing the boxing ring in daylight for the first time... and her gaze fixed on the man that stood opposite of her father, drenched from the rain that poured outside. Grew wider, when she recalled what Ronin had said about this person. The pirate. Well, maybe. At least he looked like one, all drippy wet and with rings in his ears.

Her gaze fell on the big wing-wolf next, and with a delighted little gasp, Seren began to scramble out of the blankets, to get up on her feet - they ached from walking so much the night before - and hurried up to Ronin's side. Clasped herself about his leg, wide awake in an instant.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He certainly doesn’t expect to hear a voice, not as the towel is raised to his face, covering eyes rimmed with exhaustion and still a prolonged hangover. But he stills when Ronin’s voice reaches him, exhaling a small amount as he rubs at the water that has seeped into his eyes. “Like shit?” He asks easily, dropping the towel from his face to run along his neck.

He turns toward Ronin then, gaze flickering along the hunter before more movement distracts him — from beyond the crates left set up and his brows furrow. His hand drops from his face and neck now, arms pushing up the sleeves of his shirt to reveal one bare arm now and the left arm halfway through the uncomfortable healing process of his tattoo spanning to his wrist. All is lost on him, however, when a child appears to wrap herself around the hunters leg.

He can see the dark hair, the bright blue eyes, and his gaze flickers back to Ronin with a raised brow that begins to furrow  — surprise bouncing on his end of the attuned bond should Ronin feel it, though immense confusion too. “I, wait. What?” His deep voice begins, head tilting to the side. “Who is this?” He asks, glancing briefly back toward the girl but making no move to approach.

He’s never been good with children, aside from the young ones that had joined the resistance.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Yeah, about like that," Ronin agreed, watching the other man as he dried off and rolled up his sleeves. He arched an eyebrow briefly at the sight of the tattoo; the fine golden constellations on his own wrists itched in reflex. But before he could ask about it, or attempt any other private conversation, a little person wrapped herself about his leg and drew his attention down. Smiling a little, he reached down to tousle her curls, before returning his exhausted gaze to Sunjata.

"This is Seren," he introduced, having to take long, deep breath before the next part. "She is my daughter. Safrin is her mother." Yes, and let him take from that what he wished. "Seren, this is my friend Sunjata I told you about. We should say thank you to him for letting us use this place for the night, don't you think?"

RONIN
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
Her gaze roamed freely over the tall, looming figure, utterly unafraid and with a hungry curiosity that didn't balk at scars, tattoo's or less than fresh expressions. His confusion at seeing her was obvious but bothered her none at all - they hadn't asked for permission before using the place as lodging, after all, so why would he know?

Ronin's hand in her hair made her look up briefly, offering him a wide, affectionate smile, but her attention was immediately drawn back to Sunjata. "Hello! Thank you, it was very nice to sleep here."

Letting go of her father's leg, she inched forward, drawn in by the intricate designs painted on the man's arm. "That's very pretty, can I see it?" she asked, indicating the depiction of stars and waves, unabashed and not at all sharing Sunjata's hesitation.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He watches the interaction, gaze flickering back to Ronin with an impassive look while he explains. Committing the name to memory, a brow lifts and eyes widen at the next set of information. This is Ronin’s daughter. Safrin is her mother. His eyes widen a fraction and he turns back to the space where he’d grabbed the towel. It’s too early for things like this, he finds, some sort of shock deep within his senses as he reaches for a glass and pours a bit of whiskey – knowing deep down he’s going to really fucking need it. “I’m sorry, what?” He says, abandoning the glass for now – turning right when Seren begins to speak.

Her gratitude is met with a nod, plenty of uncertainty. “You’re welcome..?” He offers, because what else was he to say? But she’s approaching now, intrigued by the ink to his arm. Internally, he grimaces, gaze flickering up to Ronin still in his confusion, before he focuses on Seren’s advancing, crouching down to extend his arm for her to see the dark ink and the whirls and stars within. “Sure.” Another quiet answer, forearm extended toward the girl while his gaze finds Ronin for the third time.

Do you… Need a more permanent place?” He asks carefully, uncertain. This boxing ring is certainly no place to raise a child. But fortunately for Ronin, he knows a few places that might make do in the time in between of figuring out what the fuck exactly happened.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"You didn't mishear me." Ronin's tone was light, jovial almost to protect his daughter, but the continued glances between the two men would betray his fatigue and stress. "She arrived last night - a falling star from Safrin. I'm taking care of her from now on." Resignation in those words, rather than choice. He offered Sunjata a tight lipped smile, a suggestion that the two of them ought to have a long chat some time very soon.

Then Seren was approaching, and Ronin rubbed at the back of his head. Jata looked uncomfortable, and as the girl's father he felt the need to come to his friend's rescue. "Maybe we should let him finish drying off, Seren?" he suggested. "He looks like he's walked a long way in the rain." And like he was hungover to fuck, and Ronin had a good idea why that might be, too.

"This was the first place I thought of," he said by way of apology. "We couldn't go to the wagon. It was too small." And Remi was there. "I will be looking for somewhere more permanent, actually. You've just starting moving yourself here as well, right? Spied any decent places, guildmate to guildmate?" He smirked.

RONIN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The big man hunched down and extended his arm for her, and it was a really nice thing to do because it gave Seren a perfect view over the pictures drawn on his skin. Two small fists caught his hand in a soft grip, to turn the arm this way and that while the girl inspected the design closely. The grown ups were talking, father explaining things, but Seren didn't really listen, too distracted by the pirate man.

But still, when Father said to let Sunjata finish, she gave him a sweet, warm smile and patted the big hand she had captured. "Okay. Thank you for showing me your picture!" she said, and skipped off without protest, turning her focus on the wing-wolf instead.

It was big and black and beautiful, and Seren approached with the same fearless fascination, her small hands extended to see if the animal wanted to play.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The discomfort isn’t Ronin’s fault — it’s more of a mix of how much he’d avoided spending time around children, the amounts of time he had ever wanted one, and of course the hangover. But he listens to the hunter, crouched while Seren turns his hand this way and that, gaze remaining on Ronin as he speaks. “I see.” He offers, a question of later then.

But Seren lets his hand go, and he stands when she begins to move away, and he offers her a small nod of ‘you’re welcome’, returning to the glass he’d poured of alcohol and downing it to try and get a head start on pushing away the hangover (though we all know it doesn’t quite work like that) before picking up the towel and running it through his hair, along his arms and shoulders to try and dry himself off.

His question is met with a slight apology and Sunjata takes his hand through his hair, combing it out of his face the best he can. “That’s okay. Glad it’s getting used.” He offers with the ghost of a smile crossing his face. “I found a house up in Aumakua, a little ways away from the lighthouse. It has a few extra homes beside it that are abandoned.” He shoots a glance to Seren then as Haai inspects the girl with a tail wag, head lifted to sniff and circle. “I can show it to you and see if it’ll make do for you?” He hums with a tilt of his head, trying to keep the hangover from appearing too obvious though it’s a lost cause.

(Feel free to PP Haai sniffing and moving around Seren!)
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Sunjata saw. Ronin saw, too. But he'd be damned, still, if he could make head or fucking tail of it. Still, Seren's politeness drew a small smile across his face, and whilst his fingers itched to request the whiskey glass so he could take a pull of alchohol, he resisted. Because y'know... he was a father again now. "Hey, I'd be using it a lot more if there were enough people to spar with," he said, the quip coming easily to say he was still very much in shock.

The other man brought very good news, however, and the relief in Ronin's posture and on his face was near palpable. "That would make my day," he admitted. "We ought to get some breakfast along the way, too." Not necessarily for himself (or Jata, given the guildmaster's current state of affairs), but Seren must be getting hungry. "What do you say, Seren?" he asked the girl. "If we get something to eat, then Sunjata can show us a house near to the lighthouse? We can walk up there together."

RONIN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Giggling as the wet nose of the griffin tickled her cheeks and hands, Seren let herself be inspected. Once approved, she returned the favor with equal curiosity, burying her small fingers deep in the dark pelt as she gently petted her way from nose to tail.

They were in the midst of a game of can't-catch-the-tail when Father said her name. Seren caught her playmate around the fluffy neck in a hug and considered the gaping void in her belly, the prospect of spending more time with the pirate and his pet.

"Okay!" she agreed eagerly, and came bounding over to the grownups. She casually dismissed her dad in favor of the pirate, and held up a hand towards him, graciously allowing him to hold it - he looked like he needed it. "What''s her name?" she asked, pointing back to the griffin. "Does this place have a name? What's for breakfast? Are you really a pirate?" The eyes that looked up at Sunjata were very blue and very eager, full of excitement at this prospect.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
The quip is something for Sunjata to focus on, and he hums in agreement and finds a small smile quirking at the corner of his lip. “You got me there.” He replies easily, setting the glass back on the counter. The offer of the homes nearby his is met with relief that he can almost feel, and Sunjata turns back to Ronin with a small nod at the mention of food.

He’s not hungry, but his gaze slips to Seren again as Ronin speaks to her. Haai seems content with the girl in the meantime and soon enough the child is bouncing toward him again, hand outstretched and Sunjata isn’t totally sure what she wishes to do with it. So he focuses on the question poised instead, gaze slipping back toward Ronin with a raised brow at the pirate comment before realizing how distracting it could be to just let the girl imagine whatever it was she wanted.

Perhaps it would be best for your father to hold your hand?” He asks with a tilt of his head — some awkwardness pouring through the Attuned bond to Ronin (albeit unknowingly). “Her name is Haai. This place is called Slagveld.” He offers, moving to step toward the entrance of the boxing ring, partially shifting his tattooed arm where long navy feathers sprout in a makeshift umbrella for her should she wish to walk beside Ronin and him, gaze slipping back to Ronin with a hint of a rogue grin crossing his face. “Yeah, I’m a pirate.” Is he really? No, at least not yet. But she doesn’t need to know that.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin felt the awkwardness and gave his friend an apologetic smile, glancing back to Seren and offering his hand out instead. "I think that might be best - Jata is a friend, but not the kind we hold hands with unless we have to, okay?" He winked at the girl, letting them fall in line beside his guildmaster so Jata could shield Seren with the canopy of feathers from his arm.

Raising an eyebrow as the other man actually confirmed himself to be a pirate, Ronin allowed himself a small smile as they headed out and into the rain. "Well, now that's all cleared up, let's get some breakfast. I know a few stalls that sell hot soup this early. Does that sound good?"

RONIN