before i got carried away
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

AMALiA
Well, this isn't foreboding at all.

The palace is, well, big. It reminds her of the Spire, if the Spire had been white and sprawling instead of one sharp middle-finger to the gods. She has to squint to look at it; the Leafchange sun glitters dangerously from it, threatening to blind her if she peers too long.

She isn't here to admire the castle, though. She's here for information - information she hopes to find here, in whatever sort of library they may boast. If they allow her inside. Loren had given her permission to visit, and Evie as well, so why does she feel so very out of place, dwarfed by the palace and all its grandeur?

A pack full of bread and other baked goods on her back, Amalia stands uncomfortably outside the large doors, waiting for someone to appear and direct her in.

the darkest nights produce the brightest stars
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
It didn't take long for someone to come alert Loren that there was a strange woman standing seemingly stuck still at the gates of the Palace. Sighing, he'd set down his latest set of bandages and rose to his seat. Apparently, Neron and Zariah were nowhere to be found or didn't want to be bothered, which wasn't unusual these days. He walked through the halls of the building and towards the entrance. Unsurprisingly, Astra was by his side and she bleated excitedly at this change in the slightly boring routine of their days.

Opening the door, he raised his eyebrows in surprise as he saw that it was Amalia waiting there. "Amalia? What brings you to Halo?" Despite his surprise, he offered her a faint smile and waved her in to the Palace. "Come in, it must be freezing out there." Of course, he didn't look cold at all; though he was dressed in a long-sleeved shirt and pants, there was no other concession to the temperature.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
New visitors to the Palace were common enough that Morgan could not investigate each and every one, but she always liked to pass by the entrance hall when she had the time and see if there was anyone of note coming through the gates. Usually it was no one and indeed, when she saw the normal looking woman she thought nothing of her until Loren approached and greeted her.

A friend of the healers, then? Pausing and lingering nearby she listened to what Loren said then approached herself, curious to meet more people from the Hollowed Grounds (or at least, those that had stayed there). "Loren." She greeted first, giving him a nod, then looked to Amalia. "I am Captain Morgan Aristomache. Can I help you?"
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

AMALiA
She really shouldn't be surprised to see Loren, yet as the healer appears - very scantily dressed, given the weather - the Shield cannot help but raise an eyebrow, blinking. "Oh, um, Loren. Hi. I... Thanks." Following their sometimes friend indoors, Amalia and Jyoti immediately feel relief as warmth wraps around them.

She is about to explain their purpose here when an unfamiliar voice interrupts, causing the girl to abruptly turn. "Amalia Chandrakant," the girl replies quickly, extending a fur-coated hand in greeting. "I was hoping to get some information about the, um, about Halo. And I brought some bread." Awkwardly she rubs her thumb over her wrist, leopard ears betraying how uncertain she feels.

the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Morgan's appearance was a bit of a surprise, but Loren gave the Captain a careful nod. As he did, he sent Amalia a thought tinged with grief. Hey. I...assume you saw the note. How are you holding up? Although not a hint of it showed on his features, his sorrow would be apparent to the baker.

When she brought up wanting to know more about Halo, his eyes widened slightly in surprise. Turning to Morgan, the healer clasped his hands behind his back. "Amalia is a friend. She is also a member of Queen Rexanna of the Hollowed Ground's council." His tone was firm.

Glancing at Amalia, he gestured for her to follow him. "Why don't we go to a sitting room and we'll answer what we can? I'll bring the bread to the kitchens later." Assuming the women agreed to his proposal, he would lead them to the nearest sitting room.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Amalia's ears and Loren's silent look towards her...it was clear to Morgan before Loren said anything that the two were friends and Attuned both; she couldn't help but wear a slight smile at the sight of Amalia's leopard ears moving. Shaking the woman's hand she nodded in greeting. "Information? Well, it would depend on what you want to hear. But if we can assist, we will."

She was glad she'd come up, now. Loren was a fine medic, but he was not a national to Halo. He might feel less inclined than her to guard their secrets and Morgan did not want them given out willy nilly. Following Loren to the sitting room she pulled her coat beneath herself and sat down, looking at Amalia expectantly.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

AMALiA
Loren's mental question catches her by surprise; she's been trying to keep the pain of Maea's loss buried, a stunningly easy task given how much pain she's endured this year. I can't really believe it, the girl admits, some of her own grief spilling over. I thought she was dead, before... Part of me thinks she'll come back again.

But there's business to discuss, the distraction of a task at hand. Following Loren deeper into the palace, Amalia tries and fails to keep the wonder from her face as she looks around the enormous space. It's unlike anything she's seen before, and fascinating enough that she nearly forgets why she came.

Nodding to Morgan, the Shield sinks into a chair. "Well, I... A little while ago some of us went into the Fangs to, to help rebuild a shrine in the Ground." She doesn't know how much Morgan knows of that adventure, but trusts Loren to understand why she doesn't elaborate.

"While we were there we saw... A person, living in the caves. He, he died before I could ask him questions, but I wondered who he was. If there were more of them. And I wanted to apologize, for not being able to save him." She bows her head, hands clenched in her lap. Another pointless loss of life on a day with far too high a toll.

the Firebrand

Change author:
Amalia's grief was met with an unhealthy amount of Loren's own sorrow. I know. It doesn't feel real after...everything else. Indeed, he was clearly still coming to terms with Maea's death.

Noting Morgan's caution, the healer took a seat as well. Sliding his fingers together in his lap, he listened to the baker's story and reason for being here with a neutral expression on his face. When she finished, he cleared his throat. "It's not your fault. Halo is a harsh land that claims the lives of many who are unprepared for it." Although his voice was even, he sent a pulse of sympathy and understanding towards his fellow Attuned to let her know he understood why she was upset about this.

Glancing at the Captain, he leaned forward slightly. "As for this man, he could've been there for any number of reasons. Sometimes people want to get away from civilization for a while. And sometimes even experienced hunters get lost and can't find their way back." He shrugged, not really having answers for the Shield.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Morgan had in fact heard about the quest in the Fangs, mostly when one of her guards had scoffed and told her there had been a party stupid enough to go and seek out a dragon. To hear that Amalia had been a part of that lowered her impression of the newcomer, but she didn't let it show for the moment. "Yes, I know. One of our councilmembers died to a dragon in that mission. If I had been consulted before it was undertaken I would have advised against it."

Loren gave a...kinder comment about the whole thing, but Morgan didn't correct herself. She rarely said things she didn't mean.

"He could have also been a cannibal. We have issues with crazed exiles running around the mountains causing problems." Morgan did give Amalia an earnest look then. "His death is not your fault unless you held the knife that killed him. You need not apologise."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

AMALiA
Posessing no skill in masking emotions, Amalia winces visibly as Morgan confirms knowledge of the misadventure. Of course, Peter had been living in Halo... "We should have gotten more information," the baker concedes, jaw fluttering in anger as she thinks of Sunjata's false bravado, horns appearing in small nubs upon her forehead.

As much as she appreciates Loren's attempts to put her at ease, it is Morgan's straightforward nature that grounds her best, soothing her anxiety a little. Nodding she, bites her lip. "I tried to stop it." Again she doesn't blame Sunjata aloud, though her aggravation with the man will be clear enough to Loren.

Running her palms over her thighs, the Shield looks back at Morgan. "These people... These cannibals... Is there a way to help them? Heal their minds, or at least feed them something else? I anything help prevent more loss of life..."

the Firebrand

Change author:
Watching the exchange between Morgan and Amalia, Loren nodded. "Yes." For a moment, his own aggravation with how that expedition had gone flared up through the link before he walled himself off. His features had remained neutral. Sending a pulse of understanding towards her when she mentioned trying to prevent the death, he kept verbally silent, though hopefully she'd get the message.

When she asked whether there was anything they could do for the cannibals, the healer glanced at the Captain. "There is nothing wrong with their minds. They were exiled for breaking our laws, and as such, there is little we can do to help them in the ways in which you are likely imagining. We need our food to feed our own mouths." Shaking his head slightly, he let some sympathy bubble through their bond.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Amalia's empathy was the kind of thing that Morgan's mother would have told her to admire, but in this particular instance the Captain felt it was blinding her to the obvious truth that the cannibals were nothing but a blight upon them all. Some people were beyond saving and sad as it was, it was best to cut your losses and turn your back.

"The Warden and I are implementing a strategy of cutting off their food supplies and limiting their ability to travel, for the moment. Later we may have to escalate." As to what that meant she didn't say, but it was rather obvious: what else could they do, other than turn to violence? It would not be the first time Morgan had killed, but it would be the most bloody: the thought made her pull one hand into a fist.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

AMALiA
Biting her lip at Loren's dismissal, the girl furrows her brow. "You said they were crazed," she points out, glancing between the pair of them. "Surely there must be something flawed, if they want to eat other... Other people. It goes against Rae's design." Rubbing her wrist anxiously, she looks back to Morgan.

The implications of what escalating may mean are not as lost on the girl as they may have been a year ago. Shaking her head, the Shield sets her jaw. "Whatever they have done... there must be another way. Vi gave these people life, and we - I - have a responsibility to protect that." This last part is addressed specifically to Morgan, praying she'll understand.

the Firebrand

Change author:
"She said they were crazy." Loren's voice was soft, and he stared at Amalia with understanding eyes. "The truth is, food is Halo is scarce, and they have limited areas to hunt. They were likely driven to it by desperation. The insanity is brought on by their circumstances." Taking a deep breath, he shook his head sadly. "But they broke our laws, and this is their punishment." His voice was firm on that.

However, he knew the baker fairly well and had more than one way to communicate with her. You're going to do this regardless of what we say, so I will accompany you, though I'm afraid this will not work out as you are hoping. You are unlikely to be able to sway the Captain, I'm afraid. His mental voice as much less formal and much more friendly.
loren

Coding base by Sky!