six feet under
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
His knife aims true and cuts the wrist of the demigoddess. But it would remain nothing more than a simple flesh wound, as she suddenly disappeared. The cold from Maea's lingering spirit dropped further, an unnatural chill running up his spine as she stepped through him. And though his soul remained and her blood colored his blade, perhaps the sensation of a ghost walking through him would be the piece that would help him understand. Or perhaps not. He seemed incapable of accepting his responsibility.

"Then don't, says the man who not minutes ago demanded that I speak." she said, turning back to him. Maea's presence lingered still, a sign that she was not yet fully at peace. "If you refuse to let go of the dead, a woman who died twice over, you may as well let me take your soul." she said simply. "That is what we do with the dead who yet walk this earth."
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
if i let go, would you hold on, would we fly?
is it safer if we just say that we tried?
There’s the smell of iron along the blade as he presses it against her wrist, dripping with red as she suddenly disappears and he pants, a searing cold shifting down his spine as she walks through him. He inhales a deep breath of cold and his jaw clenches as he staggers a bit forward, feeling the demigod step through him. His eyes shut tight, staggering forward for a mere moment to try and recover while her words alight the air.

And when he opens them again, he can see the brief pale figure in his peripheral vision, gritting his teeth against it.

So he turns, slowly, a haunted gaze lingering on Delphia and trying to avoid the scents that suddenly surround him, that remind him of the wisteria of his home, of the way white wings had splayed in the sunlight, the way the sun seemed to glimmer in the river on pale eyelashes and a deep scarlet flush. He swallows hard, breath still heavy, throat tight despite how he tries to quell it.

Do you think you’re trying to save me?” He manages, a rough hoarse voice, arms dropping to his sides as he goes to put the daggers away and turn a bit more fully toward her with the chill in the air. Internally, it feels like he’s giving up, if he lets go this soon. It feels wrong, hurting far deeper than any other wounds. “I am very much alive. Just because you’re the daughter of Mort doesn’t mean you get to dictate every thought I have. I don’t care if you don’t think I didn’t love her. I know I did. She knew it too.” He knows she’s there, right now, listening.

He’s frankly too torn up to be reasonable and rational at this moment.

I am tired Delphia, of getting close to people only for this place to take them away. I’m so fucking tired of it.” It’s not an apology, but it might be as close as she gets right now.
are we laughing at the danger?
are we dancing after death, you and I?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHiA
"I do not care to save you. But she did." she said, turning to face him. Her wrist stung and she clutched. Tishy mewed at her worriedly, but she sent her a pulse of assurance through their bond. It was but a scratch, nothing more.

"Then prove me wrong." Delphia said. As her anger began to subside, for it never lasted long, her form began to rejuvenate, reviving from its decrepit state. "Be tired. Be angry. Hurt deeply. Then let her go." she said, almost urging it. "That is the key to being alive. That is the key to understanding what Maea wrote for you, what she wished you to know. Because if you think that this covering up of the what hurts instead of dealing with it is doing you or your fate or your soul any favors, if you think that clinging to the ghost of a woman who died seasons ago will absolve you of your pain and sins, you're wrong."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Her words cause him to still a small amount, jaw clenching as he regards her clutching her wrist – the rain continuing to pour and coating his cloak and head with it, running the river of red along his neck. His gaze only leaves her to look toward the sky as she continues, letting the rain drip along his skin as he blinks them away to try and seem like he can see the stars behind the clouds that cover the day, knowing they are out there, somewhere, before he sighs.

His head lowers, looking to the trees now as if they hold the answers, but nothing does. Not even her words – because letting go is far more difficult to do than it sounds coming from her lips. He reaches up with a hand to run through his hair, resting it at the back of his neck as silence descends and he’s not entirely sure what to say, what to try and do, other than what he already has been. “I am trying.” He manages weakly.

Trying to be better, to let go of things, and for a moment he has – that night when Maea had come back to the house with him, the last time he’d seen her. It had only been her on his mind, flitting through the rooms of the home, tending to the garden and the wisteria, but he’d said nothing. Nothing. Because it hadn’t felt right, he hadn’t figured it out until that moment, and perhaps that made him irrational and impulsive, but he’d known long before that was some of his flaws.

Steel greys lift to meet Delphia’s growing corporeal form, hidden sparks of pain lingering within them there as he swallows hard. “It’s not something I can do quickly, but I can, and that’s the problem.” He adds, sighing heavily and shifting on his feet to cross his arms again. “I just need the time to do it.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
The silence lingers and she makes no move to break it. Instead, she simply watches, her body having just fully reformed when he finally speaks. The emotionless mask and anger in her dissipate, and instead she looked at him warmly. The difficult part was done, and now, once more, she could offer the softness and warmth people sought. "I know you are trying. You just needed a course corrector." she said gently.

"Letting go is a skill that must be practiced." she said. "Let me ask you, if I gave you a ritual, one to help you process and cope, to learn to let these feelings wash away...would you do it?" she asked.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He almost bristles at the gentleness of her tone. It burns against him, while he begins to smolder and break apart internally. He doesn’t want this, but it must be done, right? There’s a flame to the back of his throat, some sort of burning that he can’t quite place despite the cold to the air, and it keeps him silent while she continues on – a question ringing in the air of his own uncertainty, of his own discomfort, tired of getting tasks and claiming to make him feel better when he’d much prefer to just burn and bristle until he inevitably burns out.

Would he do it? He supposes it depends. What was the ritual? Would he ever be in a space ready to try? He can’t tell, so he remains silent a bit longer, weighing the pro’s and con’s of it. Eventually, he heaves a heavy sigh and looks away from her again, eyes shutting tight as he reaches up to pinch the bridge of his nose before his shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. “What is it?” He asks.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
The cat upon her shoulders suddenly disappeared, and Delphia said nothing to his question. She waited, patient and silent as the minutes passed until finally the cat returned carrying a satchel in its mouth. The demigoddess opened it, laying out its contents for him to see.

"As night falls, light one of these candles. They are infused with sage and hawthorn, and should be left to burn through the night upon a window sill. After lighting it, take this Patchouli oil and coat your throat and lower back. Allow yourself to dwell on whatever comes regarding those you have lost. Sadness. Happiness. Grief. Fond memories. Whatever it may be, it is the time in which to feel that which loss brings you. Then bathe with this tea tree infused soap, preferably in running water. After this is complete, do not let your mind wander to the dead again until the next night." she explained.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He watches her as she lays out the contents, explaining what to do with each one, and he watches the items with a quiet raise of his brow. It reminds him of Korofi, ironically, of the time he’d met the family of the woman he was to be engaged to. He felt much like he does right now too, and he chews on the inside of his cheek as he listens. “Okay.” He offers, stepping forward to inspect each of the items before he crouches to pick them up.

Each item, the candle, the oil, the soap, all find their way into the pockets on the inside – some hidden reserve peeking through the look he gives her, not believing in what these small things can do. But he’d told her he’d try, and so he takes them, quiet and still closed off, steel shadowed and dark, unsure how he could not think about the dead until the next night after completing them.

But regardless, he stands again, gaze remaining on Delphia. “And then what?” Wondering what the result would be, what it would feel like.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
She watched as he took the things, silent as he did so. She had her doubts about his success, not certain he could pull himself back to life after all of this. But Maea had believed. And it was her soul on the line. So she had to hope that her friend had not been wrong.

"Then, in one season, return here. You should be ready to hear Maea's message then." she said, expression growing serious. "I do not think she will rest until she is certain you have finally learned how to heal...so keep in mind it is more than just your soul on the line here."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His gaze remains on her, pausing to pull the hood up on his head. His question is met with an answer he really doesn’t want to hear, but he grits his teeth against it anyway, feeling the heaviness of the items within his cloak. “Alright.” He agrees, quietly, jaw clenching as he tears his gaze away from her to try and look toward the pale figure in his vision – though it never quite lands.

He sighs then. “One season.” He reiterates, turning away from her and wondering what the fuck he’d gotten into to have to do this just to hear. He’s not ready yet to let go, but perhaps in time he might be. It was hard to tell, hard to say. And he burns with the frustration of not getting the satisfaction he wanted, to hear what she had to say to him. Instead, he’s stuck to walk by the notice board, to see everyone else’s goodbyes.

Left to wait for his own goodbye. It burns to walk away, but it’s clear he won’t get it. A quiet ’sorry’ mouthed to wherever Maea might be, wherever she might see it. And he gathers his griffin and the items and goes to leave the Greatwood.

- FIN