six feet under
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
if i let go, would you hold on, would we fly?
is it safer if we just say that we tried?
Oh, he’s seen the Notice Board once he caught wind of it. Somewhere in between making his trips from Halo to the Grounds. And what he sees there, certainly explains a lot — the absence of her, the change in his mood, the rain that settled as Leafchange took over.

He finds he’s fucking tired of making lanterns, of losing people, of all of it. Closing himself off from everyone else and the mask as it settles in place for what feels like a permanent feature. But he makes his way to Ludo’s Woods, seeking Delphia out yet again, because apparently he only ever talks to the demigod when a lover has died.

And he’s sick of it already.

Haai sets the path ahead of him, steady in her walk and he’s surprisingly sober through this, though he doubts it'll last long. The rain pours harder here, pulling his cloak further along his head, daggers hidden within because he never quite went anywhere without them anymore, the new tattoo on his arm still there, still healing.

His main question is why he hadn’t been added to the Notice Board, figuring likely because there would be another way to find out. And so here he is, stormy and downcast, waiting for the woman to arrive as she was often prone to do.

(Takes place before KQ, before meeting Ronin & Seren <3)
are we laughing at the danger?
are we dancing after death, you and I?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
Delphia knew he was coming, likely before Jata even knew himself. Not because she could see the future, but because she knew a lover would not understand the absence of their name from such a lengthy goodbye letter. Because if he loved her as Maea had thought he did, he would not be satisfied going with questions unanswered. So she made no effort to speed up the process, simply living her life in Ludo's Woods as she always had.

And of course, the spirits swelled at his approach to the woods in the middle of a rainstorm. Oh well.

The seer grabbed a heavy, oiled cloak to keep the rain from soaking her through. Tishy snuggled into a pocket, happy to snooze while her bonded did whatever strange things she was off to do today. It did not take her long to come across Jata, the woods bending and shifting to take her where she wished. "I was wondering when you would come." she said quietly.
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It doesn’t take long before Delphia stands before him – greeting him in such a way that his jaw clenches and his steel gaze narrows on the demigod. “I came as soon as I read the notice board.” He says – because he wasn’t in the Grounds that often anymore, having found his place in Torchline and working on the bar in Halo. He’d only come back there when necessary.

So he pauses, shifting his weight from one leg to the next beneath the cloak that the stands beneath letting it avert the water from his skin. “So why wasn’t I added to that list?” He’s ready for another awkward round two – only this time instead of finding out the death firsthand, he already knows. It’s what she has to say after that he wants to hear. He certainly is sure he struck enough of a chord in Maea’s life to have had something said about him.

Still, he can’t help the cold reflects from him, the mask and stone built up to keep everything within, watching the woman before him with a narrow stormy gaze.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia was quiet as he spoke, as he demanded to know the answers to his questions. Her expression remained blank, though melancholic determination shone clear in her steely eyes. Tishy poked up from her pocket then, clambering up to her shoulders. Even in her spirit form, she was visible, translucent as her shadows stretched large around the seer. The silence continued, no answer to his questions, no sound at all. She simply held his gaze, unmoving.

"You are like many others who have come before you, who believe it my duty to soothe their pain, because I can speak to and see those they cannot." she said, voice emotionless. As she spoke, the cat sith kitten's shadows vacillated behind her. "But it is not the case. Mort placed me here to collect the lost dead, to soothe broken souls and calm disruptive spirits. Giving messages to those who grieve? I did that of my own will." she said.

Her head tilted to the side, gaze unchanging. "Maea is my friend. She is a chosen of Ludo. Why should I give you her message of healing to you death, when you caused her so much pain in life?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The silence is frustrating, and it’s a game he certainly doesn’t want to play. So when she speaks he finds himself tensing, jaw clenching and gaze narrowing before he shakes his head and looks away — up at the boughs of tree branches above, through the cloudy skies above, to return on Delphia with that very same frustration. But he doesn’t get a moment to reply to that statement as her head tilts and he finds his stormy gaze lingering on her again.

And what she says next? Nearly has him rolling his eyes. The hood of the cloak is removed now, not caring of the rain that drifts down his cheeks and along the panes of his neck. His gaze narrows on her instead. “I caused her so much pain in life?” He repeats, finding it unbelievable that it could be more than the typical woes of relationships. “I loved her, Delphia. No, the first time I came to you about Lusea you didn’t have to tell me shit about it. But you can’t expect me to be pleased that I have to be here as if I’m a dog and you’re carrying the bone in front of my face, because everyone else got something said to them and I got nothing out of it.” He feels toyed with, churned up and spurned from the inside while the shadows creep in again and again, over and over again.

I know Maea better than to know she has no words left for me.” He frowns, unamused by all of this. “If it’s something she wanted me to know, then tell me. But I’m done playing games to get there.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
"Did you love her?" she said, voice as devoid of emotion as her expression. For a moment, she resembled her divine counterpart, the masked soul guide, far more than her compassionate father. His ire and impatience, his demands and storm - it meant nothing to her. For as much as she loved him as a piece of the great tapestry Vi wove, she was not at the behest of life. She did not need to extend herself any farther than her father bid her, and in this moment, she was not compelled to do so.

The demigoddess closed her eyes, recalling her last substantive conversation with the pale girl. "He loved Lusea with everything he was. He built his life on her, and all his future... and even though she is gone, he has yet to fully accept it, I think. He still sees her in his future... leaving room for no one else. Everything he's done, everyone he's been with since she died... he compares it to a bandaid, to cover up the wound. To not have to look at it." Steely eyes opened, letting the words she recited hang in the air. "The capacity to love in life is a gift from Mort, and you use it to love that which is dead, and twist its purpose so that you might soothe your living body while your soul yearns for death. Is that not so, Sunjata?" she said, tone still lacking all emotion. She held no empathy for his situation, not when she took her father's precious gift and twisted it so.

"She did want you to know something, but this is no game, Sunjata."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Yes.” He says quickly. But of course, it doesn’t end there. Not as she closes her eyes and recounts what he had told Maea within the argument that had started all of the mess he had managed to find his way into again. But his gaze narrows on her again, staring with that sharpened intensity, jaw clenched tight, hands beneath his cloak inadvertently tightening around Safrin’s daggers in his frustration.

I had years with Lusea. Years to love her and mourn her and realize she wasn’t coming back.” He grits out, taking a step closer to Delphia. “And then, this fucking place, gives her back to me again. To lose again. I told Maea I needed time.” He thinks it’s reasonable to have asked for that. But he doesn’t think it’s reasonable for Delphia to withhold this from him when Maea knew that he was trying.

He exhales sharply, planting his feet, arms moving to fold across his chest with Safrin’s tattoo on full display as the water from the rain continues to drip along his head. “I loved her as much as I could. I will not let you act like it means nothing.” He can’t help the growl to his voice with this. “So, please just tell me what she wanted to say and I’ll leave.” He doubts he’ll find a way to meet her again when it comes to speaking to more of the dead — everything crushed and broken within him again and again and he’s sick of it all.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
"You had years with Lusea. You loved her wholly. And those years are over. She is beyond you, resting in peace, loved by Mort, and she does not mourn your absence in her eternal existence." her eyes narrowed slightly as she spoke.

"It is not an act, and it does mean nothing, in the end. You forget to whom you speak, follower of Safrin." she said dryly, glancing at his tattoo but clearly unimpressed. "I am the daughter of Mort, the god that is the only reason you think you know love. It was his gift to mankind. I have known his love my whole life, and that which you insist is his divine gift is nothing more than a lie to soothe your broken soul." she said, ever emotionless despite the sharpness of her words.

"Many times now, you have used the dead as an excuse. Many times, you have used the word 'love' to coax these bandages to soothe you, conflating love with comfort, then demanding pity. You take my father's gift and the names of the dead and use it like nooses to strangle life from your victims - an incubus walking amongst the living." As she spoke, her form began to decay, the smell of death wafting on the breeze. "And still you dare stand before the child of Mort, defiant in your ignorance, claiming to love." Her head shook slowly, and as it did, pieces of flesh fell from her bones, dissipating into smoke. "Why should I bestow you with words of healing, when you are the one allowing your soul to fester?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Of course it gets worse – because nothing could be easy anymore, could it? He listens, half tempted to roll his eyes when he speaks of Lusea being beyond him. But the comment of her not mourning him? Yeah, that gets to him. It gets to him deep, like a knife cutting through to his chest, a gaping wound all over again. His gaze narrows on her again, jaw clenching tight to keep from speaking.

But he can’t hold his tongue for long. “His gift to mankind here, sure. But not in Korofi, not in my world. I loved her long before arriving here.” He snaps back to her, passing over the comments of his broken soul, his sad idea at what love is. He had felt it, knew what it was, knew how terrifying it could be and still ended up trying it. He will not let it be deemed childish. So he tries to break his gaze from her, lifting that tattooed arm to rub his fingers along his temple, keeping that leash in check. For now.

Yet she goes on, comparing him to an incubus, and honestly? That’s a new one. Perhaps he should have married that girl his father had arranged for him to – could have talked long hours into the night of witchcraft and ghost stories. It would have been far better than this. His nostrils flare at her accusations, just another term for a monster of sorts, knowing deep down where his flaws lie. Still, it does little to keep from the deep-seated anger from showing, claws appearing where fingers had been, nicking a line along his temple that begins to bleed. But he’s too focused on her words to really care about the blood that mixes with the rain that drips along the side of his face.

Neither death had ultimately been his fault.

So he watches her as she begins to decay in front of him, ignoring the smell and the sight the best he can to try and keep that leash on his temper, ignoring the cut to his cheek as he clenches his jaw and inhales quite deeply to try and keep his voice even. “I did not come here to hear you degrade my life. I can do that well enough on my own.” It’s low, gravelly as his gaze finds her again, hands disappearing beneath the cloak again for the little comfort of Safrin’s daggers. “What do you want me to ask.” It’s a question, but it comes out flat – dull, the best he can do to keep his temper from flaring
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
"You are of this world now, and so bound by its laws of existence." she said simply. Korofi was a long forgotten place. Perhaps it had built him, but it was no more. He was as much a part of Caido as any natural, and that meant his ability to love was a gift of Mort. His desecration of that gift? A sin Delphia was not certain even her loving heart could forgive.

"It is because you do it so well on your own that the truth flung back at you stings so keenly." Delphia said, eyes having sunken in, skin taut and dried, cracking as she spoke. She said nothing but the truth she saw before her, just as she had with Maea, and Jata did and said nothing to sway her mind. "Ask me how it is you can change. Ask me what you can do to soothe your soul so you might actually walk through life. Mort wants nothing more than for those in this plane to live fully, but you?" she said, cocking her head to the side. "So long as you covet the dead, you too are nothing but a dead soul inside a shell. That is not a good death and insults Mort as much as your twisting of his gift. Either seek the path to life, or seek the path to death. Either I will give you, and both will end in the answers you seek from Maea."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He really doesn’t care to hear it – a white noise effect of being bound by these laws and these rules of existence. Gods he’s tired of it, tired of this, tired of being in this position again and again. He doesn’t care if Delphia would forgive him for getting stuck in his ruts, it’s who he is. It’s how he’s been, and if there’s one thing Sunjata knew, it was that it was nearly impossible to change. So he lets her tattle off her retorts as she decays before him, another bead of blood mixing with rain to drip down his cheek as he laughs when she tells him to ask her what to do.

She is not his goddess. She is not even the demi-god of his goddess. And while she might be daughter of the old gods, that did not give her the right to prolong this out to try and change him.

I am a follower of Safrin and in turn Vi.” He grits out, hands clutching at the daggers again, gaze narrowing on her decaying form, edging a step closer. “What makes you think that you get to decide how I live my life when my goddess seems perfectly happy to let me be the way I am.” He’s not helping the situation, but he also doubts very much that she can help sway him, change him, turn him on a different path when Safrin had set him down a different one all on her own.

To make something of himself, in perhaps a less savory way but a way nonetheless.

This is my life, Delphia. I’ll do with it what I want to. I will not sit there and try to change my life for you to feel better with your father.” He shifts a small amount in place, the glint of the daggers seen through the parting of the cloak.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
Silence fell for a moment, the air seeming to still. Tishy, reacting to the emotions Delphia felt, visible through her decay, arched up behind her head. Slowly, the demigoddess lifted a hand, palm outstretched. Then in an instant, as she closed her fist, the sensation of his soul, still within his body being tugged away would wash over the guildmaster. "I do not get to decide how you live. But I can decide how you die." she hissed. Delphia approached, far too stable on her feet given the state of decay she found herself in. Again she tugged on his soul, his body jerking from the force.

Steely eyes flicked down as the dagger glinted beneath his cloak. With her free hand she grabbed it, not caring in the least as it cut her. Instead she used the leverage to pull him even closer, her lips held by his ear. "You are a greater fool, and far more stubborn than I had imagined." she said, voice a whispery hiss. "I do not care if your life changes. I do not care if you live or die, and my father will love me regardless of the state you are in when you die, like everything else in this world ultimately will. But she cared. And I will not give you her message until you change enough to understand the depth of its meaning."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He’s content to let her remain in her silence, honestly. Half tempted and torn between just abandoning the cause and leaving until things calm down. But he doesn’t, because soon enough her hand is lifted and her fist closes and everything inside him feels wrong. Different from when Safrin had reached into his chest, shifting his Accepted heart for Attuned in an instant. This one is jerky, wrong, clasping around the darkness within him.

He grits his teeth, torn between the feeling of gasping for breath and something within shattering. And she pulls him closer, stealing the dagger from him. He struggles to regain his breath, hearing her whisper in his ear. This, with everything else, ignites that flame within him of that shadowed silvery darkness, the tides of storms crashing within him, and he manages to try and recover enough to press back to her, a shaking hand lifting to steal the dagger back and flipping it onto her – against her wrist and pressing down.

Then don’t.” He snaps with a clattering of fanged teeth, surprisingly breathy as his soul continues to feel like it’s bounding within him, tearing and searing and jerking as if it’s trying to break free. He, too, tries to push away from the demigod, a growl finding its way to his throat.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A  sudden chill fell over the Woods. The gust of wind that drove into Sunjata's back carried with it a scent that did not belong here, a fragrance of snow and ice, of honey and crisp apples, and the heady scent of lavender. Curiously, even the dusty, dry smell of parchment and ink.

There came a soft sigh from somewhere just behind him, and a figure appeared, just in the periphery of his vision. Someone was standing there behind him, small and pale, and no matter how he turned his head, the figure would remain.

It was looking at him.