We don't have to dance
Remi!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
She pouted, but only for a moment. "I like being high up," Seren told him, as an explanation. "It makes my tummy tickle, and everything looks very small. It's fun. What do I do, if I can't be on the rocks?"

Dancing along with the flower, she swayed back and forth, her body itching to keep moving. Sitting still wasn't easy, didn't feel right somehow. Watching it made her smile... But as she looked at Remi, and he way he talked about Aofie, Seren held out the flower towards him. Because he looked like he needed it more than her.

"Painting how?" she asked, just as softly. "Like the one on Sunjata's arm?" It was the only real comparison she had to go on, and Seren remained thoroughly impressed with it.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
"I didn't say you couldn't be up here, just that it potentially cuts down the amount of life you have to live. Like I said before, if you can't rapidly heal, a fall from here will kill you." Remi shrugged. Seren wasn't his; if she died, it wasn't his issue (only it was, in a roundabout way of course). "Were I you, I might work on avoiding dangerous situations until you're strong enough to best them."

Glancing at the offered flower, the gesture so sweet and innocent, the alchemist couldn't help the way his stomach painfully tensed and how his heart flopped. Shaking his head, throat suddenly tight, he coughed. "You keep it." He muttered gruffly when he could.

'No, that's a tattoo.' Remi replied. "We would paint with things we found: jam, flowers, wine. Whatever Aoife liked the colour of. Usually, we'd use the walls as a canvas." Because why not: Aoife's happiness was all that mattered and Remi cared very little for order and tidiness.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
Life was important, and this time, it brought home his cautions in a deeper sense. Seren was oddly unafraid, prone to leaping headlong into anything that seemed fun, but now she was for the first time made aware that it might not be the best of ideas.

"How do I know what's dangerous? And how do I know when I'm strong enough?" she asked, her little face alert and attentive.

Remi didn't want the flower, and she didn't insist. Seren brought her hands into her lap and kept holding it, her eyes wandering to the flowers and the white stone. All the colors of the flowers were very vibrant in the sunlight.

"What was her favorite color?" she asked - because questions was all she had. Even if her small heart ached, Seren didn't have any words to offer him. Didn't know any that might fully express what she felt anyway.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"When you...are about to do something, do you ever feel a tickle in your stomach? The hairs on the back of your neck going up?" Seren might not be an attuned (or maybe she was, for all he knew), but that didn't mean she didn't have instincts just like any other animal. "That's your body's way of telling you that something might be wrong." Then, the alchemist shrugged. "Or just use common sense."

Clenching his jaw slightly and then releasing the tension with a small sigh, the alchemist offered Ronin's daughter a weary smile. "Anything bright. Things that sparkled always drew her attention." He replied a touch wistfully, before clearing his throat as if he might do away with the emotion entirely.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The girl scowled in deep concentration as she thought of this. She did know the feeling, but it was one she had been happy to chase rather than avoid. It seemed awfully boring to stay away from it... But if that was the rule, then she would try. A bit. "Okay," she sighed, sounding none too enthusiastic about it.

The remark about Aoife loving shiny things did remind the girl of something she had seen on the cliffs. She stood, quite abruptly, and skipped off towards the place where she had been climbing, and with rather a bit more care she scaled out onto one of them. Reaching into a crevice, she picked out a seashell some bird had dropped there, and came back with it in hand. It was small and white and wound into a tight spiral - a small conch shell - and she put it down by the base of the white rock. It all but disappeared amidst the flowers.

"I can find better ones too" she promised, though it was unclear whether she spoke to Remi, the rock or her sister, wherever she might be.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Watching Seren skip away, the alchemist could help but feel a reluctant sense of obligation to watch her. If she fell while he was right there, saving her being well within his magical means, he surely wouldn't be able to live with himself. That didn't mean he stopped his eyes from narrowing or his expression from becoming rather begrudging as he waited for her to return.

When she did, sweetly offering up something she thought Aoife might have liked, Remi had to bite his tongue to keep from telling her to keep her shit-shells from his daughter's shrine. You couldn't say that to a child, no matter how cold-hearted. The fact that Seren was only trying to help made Remi's sudden flare of anger sit all the more unhappily in his stomach. "If you want. She's gone, so it isn't like she can see them now." He replied with a dull shrug.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The tone he used was strange, and his words made her tummy feel strange. They brought questions bubbling up within, many of which she couldn't quite put words to. It was the idea that Aoife couldn't see or care about her - or her gifts, or the little grave - that upset her. And called into question the very existence of the marker at all. But how did she express the frustration at this?

"Then she can not see the flowers either," she retorted, expression falling into something petulant and surly.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Surely there was a difference between not wanting to be a father to Seren and being the special brand of asshole Remi was currently being. Though just now, Remi couldn't see it. All he knew was that it wasn't Seren's fault, and yet she, with her eyes and curls and delicate lips and fingers all of which Aoife should have grown into, were such an easy target for his rage-soaked-grief.

"Nope, she can't. She can't see any of this, but it isn't for her. Not really." Trying to force himself to soften, he looked up towards the girl with a soft and honest shrug. "She gets to be with Mort, but we still miss her. So...we do these things to remember her." Holding up one of the flowers and spinning it softly in his hands, Remi tried on a small that felt ill-fitting and small. "So you see...none of this is for Aoife, it's for us. Do you understand?"
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She did understand, on some level. Gone was gone, and death was final. No take backs - that was the rule. But understanding the words was not the same as accepting the meaning of them. All Seren knew was that she wanted her sister to see the pretty shell and the flowers, and be happy about them. It had felt good to give the gift away, and to imagine a little girl - with a face much like her own - smiling upon receiving it.

But Remi was crushing that small illusion under a figurative heel, and for all that he tried to soften the blow, it stung none the less. There was a brief impulse in her to take all the pain and frustration out on him, on the pretty flowers he planted for a child that couldn't see them - or could she? - but Seren really wasn't a belligerent child. Hers was a kind soul, a vast and generous heart... and even though it hurt, all she did was ride the tide of the emotion in all its terrible depth.

Slowly, the little face scrunched up, eyes quite brimming with tears... and she began to cry. Quiet at first, but with increasing volume as the feelings overwhelmed her.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The sound and sight of Seren's tears were like acid on the particularly nasty bit of build up around the alchemist's heart. He didn't want his defences down, didn't want to care about this child's cries, but what was there to do? Not even Remi was so heartless as to ignore a child in distress, even though he wanted to be.

"There's no need to cry." He said a touch stiffly, looking properly awkward. Extending out a hand to indicate she could come to him for a hug or a ....whatever, Remi cleared his throat. "I used to cry about it as well." He admitted in that same rather stilted and unsure voice.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Wringing her little dress between not-too-clean hands, the girl hiccuped and sobbed, unable to quite let go the frustration this difficult concept of grieving the dead truly was. Missing a sister she never met, being told she could probably meet her, maybe, if she died, but that no flowers or seashells in the world would make her smile in the meantime... What did you even do with feelings like those?

As Remi held out his arm to her, Seren staggered towards him, and all but collapsed in against him, rather dramatically. Maybe his words had been less than helpful, but she wasn't mad at him. Just at the unfairness of it all.

"I-I wanted her to s-smile! And see her and be sisters!" she wailed, feeling the loss of this possibility keenly.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Her small body was...big. Bigger than Aoife's. She smelled differently too, wriggled differently, sounded differently. And you know what? It made Remi relax instantly. Part of him worried that she'd be too similar, that every moment in her presence would be a tortured reminder of what he lost. But just now, it wasn't so.

Pulling her against him, one arm wrapping around her shuddering frame as she continued to wail, Remi could only shrug with awkward agreement. " Mmm, that would have been nice. But it wasn't to be." Reflixively almost, one of his hands began to smooth down her curls. "I would tell you that one day it will make more sense, but I'm far older than you are, and I still don't really understand it."
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Perhaps one day, when she was older, Seren might look back on this moment and appreciate the frank honesty he offered her. It was a rare thing, and not always granted to children. Because of a fear of tears, perhaps, for fear of challenging their still developing minds, ruining some innocence.

Right now it didn't help much though. With no reassurances, there was no new illusion to help hold back the tears, so she just kept crying, soothed only by the embrace, the hand stroking her hair. And that was soothing. Seren hugged him back, as best she could, and found that it helped too.

At least her little storm didn't last very long; like a passing summer shudder the tears soon abated, and she was left with hiccuping sniffles.

"I still want to give her pretty things," she sniffed, gazing a little forlornly at the grave marker. A bit stubborn.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Whether stubborn, uncertain, or strictly understand, the alchemist simply let the girl cry against him, making no attempt to hurry her through it. The wetness on his shirt would dry and it wasn't as if he had anything else to be doing. As he'd just told her, it wasn't as though the shrine-maintenance was for Aoife. It was for him, and perhaps this was just a new part of that.

"You can. It's why this is here..At first when she was gone, I didn't want to talk about her or even think about her, but that was wrong. Having this place, somewhere I can be intentional about remembering her, helps." Or at least, it helped him. Whether it would at all help a young demigod who'd never been able to meet her half-sister was another question entirely.