[se] as if maybe someone could hear
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
cut up our losses into doable doses
ration our tears and sighs
Once, when Ronin used that tone, it used to make Remi feel a fluttery sort of uncertainty in the pit of his stomach. Some latent reflex pounded into him over years and years of being submissive to precisely those with than manner of voice. Now, he merely groaned and rolled his eyes. "I forget a lot of things these days. How magnanimous of you to remind me."

Letting his head loll from side to side to indicate a confused sort of thoughtfulness, Remi eventually decided on yes. "Maybe not tangible things but...she'd have had more preferences, I suppose. More time in the world to figure out what she liked."

Watching Ronin2 appear, while he was nestled against his husband proper, continued to feel so exceedingly strange. It was weird guilt indeed to feel like you were cheating on your husband with your husband. Looking at the paint, Remi considered for a moment, before creating something in his palm. Releasing what it was—glitter, it turned out—into the paint, he smirked up at Ronin. "I found colour didn't matter with her so much as the sparkle-content." So saying, he picked a particularly buttery shade of yellow to begin.
Remi

Table coding by Sky, inspiration from Jae!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the dark star
"I'm a real treasure, it's true," Ronin said, tipping the other man a charming wink for his trouble. Remi's considerations about Aoife were a good point; her missed chances to figure out the things she might have liked, or disliked, or... anything really, and Ronin nodded in quiet agreement. "Yes, I suppose there is that. All we have are the memories of what might have been." But it was better than nothing at all, right?

For Ronin, the projection was a true extension of himself, so he felt no such qualms about dismissing it and summoning it at will. Besides, they had what they needed now, and he grinned as he watched Remi pour glitter into the paint. "Well said," he agreed, choosing a (now glittery) shade of cobalt blue for himself, quickly coating his palm with it and reaching out to press it to the paper Remi had summoned.

"Mine's bigger," he said with a filthy smirk.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Were they talking about anything else, Remi might have nudged Ronin right in the ribs for saying something so utterly meaningless and fanciful. Memoriers of what might have been. Only...it was all they had now.

Raising a brow at this, Remi gave his husband an entirely understanding shrug. "Ahh, such a short-man thing to say." The alchemist tutted under his breath. Only an inch taller, it was all too easy to rub that fact in.

With fingers suddenly made into feathers, Remi began to feather-stroke the paper to give it a unique texture he thought Aoife might have liked. Though based on what he and Ronin had just discussed, there was no way to know. Still, he smiled happily enough as he worked, humming under his breath.
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the dark star
"Oi!" Ronin chuckled, knowing their dance of words well enough to realise that this was the part where he good naturedly accepted his husband's taller stature. Besides, they had finger painting to do, and it was much more important than this. (Way to deflect, Ronin!)

It was true that, along with the rest of the lanter, Ronin regularly tried to paint Remi as well, but surely that was as par for the course now as it had been when Aoife had been alive? Soon enough the paper was filled with spectacular colours and handprints, and the hunter was smiling fondly as they began to put it all together.

"It's perfect," he murmured.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Looking at it, all finger and feather painted, Remi could only lean back and laugh. He sounded genuinely pleased, the sound one that only Ronin would likely ever hear. "I spent hours with my...whatever it was." He said once his laughter had faded, though his lips were still pulled into a happy grin deepening his dimples. "...I think its only saving grave would have been being so bad it might just have caught Ludo's eye for that reason alone. Though I'd probably just be cursed instead of rewarded with a vision of Aoife."

Running a hand through his curls, the muscles of his stomach happily tight from laughter, he grinned, leaning against Ronin heedless of the paint he might be transferring onto him. "But you were right. This is far, far better."
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
The sound of Remi's laughter was something altogether dreamlike for Ronin, and he wasn't ashamed in thinking so. That he could hear his husband express such joy even after everything - including these most recent chaotic events - was not something that the Dark Star would ever take for granted. Ever.

Grinning broadly, he tucked an arm around Remi and pulled him close, paint streaking from the alchemist's curls to smudge Ronin's cheek. "And now you've spent less than an hour with this and with me, and I think you look much happier for it," he murmured, pressing an affectionate kiss against his temple.

"I'm glad you think so. Aoife would have loved it - and this. And I think that's all that matters, really. Shall we take it inside?"
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"What I think I just heard you say is, Remi you can't do anything without me. Look how much happier you are for having me around." Grinning back at Ronin, Remi blushed slightly, his smile growing crooked. "And you wouldn't be wrong at all." He added more softly.

"Were she here, this would have already been shredded and she'd be eating the glitter paint." Which was just to say that Ronin was right again: she would have loved it.

"I think so." Rising and offering Ronin a paint-streaked hand.
Remi

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
"Now, I don't think that's strictly true," Ronin said, his own cheeks colouring slightly pink. "There are lots of things you can do without me. But I do prefer to be there, and the compliment is always appreciated." He blew Remi a kiss, releasing him so he could get up and grabbing his paint covered hand, hauling himself to his feet as well.

He almost said it - were she here we'd not have to be making this lantern at all - but he swallowed the traitorous thought down; times like this with Remi were too sacred. "I suppose we'll just have to add glitter paint to our meal tonight, make it authentic Aoife." He smirked, collecting up their lantern and slipping an arm around his husband's waist so they could walk back towards home.

~FIN
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN