in the dark of the night
Sunjata
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
we live in a world someone else imagined
"Being a villain can only bother you if you let it," Ronin said simply, sliding his glass away as if deciding that he really couldn't risk losing his senses any more than he already had this evening. Sunjata's smile was contagious, though, and the hunter shot him one in return. "Did she not? Well, it was all to serve a higher purpose if you think about it. You were just doing what Safrin asked of you."

Which was frankly laughable to Ronin right now, but he appreciated that Jata still had duties to fulfil. "If justice is subjective then you can only abide by your version of it, I suppose," he said, slouching back in his seat. "Thank you, for giving me a chance to talk. It's been difficult, having to... I don't know. Just pretend, for Seren."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNJATA
the flood
Honestly, Ronin’s right. And Sunjata’s not sure exactly why it bothers him, but it does. Somewhere deep within, nagging at the senses of him always trying to do the right thing and somehow fucking it up in the process. So he hums an agreement, spying Ronin’s smile at the mention of Delphia that’s reflected off of his own face. “Exactly.” Raising the glass in a small mock toast, he sets it down without taking a sip – already swimming a small amount.

It certainly does make sense that it would be what he can do, what he thinks is right. Yet as Ronin thanks him for giving him a chance to talk, he nods and finds a small slight frown crossing his face. “Well, with the whole attuned talking, we can keep it up without her knowing.” He offers with a light smirk to that. “But I really can’t imagine. I’ve never… Wanted kids, not after how shit my upbringing was. Let alone being in a situation like yours.” He sighs, sliding the glass away. “You make a good father, Ronin. Just hold onto that and fuck what Safrin thinks. You do your best with the situation she stuck on you.” A bit more of a serious look crosses his stormy gaze. “And if she has a problem with it, it’s her problem.
love will save you, but it won't save me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It was with a touch of discomfort that Ronin heard Sunjata out, his blue eyes filled with a tempest he didn't quite know how to express. "I appreciate what you're trying to say," he muttered. "I do, truly. And I will do my best with the situation I'm in. But..." Sighing deeply, he raked a hand back through his dark hair. "I wanted a large family, once - with Vanya, Aoife's mother. But she died, and Remi and Aoife were all I really cared for."

And Sunjata knew what had happened after that. "I don't want to be a father any more, Jata. I don't want any of this. If I were brave enough I'd walk off the edge of these cliffs and Mort could have me." It was a sad thing to admit, but the depression settling deeply into his bones was not so easily shaken off. It would be there, just beneath the surface, for his foreseeable forever. "So for now, I'll just take each day as it throws itself at me."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
The shift to Ronin is one that Sunjata knows all too well – and yet there’s a pool of regret filling in his stomach at having mentioned it at all. The best he can do right now is give Ronin his full attention as he continues on, mulling it over. “I get it.” He says with a nod, understanding as the tones go deeper and deeper. “It’s… Well, not sugarcoating anything. I’ve been there. Far more times than I’d like to count.” Muscles feathering in his jaw and he swallows hard.

You do the best you can, Ronin. I’ve often been told to think of other people.” He snorts and shakes his head. “So you deal with the bullshit for Seren, for Remi, burn and break when you need to and keep going. What else is there to do?” Life here was full of shit surprises and he was already over it all, only to watch as more gets flung in the way. “Life sucks and you can try to fix it and change it but it never works.” He thinks of all of his mistakes, everything he’s ever done, how it had never truly mattered anyway. "Or you can try my shitty way of dealing with it and band-aiding the problems you have until a demigoddess threatens you with death if you don't deal with it." A shrug and a hollow laugh soon added.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Glancing up as Sunjata spoke, Ronin realised with a pang of guilt that the guildmaster was just as far down this rabbit hole as he was. He let out a huff of breath and sat himself up, a sad smile on his face as he heard the other man out. "There is nothing else to do," he agreed quietly with a nod. "With respect, I think I am already trying your shitty way of dealing with things. I was threatened with worse than death for defying Safrin again. The Temple was my first strike." He laughed; a gruff and humourless sound.

But what Jata had said did help, and Ronin rubbed at his tired eyes. "Think of other people," he repeated, slowly and quietly. "I suppose I should arrange for Remi to come up here, in that case." Getting to his feet, he nodded solemnly to Sunjata. "Want to walk down to the beach with me?"
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
A huff of a laugh, hollow and quiet is given toward Ronin. “How many strikes do you get?” A raise of his brow to that in question, before moving to stand and join Ronin as he continues. “It helps. Doesn’t mean I follow it exactly depending on how bad I spiral, but it’s there.” Another mirthless smile that crosses his face before nodding to Ronin.

Sounds like a plan to me.” He agrees, downing the rest of the glass and moving to let Ronin lead the way – content to close up the house behind them and start the walk toward the crashing waves below. The stars overhead, however, feel somewhat mocking at this point with all the information he’s received and he reaches over to rub at the tattoo that covers his one arm. “I always wanted a place by the sea, you know.” A quiet pause. “At least one thing went right.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I don't know, but the implication was that this is my last one. So... however many I've had that I didn't realise I was breaking." Ronin shrugged honestly, leading them out into the blustery night. At least it wasn't raining any more, and the Dark Star pushed his hands into his pockets as they strolled towards the beach. They were in this club, all of them - Remi, Sunjata, Ronin - of trying to justify their existence. Trying to fend off the black dog at their heels. Maybe somehow they could pull through it together.

Or maybe Ronin was just being stupid. "Same." He glanced at the guildmaster. "Vanya was a sailor. I always saw us living near the sea, with this huge family. But..." He scowled, trying to word it right. "Even though that didn't happen, I found something even more with Remi. I can't really describe it." He smiled across at Jata. "I hope you can get that kind of peace, whether it's alone or with someone else."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Hmm.” Sunjata responds easily, a cool wind flickering up toward them straight from the sea. He doesn’t know what else to add to that, wondering if he’s gathered any strikes (probably, due to his stupidity in certain situations shrines) before the thought dies off as Ronin explains his own dreams of a similar home. His gaze remains on the sea for a brief moment, before it turns to focus on the hunter as he confesses he hopes that Sunjata might find something like that.

There’s a hollow laugh that leaves his throat to that as he shakes his head. “I’m not good at being alone, honestly.” Apparently it’s honest hour tonight while the moon peaks behind drifting clouds. “I thought I had it once with Lusea. But when we were captured in Korofi… Well, that’s when they murdered her the first time. Three years later and I get dumped here just as I’m getting over it. Think, hey, this is fine. Nobody knows who I am. Stick with Phoebe and nobody would question anything.” Lip curls to that. “Then she’s back, walking into my life. My one.” A soulmate in every sense of the word. “And the blight happens, and despite all the fucking years I was loyal to Luci… All it took was the blight and a breakdown and I was cheating on her. Only to have her die a month or two after.” He reaches up to run a hand through his hair.

The whole wedding thing was a sham. Thought I found something with Maea but it moved too quick and I panicked. And now that’s gone.” A shrug of his shoulders as his gaze finds the sky again. “I don’t think it’s something I’m going to get. I have a wonderful habit of fucking my life up, in case you didn’t already know.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
The moon was a worthwhile companion, Ronin walking in its pale light down to the beach and listening quietly as Sunjata explained his own situation. He gave a somewhat enigmatic smile. "It sounds to me more like you have a habit of being too hard on yourself and blaming yourself for decisions that two people contributed to." He ran a hand through his hair. "Three years is a long time of grief, changes, becoming a different person. Don't beat yourself up because you and Lusea weren't perfect for each other all over again. I don't know that I could pick things up with Vanya if she were alive again."

And wasn't that the honest truth. The decisions he had made, the man he had become - and Remi, most important of all. There was no way. "Well," he said through a sigh, "even if you don't get it again - your one - you can at least enjoy not being alone. Guilt free." He winked.
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Something Ronin says actually kind of rebounds with the Flood. The idea that… Despite how things were and how great it had been for that time, that perhaps they just didn’t meld anymore. Perhaps he’d gotten too soft or driven in the wrong way where their compatibility hadn’t aligned when she’d returned… It sparks some sort of clarity deep within that he pauses briefly in step, shoving his hands down into his pockets as he huffs a quiet sigh that sounds something like a weak attempt at a laugh. “I guess that’s true.” He offers unhelpfully, lips pursing briefly before his head lifts to look back toward Ronin.

A brow raises, some small part of the self-sorrow beginning to filter away and flicker and depart. “With as much as you both jest about it, I’m beginning to think you’re serious.” There’s a light chuckle that leaves his throat, a shake of his head.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin glanced over his shoulder as he realised Sunjata had paused, but by that point the other man was already moving on again and he fell into step with him once more. "Truer than you think, sometimes," he echoed; a subtle way of letting Sunjata put that matter to bed. Besides, there was something altogether more confusing going on here. A joke, apparently, and the Dark Star's brow rose in return as the guildmaster spoke, though he didn't quite know what they were laughing about.

"Sorry?" He smiled, assuming 'you both' meant Remi. "Jest about... what, exactly?"
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Sunjata’s quick to fall into step beside Ronin again, and with the gentle echo from the hunter, he finds some sort of relief with the idea. That perhaps… Maybe, despite having spent most of his adult life imagining them fitting together like perfect puzzle pieces as they once had been, perhaps they didn’t quite fit together anymore. Not like it mattered much, considering she’s gone. Again.

So the confusion that crosses the hunter is a bit more of a welcome distraction, head tilting back toward Ronin as they walk, some sort of amusement lingering in the panes of his face that fades when he realizes, perhaps, Ronin isn’t quite in on the joke. “About us.” He tries to emphasis, somewhat growing awkward in the explanation. “Y’know,” holy shit this is far more awkward than he anticipates. “Sleeping together...?” An awkward laugh leaves his throat as he looks over along the crashing waves. "I just assumed it was some ongoing joke between the two of you."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
All thoughts about their serious conversation were completely discarded at this point, and Ronin looked a mix between confused and devilishly amused as he heard the other man stumble out his explanation. He snorted, in fact, as it all finally tumbled out, Ronin kicking up sand as they walked and arching an eyebrow across at Sunjata.

"It sounds like an ongoing joke between the two of you," he said with a chuckle. "It's true that Remi and I poke fun at just about everything, and you have been the subject of conversation in the past. Given how tall and handsome you are." He elbowed Jata in the ribs playfully. "Has my husband been trying to set me up with you, I wonder?" It would be funnier if not for the currently dire situation with the whole Seren thing.
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
At least… It’s not quite so awkward when Ronin snorts in response, kicking up sand and Sunjata can’t help the slight flush of amusement and perhaps back handed embarrassment that coats his neck with a slight flush of feathers. Ronin’s response causes another awkward chuckle to leave Sunjata, a hand raised to brush through dark wavy hair as he shakes his head.

Hardly any room to reply though when Ronin’s elbow comes careening into his side, and he bounces away with a louder bit of laughter, an exasperated roll of his eyes after as he stares at Ronin. “He might have eluded to a thing once or twice.” He offers with a playful wink, shuffling his feet a small amount in the sand before he continues to walk – this time a bit deeper into the sands where its still somewhat damp beneath his feet. “Might be worth mentioning to see what his side of the story is.” And gods how he hopes he's not around for that, though an amused smirk at the thought crosses his face.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3