times they are achangin'
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Tell me little dear if you've only lived here,
have you ever really lived at all?

When Letha held out her hand she would indeed feel Sam, as real and solid as if he was still visible before her; with a soft laugh he slowly faded himself back in again, not minding the touch from one of his family just learning about herself and her people. "You...don't have to do anything in specific. Just help the Voice with what she asks us, which is usually exploring for her or finding things, stay faithful, and it'll happen."

Since she'd been so amazed with his one ability, he found himself wanting to show off a little bit. "Recently I received a very special power indeed from The Voice, though I haven't found much cause to use it so far." From his pocket he pulled out a piece of paper he'd written his last shopping list on and ripped it in the middle, to where it was almost in two. Then quickly he laid his fingers on it and the tear mended itself, the book stitching itself back together until it appeared the same as it had been. "...It only works on smaller items, but having the ability to change time...it's.." Sam let out an amazed sigh, still reeling from this particular power.

Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 11 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
She can't see the landscape anymore
It's all painted in her grief
All of her history etched out at her feet

"And, it's just because she loves us?" She let out a soft, breathy laugh. Letha was no stranger to having gods active in her life, even if she couldn't remember it. Her uncle was a demi-god, in fact, but had met his demise too early for being too brave. Still, Letha couldn't remember that. "I would like to meet this Voice." she said. She was, so far, totally in awe of this goddess and all that she had done for her people.

She scooted closer some to Samuel, shifting her whole body on the boulder. She pulled her knees in tight, resting her chin on them. She watched as Samuel ripped and repaired the paper. The wonder and awe in his own voice was enough for Letha to keep smiling, keep wondering about the Voice. "Do you get to choose your gifts from her?" she asked, shifting blue eyes up to Samuel's.

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Samuel

"Yes. She made us like we are and she loves us. We are her disciples to make her new world." Sam said excitedly, the smile on his face so genuine his words couldn't be taken as anything but fervently believed. "I could take you whenever you'd like - there's several shrines we could go to. My favourite is in the underground tunnels beneath the ruins, but there's a few in easier places to get to....but have you got somewhere to stay yet??" He didn't want to run before they could walk.

Letha seemed to be getting more comfortable with him and he was glad, not wanting to ruin her introduction to the Ascended by being accidentally awkward. "Well...no, not quite, but our gifts tend to be related to our specific personalities or things we do...for example, people who might do much more fighting than I have more attack-focused abilities."

Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Letha could feel the radiant love and admiration that Samuel had for the Voice. It poured from every fiber of him as they spoke. She could not help but remember Seren, though, in this moment. The girl was adamant that the Voice was bad, as her mother, another goddess, had instructed her. The Voice wanted to spread the Ascended out over the world, according to Samuel, and the disparity between the gods became slightly clearer to the woman.

Like Amun, he offered to take her to meet the Voice. She nodded. "I would like that very much." She shifted her weight some as he asked his question about having a place to stay. "I stayed briefly with Amun in his studio, but I don't have anything permanent yet."

Letha wondered what kind of upgrades the Voice might give her, in the future. She did not expect anything now, being a newcomer to this world, a new creation of the goddess. She was merely the daughter of crafters, a woman with busy hands and a fear of others expectations--what possibly could she have to offer? "I don't know what my place is in all of this." The thought slipped from her lips before she could contain it, and it felt bitter and misplaced in this moment.

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel

"Well, whenever you feel ready, you need only ask." Sam smiled, excited to take a new family member to their Goddess: Admittedly partially for selfish reasons, hoping that being the one to deliver to the Voice a new Ascended might garner him some favour, but also genuinely happy for Letha to be meeting their maker.

As for where she might stay.. "If you're in need of somewhere, there are plenty of empty houses in the domiciles where you could stay, or there is the old manor. I believe there's some rooms in there." Not that he'd want to stay in the Launceleyn manor, but he supposed if there was no other choice, it at least had beds and a roof over your head.

Letha's next words were more vulnerable and Sam paused for a moment, slowing his thoughts of what to tell her about the Voice next. Of course, she had only just arrived: he supposed it would all be very overwhelming. "...Well, you don't need to know just yet. I've only worked it out in the last couple of years really, and I still struggle with things. For now, maybe you should focus on getting yourself situated with a house and a profession."

Letha Úlfurdur

Change author:

She smiled, thankful for the kindness and willingness to educate her. She knew there were lots of abandoned homes in the domiciles, because she had passed them on the way to Amun's shop. The idea of moving into a home that one day had belonged to someone else, who might (and most likely) met an untimely demise made her stomach turn. However, Letha decided it was just the way things were here, because of the ease of which Samuel spoke about it.

She nodded along with him, agreeing. She wondered if she could help Amun in his pottery shop, or even learn something new and open her own shop. Maybe she could be like her mother. No, she could never be as talented as Ranjiri. She sighed, but the sadness behind it was not for Samuel. "That sounds like a good plan." She shifted her weight, and scooted forward off of the rock they had been resting on. "It was nice to meet you, Sam." She smiled some, but the sadness of thinking of her mother did not leave her ocean eyes.

Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel

Sam hadn't even considered that mentioning the empty houses could make Letha feel anything but happy for the opportunity to have somewhere to live; it was a simple fact of life in the Hollowed Grounds that they existed among the ghosts of the many there who had not been lucky enough to stay in their homes.

Letha got up to leave and he smiled and nodded, planning to sit on the rock and watch the sky for a little longer himself. "You're welcome. If you need anything, you can find me at my shop most days - It's called 'Wordsworth Books', in the settlement." With that he waved her goodbye, watching her leave and wondering if she would become a treasured member of the Ascended family.

{FIN}