life is sweet here
open
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
At Saiden's question, the girl put her hands over the mouth to hide a giggle, then pointed at Sunjata, to imply him as the grand master of sneakyness. Then she rushed off after Haai.

It didn't take much looking to find the wolf-bird, as the companion had already turned and booped the girl right back. Alas, there wasn't much to gain from her eavesdropping either, other than a continued sense that the name she heard was important. She was torn between the decision to go back to the kitchen, or to let herself be further distracted by her designated playmate, when she was taken off guard by a rush of wings.

The squawk of the blue bird startled the girl, but after a moment of paralyzed stillness, she brigthened into an expression of wide-eyed exultation, and she whooped happily, reaching up her little hands for the bird. It was bigger than her by far, yet she was completely unafraid as she tried to reach it. And why would she be? It was just Sunjata.

"Uncle Saiden, look!" she called, urging the other man in to come watch this new game of tag.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just take your time wherever you go
Saiden nodded at Sunjata's offer. "Will do." Frankly, the cook wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to get what was essentially a free favor.

His eyes were drawn to the other room by the antics of Seren and the griffin. Of course, the other man's shift was a bit of a surprise as well. The Hali smiled as the three all played together. At the girl's call, he rose from his chair. "I see it!"

Then he darted forward to try and scoop the child up. "Come on, let's catch him together!" Assuming Seren was alright with it, he would lift her into the air so she could more easily reach for Sunjata.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNjATA
the flood
Sunjata, of course, can’t help it but to swoop over the girl – before diving up as she calls for Saiden, flitting around the ceiling of the room they found themselves in while the pirate comes close and tries to lift up to reach him while his dark navy body moves easily in the space provided by the living room. But they don’t quite catch him, not yet anyway.

A crow of triumph is granted back to them before he moves up into the rafters, perching and peering his head down from under a beam to blink at the two of them with quite some amusement. Then, when he thinks that perhaps they aren’t quite as prepared, he drops from the rafters again to dive toward the kitchen.
fall into your blue
fighting it is hopeless
sinking in your ocean
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren
Seren squealed in delight at the bird when it swooped over her, and again as Saiden scooped her up and held her high. She was all the way up in the ceiling like this, but alas, her little arms were too short to quite reach Sunjata.

However, Seren did have a nasty little trick up her sleeve. So when she saw him come swooping again, she narrowed her eyes on him - almost as blue as his own feathers - and let loose a pulse of gravity aimed towards him when he was at his closest. It was quite instinctual, and just like last time, he would feel how the gravity suddenly bore  down on him with relentless force.

"Hurry hurry!" Seren urged her uncle, and reached out again to try and catch the bird into  a gentle - oh, so gentle - embrace, in case he fell. Flapping wings, sharp talons, beak and all.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Saiden grinned as Seren swooped around and Seren squealed. Although the cook wasn't that strong (the muscles were more for vanity than for strength), he was able to lift her easily enough. He held her up towards the rafters, though he was careful not to let her get too close and bump her head.

Of course, he wasn't prepared for the other man's dive. The demi-god, however, was. At her urging, the Hali darted forward. "Get him!" To him, it just seemed like Sunjata was swooping down, as Saiden couldn't feel the pulse. He held her out towards the path of the bird, hoping her instinctual love of life, and the other man's instincts, wouldn't have this end in disaster.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Saiden might not be able to feel it, but soon enough as Sunjata’s diving toward the girl, he can feel the shift in the air around him, in the gravity he’s so used to dealing with in this shift begin to move and he begins to tumble down – losing all sense of steam and momentum, wings wrapping around him as he begins to descend toward the floor.

And fall he does, landing briefly in a heap of strewn feathers – a few navy plumes falling off of him and fluttering toward the ground as he lands uncomfortably within the arms, shifting and wiggling to get loose again to shift back into himself to plant his feet on the floor.
fall into your blue
fighting it is hopeless
sinking in your ocean
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She caught him, she caught him! It was all a flutter of feathers and struggling wings, but Seren didn't really have time to consider the fact that it might be mildly terrifying for the poor man to be trapped like this. Her little arms were oh, so gentle as she held the bird, and her laughter was silvery and sweet at the delightful feel of velvet feathers under her hands, against her cheeks.

"I love you!" she gushed spontaneuosly to the struggling Flood, with all the honesty her little heart possessed... Then she let him go, so he could fly down to the ground. Or shift, or do whatever. Save himself, probably.

Overflowing with the soft, warm emotion, Seren twisted in Saiden's grip, and reached out to clasp her arms around his neck, so she could hug him too. "I like you too!" she told him, adoringly... if perhaps not quite as involved as with Sunjata. Gosh, they'd only just met after all.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Thankfully everything ended well, with only Sunjata's pride bruised, and nothing else (the Hali hoped, at least). Seren released the other man, and Saiden laughed along with her. He hugged her back too. "I like you too." Lowering the girl to the ground, he set her down gently.

Glancing at Sunjata, the cook gave the other man a careful smile. "But I would bet Sunjata has plans for the rest of the day, and I've intruded for long enough." Kneeling down, the Hali smiled at the girl. "I don't want to impose on him too long. But I'll come visit you another time, if it's okay with your dad."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Oh, it’s not exactly fun to be trapped like this. But he knows that he could also hurt her with the sharp talons at his feet, the sharp edge to his beak, that he stills momentarily as she squeezes him and holds him, little hands a small cage for someone such as him. She tells him she loves him and he croons some sort of protest to it, a squawk of sorts, before he’s let go and able to shift to himself – running a hand through his hair as he works to catch his breath.

His gaze lifts to Saiden then, a small nod, before his attention turns to Seren briefly. “And I think you have some things to do for your father.” A raise of his brow though there’s the ghost of a smile crossing his face to that. His gaze flickers up toward Saiden again. “You’ll know where to find us.” He offers quietly, making room for Saiden to depart.
fall into your blue
fighting it is hopeless
sinking in your ocean
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The girl made a cooing sound, pleased with the reciprocation of her affection. Only reluctantly did she return to her own feet, blissfully unaware of how traumatizing her love might be - especially when it became this hands on - and pouted a little when they both agreed that playtime was over.

But they were smiling, so everything felt alright. And really, all the turmoil of emotions and games had left her quite drained, even though it might take a while for her agitated mind to fully catch on to it.

"Okay," she sighed, in gentle defeat. "I will ask daddy," she told to Uncle Saiden, with the bright eagerness of someone who looked forward to another playdate.

Then she held out her arms towards Sunjata, this time actually asking for a hug. "Thank you for helping today," she said, polite as she could manage,and the way she smiled was the same as always. Sweet, trusting, fiercely admiring... and it remained, whether she got her hug or not.

Just because everyone else was afraid of germs and whiskey breath didn't mean she was. So there!
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Glancing up at Sunjata, Saiden nodded. "That I do." Smiling, he returned his attention to Seren. "I'm looking forward to seeing you again." With that, he rose to his feet. Giving both of them a wave, the cook turned to go, clearly satisfied that the demi-god was in good hands here.

He kept smiling as he walked out of the home. As soon as he exited, though, his expression grew more than a bit wistful. He couldn't help but imagine what it would've been like to have spent that time with his actual niece, who'd been taken from them too soon. Still, he would be there for Seren, if she needed it.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He remains quiet while Seren and Saiden hash out their thoughts, gaze flickering between girl and pirate, and when Seren turns to him with her arms outstretched – he sighs quietly before kneeling to give the girl a small hug before moving to stand as Saiden leaves, bidding the man a goodbye as he walks out of the home. Sunjata, meanwhile, turns to focus on Seren. “Now I think there’s some of those flowers you like so much in the back, do you want to make something nice for your father and Remi?

Saying so, he reaches for some blank books – perhaps to dry the flowers and press them.
fall into your blue
fighting it is hopeless
sinking in your ocean
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She got the hug. Brief but oh, it was good enough for her. And it was a beaming little girl that saw Saiden off, waving and cheerful. "Me too! Bye bye!"

Once he was no longer in sight, she turned back to Sunjata and nodded eager approval of this idea. "Yeah, that sounds fun!" She could pick flowers for days if allowed, and it was sure to keep her occupied until Father came back home. Humming happily she skipped after her designated best friend, content with the outcome of the day.

--------
-Fin