at death's door
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
if it doesn't burn a little
She might not have minded smug. He had some right to be smug, honestly. An Outlander healer who was better than any Halovian Natural. More importantly, she’d actually admitted it, even if she’d pretended to be joking. Still, it’s a real comment, coming from her. Not that she wasn’t thankful for the healers that had saved her life, but it might have been nice to not nearly die in the process.

Weaver follows his gaze around the room. Maea did not have that much in here, but the room certainly feels empty without her in it. ”These rooms kind of suck,” she mutters. Not that she expects much more from a dorm room in a school, but she finds herself strangely thankful she doesn’t have to live in one. Still, she wishes Maea were still in this one, imagining them sitting beside the fire and talking about boys together.

She removes her hand after a moment, chuckling slightly. ”We did sort of ransack the place, to be fair.” Not quite as bad as that wind had though, and with a slight sigh, Weaver begins to help him clean up the mess. It would be wrong to leave it like that, even if Maea would not be here again.

-- weaver

then what's the point in playing with fire?
Photo by Allef Vinicius | Quote by Bridgett Devoue
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Thankfully, Weaver let Loren boast without commenting on it. When she instead chose to complain about the rooms at the Academy, she actually startled a laugh from him. "You're welcome to go complain to Zariah." The wry tone in his voice and the knowing expression on his features indicated that he knew full well she was going to do nothing of the sort.

"We did not ransack it, we liberated some belongings." He flashed her a quick and grateful smile as she joined him in tidying up. Still, she'd been right earlier about the room kind of sucking, and that included how small and cramped it was. It didn't take long to set it mostly back to how it had been before.
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
A laugh burts out of Weaver at that. Though their last meeting had actually been, shockingly, okay, she cannot imagine broaching that subject with Zariah. ”Oh yes, I can just imagine how that conversation would go. I am not certain I would leave it with my life intact.” She shakes her head. ”Besides, I don’t have to sleep in them.” Though Maea had. She’d slept right here, in this small room with her few possessions. Though she’d had another room, a bed to share, in somewhere warmer.

”That is one way to put it,” she says, setting a book back into the bookcase. She looks around, finding that the room is back in order, things largely in place, at least as best as she can remember. ”I don’t think there is anything left for us to do here,” she says softly.

-- weaver

the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren grinned unapologetically and mercilessly at Weaver. "Good thing you know where the infirmary is. Plus, if Zariah gets uppity I'm pretty sure I can crush her in a straight up fight these days." For all his cousin's much vaunted pride and her title, she hadn't been out and about much and her skills were likely rusty.

Looking around the room as well, he nodded at the barkeep's assessment. "Me neither." Heading towards the door, the belongings he was taking with him cradled carefully in his arms, he paused with his hand on the doorknob. Glancing back one last time, he smiled. "Goodbye, Maea. May you burn brightly."

Then he let the swing shut behind him with a note of finality.
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
She chuckles, giving him an appraising glance and a nod. ”I don’t actually know what she’s capable of, which was half our fight. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if you could.” Still, Zariah had actually considered Weaver’s advice, ending the conversation with the comment that her door was always open to Weaver. It left her...well, curious. And maybe just a bit unsettled. What might happen, if she walked that path?

Weaver checks her pockets for the letter, the book, and the amulet. Finding them all nestled snugly inside, she follows Loren to the door. ”See you on the other side, friend,” she adds, the fire flaring in the fireplace one last time before going out. The room is plunged into shadows and cold as the door swings shut behind them.

(finished)

-- weaver