time heals everything
For Korbin
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
As Korbin bristled, Loren felt the tension drain out of him. Biting his lip, he forced himself to take a deep breath. "I help everyone I can too." It came out much quieter and in a much less antagonistic tone.

However, his annoyance flooded him again as the younger man refused to take the kits. ”Seriously?!” The healer let out an exasperated sigh, suddenly tired of playing this game. ”You accuse me of not pulling my weight then don't accept what I have to offer? It's not charity, it's me helping the community." Waving the bags, he narrowed his eyes at Korbin.

Then the Launceleyn huffed out some air. "Fine. What do I have to do to prove myself to you?" He tilted his head to one side at her regarded the younger man cooly.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
And round about his home the glory
That blushed and bloomed,
Muscles feathered in the young man's jaw as he stared at Loren. Straightening up, he was quite a bit taller than the other man, and the many layers of clothing he wore added quite the bulky illusion to his lean frame.

"You think you're actually part of the community?" He snorted."Did you ever consider that we don't want your help? Or need it? The arrogance of you outlanders is astounding. You come here, take one look at Halo and its people and decide for yourself that it is not good enough, and without considering the consequences you begin to change things. You stay cooped up in the Palace and think you know anything about us, as if you have any idea what it means to live here."

He shook his head, disgusted. It wasn't just Loren, this thoughtless contempt for the people and his homeland seemed a shared trait in all the outlanders he had met or heard telling of.

"You ask me that, but do you really mean it? Do you have any intention of staying in Halo, fighting for it? Or are you going to run off to some sunlit beach when Deepfrost comes, just like all the other outlanders?" It was clear from his tone that this was exactly what Korbin expected of him.
Is but a dim-remembered story
Of the old time entombed.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
As Korbin straightened up to his full height, Loren just raised his eyebrows. When the younger man grew angry, though, the healer glanced around. "I don't seem to be in the Palace now, do I?" It came out in a slightly amused tone, though that slipped away soon enough.

Putting the medical kits away, he crossed his arms. "I have every intention of staying in Halo and fighting for it." His voice came out firmly on that and he met the other man's gaze squarely. "So yes. I am asking you what I need to do to prove myself to you and the community. And what you want." The Launceleyn pressed his lips together. "Besides me leaving, that is."
Families are like that—
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
KORBIN
A dark eyebrow rose in sardonic amusement. "It's still the first time I even see your face around here," he pointed out. "So you plan to stay in Halo? Then how about you stay in Halo. If you really care to help, then take your healing to where it's needed. Out there." He pointed a thumb towards the towering city walls, and the wild tundra beyond. "Those who make it back from the wild are those who would survive anyway. They won't go to the Palace, why would they bother?"

Frankly, it was amusing that this fellow even bothered to get Korbin's approval. He was a local, sure, but hardly anyone of any status. Well known, perhaps, and ready to help anyone who needed it, but no artisan, or warrior, or hunter worth the name. If Loren really knew this place, he would realize that. But that he didn't only proved Korbin's point, in his own eyes.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Loren snorted at Korbin's claim. "Then you haven't been around here much." Still, the healer nodded in acknowledgement of the other man's point.

However, the Launceleyn's brow furrowed as Korbin pointed out that the real issues was hunters getting injured out in the Tundra. "I know that." Loren shook his head sadly. "But I'm only one person. I can't cover all of the Tundra on my own." Although he was taking the concern seriously, it wasn't the solution to the problem.

Gently, he retrieved the medical kits from earlier. "I'm working on training people and setting up outposts along the road so that people have a better chance receiving care where and when they need it. Of surviving. It's why I'm trying to distribute these kits."
Families are like that—
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
KORBIN
Korbin rolled his eyes to that. "Believe whatever you wish," he said with feigned amusement. He was at the market more or less every day, and when he wasn't, it was because he was busy pitching in elsewhere. Possibly they had simply walked past each other up until now, but it didn't matter if that really was the case. He still didn't know this person, beyond the rumors that circulated, and they weren't necessarily kind.

To Loren's points he merely shrugged. "Neither are my problem," he said. "I don't know if you noticed, but I don't really care what you do. And since you haven't actually asked anyone for help..." He held up his hands in a nonchalant shrug, and turned, once more, to leave.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Pressing his lips together, Loren finally forced himself to take a deep breath. Letting it out, he reminded himself that Korbin was young, and seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. Other natives of Halo had been suspicious, and the healer had won them over eventually. All that helped him simply let the other man's comment go.

As Korbin turned to go, the Launceleyn let him. There didn't seem to be anything he could do to convince the other man right now that Loren had good intentions and good ideas. Tucking the medical kits in his bag, he turned to make his way to the Kraai. He'd drop off the kits for Weaver, along with an explanation for what they were and how to use them, and an offer for training in basic medical techniques if she needed it.

No mention of her dick of a brother though.
Families are like that—
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
KORBIN
He half expected the man to stop him again. To keep talking, keep pushing the matter. But he left unchallenged, and as Korbin turned down a different street, his shoulders relaxed. Tension draining away a bit more with every step.

Sighing, he dragged a hand over the face. Weaver would skin him for an outburst like that. He was startled by the intensity of his own reactions, by the way these Outlanders kept getting under his skin. It wasn't something he was very proud of... but not knowing what to do about it, the youth shrugged and tried to put it out of his mind for now.

------
-FIN