Pendant Associates
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
"In your sleep? That sounds much more... dreamlike than many of the other journeys I've heard. I don't blame you for thinking that way..." If it weren't for the fact that Ronin knew of people capable of creating portals (having stepped through one to get to his last home) then he would have considered this whole thing some mad nightmare, too. Alas, there was so much evidence to the contrary, and they had been here for so long, it did not seem likely.

He flashed Bastien a crooked smile at his lamentations, tipping his glass in a toast and sipping at his drink. "Whatever made you important in this Venice, there is no reason why you cannot make yourself even more of a name here. It might just be humble in origins." And weren't some of the most legendary people from the humblest of origins? Ronin had read that in a book once, he thought. He nodded in agreement; yes, at least there were Goddesses though, no matter what else.

"Hm? Oh, I'm the guildmaster for the Bounty Hunters Guild out in the Settlement." His smile turned a touch sheepish; it was still a very different introduction to what he was used to. "Where I was from, I was a military captain. But believe me when I say this is more to my tastes."
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST
HEALING HAS TO BEGIN IN THE PAST

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Oh, believe me. I intend to be important here." Bastien had never had any doubts he would make himself big no matter where he was. He was someone who just knew he was the main character in his own story, knew greater things were waiting ahead - even if it was significantly less obvious to anyone else. Thinking of his plans, he passed a hand over the pendant on his chest.

Hearing there was a guild for Bounty Hunters was a bit of a shock. Bastien was surprised there were enough people here for it to be needed, that personal scores weren't just settled by yourself with a knife and a dark corner. It wasn't as if there was an official law to break. But these things marked a kind of progress he supposed, if a gruesome one.

"Ah. So how is business? How many outlaws are there here? Or do you just hunt monsters? And...there is no money here. How are you paid?" He found the questions kept coming once he'd thought of them. "What is your criteria for entry? I have not seen any guards or fighters here, just people who claim to have been soldiers." Not that he was asking for himself; he could not think of anything worse than doing the dirty work of murder for someone else.

Bastien
I am the remedy to your heart

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Bastien's confidence and motivation was refreshing to Ronin, the ex-captain grinning and nodding as he watched the other man. "When you are important, I'll be sure to tell people I knew you back when you were a bartender." He chuckled, his tone light and jovial. Another sip of ale brought Ronin near to the end of his drink; after this, he promised himself he would head home. Gone were the days where he could sit and gamble in the comfort of a tavern until the sky lightened to dawn - he had a lady at home waiting for him, and he was not planning to disappoint her.

His fellow pendant-bearer's questions brought another smile to Ronin's lips, and he heard him out dutifully before he formed an answer, running a finger around the rim of his mug. "It's just monsters for now," he confirmed with a nod. "This place is full of strange creatures, and as you can imagine not all of them are friendly. Some are dangerous, but others are just a downright nuisance." He shrugged his shoulders.

"There isn't any money but we are always in need of food, supplies and other amenities. So we accept trade instead of pay right now." Luckily it was a familiar system for Ronin, who had come from a place with a strict rationing system and no coin. "There is a notice board in the foyer of the guildhall, where people may place jobs. Or they might just ask us. As for criteria, willing and able are always a good start. Having a weapon helps, too. Otherwise things are quite lax, at least for now." It was a new venture, after all.
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST
HEALING HAS TO BEGIN IN THE PAST

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Ronin's answers to his questions were satisfying enough that Bastien believed that such a guild was necessary, and that Ronin was the man to be running it. He wondered if he'd see any of the monsters he spoke of; he hoped not. He was aware that he was no fighter, and he had moral qualms about killing any beast - practical or not.

"I wish you luck, then. Have you many members already? They are of course all welcome here for a drink, but who isn't?" He smiled and shrugged, taking a sip from his mug. "They may get whisked up into being hired if they show up here, though."

A flux of customers came to the bar - Bastien found himself too busy to talk quickly, having to spend his time serving drinks (and performing tricks) for the new crowd. By the time they had passed and it was close to closing time, he wanted to go home and sleep. The bed at his domicile was shabby and thin, no match to the lush feather mattress he'd had in Venice, but it was singing siren songs to him at the moment.

As he left the bar he stroked his thumb over his pendant, unsure of whether he was still jealous or not. In some ways it had knocked his confidence to learn of Ronin, to know he wasn't some chosen one, but in others it was good to have comrades of all sorts. Overall, he supposed he wasn't too angry about it. He was still learning the ways of these Gods, and he had to let himself learn without bias.

He went to sleep with a loose fist around his pendant, slipping into a dreamless sleep after an hour of thinking it all over.

Bastien
I am the remedy to your heart