people watching (OPEN)
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
She had an immense curiosity about life
With Loren promising to deliver her message, Delta offers him a grin. "Perfect, I know that we will be very happy if you make sure to respect our waters. Everything that falls into the water will eventually end up with us, whether we like it or not." The last part was far more serious, in which she did stop smiling. It was a final note, hoping that the idea would stick in Loren's mind. While Delta loved discovering the treasuries lost overboard, she also disliked the idea of bad things entering the ocean. If these leg-walkers could lose a ring, then surely they could lose far more sinister items as well.

As the hybrid nestled in along the rocks, Delta heard something she had no recognition of. "I have-" Cutting herself off, Delta realized it could be bad if she was completely unaware. "How about you tell me a lot about the Voice.... who they are and what you know." Ah yes. Delta totally knows stuff, Loren should just tell her everything that he knows... yep.

Whoever it was, it sounded powerful. To be known by a phrase, not even a proper name.
and was constantly staring and wondering
DELTA
base by skylark
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
As Delta explained further how important it was to protect the waters, Loren nodded without hesitation. "I understand. And I will make sure to tell everyone I can." His voice was both firm and polite on that point.

Sighing, he shook his head. "The Voice is a goddess. One that took the power granted to her by the old gods and used it to seize more power, until she ascended to godhood herself. In the process, she created a new race of beings called the Ascended." Despite the slightly concerned expression on his face, his words were spoken in a matter of fact and businesslike tone.
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
With that settled, Delta was happy to move on to a new conversation. This human was smart and didn't try to argue back and hopefully, he was also a man of his word. Otherwise? Well... she did have water powers so...

Anyways!

There were many perplexing things that this man chose to say. Delta was clearly confused and already not a fan of this Voice. Scrunching up her nose, she gave him a very strange look. She became a god? How did she do such a thing? I didn't think that was possible. Nor was it a good thing, in her eyes. What did she do to the Old Gods? How did they allow her to have such abilities? I didn't think they could do something like that. It was a troubling thought, to say the least. One that left her with far too many questions. Is the Voice good?
DELTA
base by skylark
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Shrugging, Loren pushed the damp strands of his hair off of his forehead. The rocks weren't exactly the most comfortable perch, it turned out. So he shifted his weight awkwardly as he tried to find a position where one didn't dig into him.

Only then did he respond to Delta in a quiet voice. "I don't know. You'd be better off asking those with more knowledge of the gods." Biting his lip, he gave Delta an apologetic look. "Though no one knows the answer for sure." He sounded quite firm on that point.

His expression grew even more serious when she asked whether the Voice was good. "I don't think any of the gods, either old or new, can be characterized as good or evil. At least as we mortals understand those concepts." Giving her a pointed look, he ran a hand through his hair again. "However, her actions have brought harm to many. But then again, so have the actions of the old gods." Voice trailing off, he rubbed an awkward palm against his thigh.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
At first, Loren was very helpful and was mostly able to answer all her questions, but steadily, his answers changed. From clear cut and straight forward, Loren switched to a different sort. Filled with uncertainty and a clear lack of knowledge. It didn't exactly make Delta mad, more annoyed with the idea that there wasn't a clear answer. Why couldn't this just be simple?

She understood that the gods weren't necessarily good or evil, but one could for sure lead towards one or the other. The old gods were good... but this new and unfamiliar one? So far, she hadn't done a single good thing to anyone else but herself. Letting out a huff, Delta finally responded. "I understand why you don't know much... I guess it's in my best interest to seek out a priest or priestess... yes?" Surely, they had those. That sort of human seemed most likely to answer all of her questions concerning the Voice.

Even if she could ask questions, there was still a wariness. "Do... do you personally think that the Voice is bad? Or dangerous?"
DELTA
base by skylark
the Firebrand

Change author:
Blinking in surprise and confusion, Loren frowned a bit. "You mean a priest of the Voice?" Drumming his fingers on his thigh, he shrugged. "I don't know that she has priests, per se, but any of the Ascended could talk to you about her if you wanted their opinions." He gave her an apologetic smile.

Rubbing the back of his head, he bit his lip. Finally, he sighed. "Yes." Then he shrugged. "But so are the old gods. They were responsible for a mud monster that caused quite a bit of devastation. More deaths than the Voice, even, at least that I personally know about.". He shook his head a bit sadly. "So all the gods can be dangerous and bad at time. Just depends on your perspective of them."
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
No priests? How odd. "So... normal priests and priestesses wont be able to help me with the Voice?" This Voice character was getting stranger by the minute and a pit was forming in Delta's stomach. Her instincts were telling her that the Voice wasn't to be trusted. "I will try to speak with one of these Ascended... thank you." Delta had small ideas forming in the back of her head, but they wouldn't be realized. No. They would need to wait.

There is a nod and Delta questions why he explains this. "I understand how the gods are perceived differently depending on an individual's experience." Then she pauses, thinking back over what he said once she had defended herself. "But... why would they send a mud monster? Do they create monsters often?" It wasn't something she had heard of, then again, there were a lot of things she had never heard of and was only discovering just recently
DELTA
base by skylark
the Firebrand

Change author:
Hesitating, Loren shrugged. "I don't know enough about the priests among your people to answer that question." He gave Delta an apologetic smile. "But yes, the Ascended will have the most information about the Voice. I warn that they will almost certainly give you an account with a positive bias."

As she went on to ask about the mud monster, his expression grew stricken. Scrubbing his face almost angrily, he shook his head. "I don't know why the gods do what they do. Frankly, I'm trying to avoid most of them if I can." That came out with more bitterness than he'd intended, and he sighed, clearly bothered by this topic.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Ah, he misunderstood her. "I meant priests on land, not ours. While we are smart, we know nothing about this Voice." Shaking her head, she let out a soft sigh. "I will try to speak with an ascended... it's just too bad that there is no unbiased person to speak with. It seems impossible to align yourself with both gods and so, we naturally will drift more towards one or the other." Delta knew where she rested, that the Voice would never be a possibility. Still, she wanted to learn more so to better be prepared for the future.

His comment was off-putting and clearly, he wasn't happy to continue talking about gods in this manner. "What do you do then? How do you spend your days?" A devoted person wouldn't only spend time with the gods, of course, but that was still a part of their lives. So how did Loren spend his life? Did he find a replacement to fill in that spot?
DELTA
base by skylark
the Firebrand

Change author:
Giving Delta an apologetic smile, Loren just shrugged. "I'm afraid you're going to find very few truly unbiased people in the world. So it's best to accept that, and recognize that everything you're told might be shaded one way or another." He shook his head slightly. "I include myself in that category."

Raising his eyebrows, he gave her a curious look. "Do you spend most of your days in worship?" Then he shrugged. "I'm a healer. So I spend most of my days taking care of people, making medicines, and occasionally doing research into new medical techniques." His words came out quietly, as if he wasn't sure what she'd make of them.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
A small frown forms on her lips at Loren's comment. What a shame. "I guess you're right... even my own father has his own deity that he aligns himself to mostly, so it is hard. I'm... mostly just trying to keep an open mind for myself. Never met a god so all I have to base my opinion on are stories, but stories are also super important... so I guess? I'm not sure if I'm biased or not." She begins to ramble and finds herself trailing off, stopping herself from continuing on a random jumble of words that probably mean absolutely nothing to Loren. Why would he care about her god issues or how she still doesn't know which god she likes the most? This conversation was supposed to be about the Voice, but whatever.

Shaking her head, Delta realizes why Loren might've misunderstood. "I'm no more devout than anyone else- merfolk or human... or probably with the humans." Delta isn't exactly sure how dedicated to the gods that the humans are, so it's mostly an assumption. "I guess I just think it's important to learn a lot about the gods- seeing as everyone views them in a different light. It's how I can best work with others and make sure I'm treating everyone with respect" It's what Delta thought a good leader would do. Hopefully that mouthful answered Loren's question.

Loren must be a pretty important person if he's able to dedicate his entire life to medicine, a wise one too. "Really? Wow. Do you think we'd be any different with healing and things? Like... could you use a human medicine on me and have it work the same?" Would it be beneficial to maybe work with the humans to share their medical knowledge? It sounded like a good idea to Delta.
DELTA
base by skylark
the Firebrand

Change author:
Nodding at Delta's words, Loren tried to muster up a reassuring smile and was only partially successful. "Word of advice?" He spoke in a quiet tone. "Don't feel the need to devote yourself to the first god you speak to. There may be others more suited to you."

Pressing his lips together, he sighed. "It's a noble goal. But I think you'll find, no matter how respectful you are, that people will pressure you into taking one side or the other." His words came out with a slightly wry and bitter edge to them.

Eyes widening at her questions, he opened his mouth then hesitated. Finally he shook his head. "I don't know enough about your kind to know if our medicines work on you." Pausing, he gave her an embarrassed look. "Magic would, but...I don't know how similar your bodies are to humans'." His eyes flicked to her tail before returning to her face.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
His words of advice were actually pretty dang good ad ones that she listened to, cataloging for later. "How do you know when that god is for you? Like... is it something that just clicks? Since I know that the god... probably wont explicitly say anything." There's so much to gods she doesn't now and she hopes that Loren can help her out.

Frowning, she cant bring herself to even try smiling. "Damn...that really is too bad. But, then again I can understand it... if a god makes you happy, then surely you'd want to share that happiness with others? I don't want to be mad at anyone for doing that." Hopefully she wouldn't be pressured too badly. Delta wanted to keep an open mind for as long as possible until she spoke with one of these gods for herself. Otherwise... how would she know that the god would treat her the exact same?

Loren's knowledge is clearly limited but she doesn't mind. "That's fine... nice to know magic would help." She forces a small smile before continuing. "Maybe someone knows a bit more than you or I. Or maybe the increased interactions between our races will help us find out more." There's a bit of hope to her voice, but only a small amount.
DELTA
base by skylark