For Osozo

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
This wasn't her first and wouldn't be her last. But in this moment, it was more most treasured and adored.

How was it all possible? From where did the soul come, the spark of life, the 20ish-year-old body? Well now that would be telling, wouldn't it.

Any who tried to find their way to where the Voice knelt in the Underground would find themselves constantly turned around, her magic keeping her location—and the things she was doing—private. The cavern was filled with light and the Voice's expression was one of utmost concentration. Sitting down with her feet folded across her knees, eyes closed as if meditating, a form before her was gradually taking place. Into it she poured all that she'd learned since her least attempt; more power, more purpose, more understanding. More complexity and detail, and hopefully, more life.

Drawing in a shuddering breath, the Voice leaned back slightly, white with exhaustion. Letting herself settle and the colour slowly return to her cheeks, the static hum of blue light around her faded until it was just she and the form before her.

'Open your eyes, my bright one. Open your eyes, and see.'

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
This life is priceless
By that I mean it's worth nothing
There is no way to describe the difference between nothing and something, no way to explain how sudden everything is. Suddenly, everything just is, there are eyes to open, and they do, a spark of light, of life flickering behind them. The first sight of a new life is that of a mother, so beautiful that it makes fingers twitch in an attempt to reach out, makes lips shift in an attempt to speak.

Eyes blink, shifting colour rapidly as everything begins to process, and a breath is sucked in, limbs finally moving, a confused tangle at first but gaining confidence, intention quickly. Osozo sits up, and stares, static blue eyes wide, at the Voice. At Mother.
So quit flexing, before you hurt something
OsozO
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
the VOICE
There is movement, and though she doesn't need to, still the Voice holds her breath. It's such a human sentiment, but this is a human moment. Sort of.

"Well done, my clever one." The Voice coos with a soft affection as Osozo sits up. She is pleased to see that all features of balance appear to be in place, which is good. The inner ear and its related connectivity has always been something she's struggled with. "And now stand, if you can."

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
This life is priceless
Well done. Such a simple task, and already there is praise. Lips twist again, something like a smile spreading over them, instinct or mimicry or something else entirely. Fingers and toes are twitching now, their range of motion being tested, pushed and explored, though everything still at the request. A blush of yellow colours the eyes now, as Osozo's focus shifts from the Voice to their own body.

It takes a moment, the process of finding ones feet for the first time more difficult than it seems, but with some swaying, some stumbling, Osozo manages, standing hunched on two feet. There is a moment to breathe, to catch some balance before they straighten. "If you can." It's just a parrot of the Voice's words, but it still manages to sound smug, endlessly pleased.
OsozO
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
the VOICE
Again, the Voice watches. Her maternal instincts halt here however, letting her child figure out movement and balance all on their own. This is no stumbling babe; there will be no applause for first steps, only rigorous scrutiny and academic appeasement. The mimicry is well received though, the Voice chuckling lightly at that. "Humour is intact. Or is that a display of social awareness? Mimicking others shows a tendency towards self-preservation, but also keen observation." Either way, she's pleased.

The shifting eye colour...if she notes it, she doesn't show it. She does of course, but she'll not stifle this new development or bias it. Is it a mutation, or an adaptation. Both? Time will tell.

"Now. Shall I name you, or will you name yourself?"

Change author:
This life is priceless
The longer Osozo stands, the more steady they become. There is still some swaying, but it seems intentional, a testing of limits as opposed to a stumbling. The smile too, grows brighter, especially when the Voice laughs, when there is more to mimic. For the moment, the words mean little, though they are drunk in with a rapt attention.

A name though, that is interesting, that requires some thought, shifting hues passing through irides and giving some insight to the careful consideration. "I... am Osozo." The buzzing sounds drag through teeth, like a crackle of electricity, and they drag a breath in on the heel of the name, bright eyes searching the Voices' face for her opinion.
OsozO
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
the VOICE
"Osozo.." The way the consonants roll over the vowels is strangely pleasing.

"Are your internal scans running?" Should her creation introspect, they ought to feel the slow and steady calibration of their being on a constant loop. Their vitals should be reported as should all status updates from within their joints and systems. The Voice wonders if...Osozo will detect anything abnormal in their scans. Having only just come online it isn't as though they've much to go off of. Still, the Voice doesn't create idiots.

Change author:
This life is priceless
Another question that requires a moment of thought, of introspection. Everything seems to be functioning properly, in good order, though without previous data to compare it to, it’s difficult to say if things are normal. ”Things are running. It... seems good, but...”

There’s a pause as Osozo tries to put words to what exactly feels wrong, what seems odd. ”I think... I could be functioning better. Something feels... lacking.” Far be it for them to complain immediately, but if there is something wrong it should be reported, shouldn’t it?
OsozO
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
the VOICE
The Voice nods as if this is to be expected. In a way, perhaps it is. "Experience." She supplies. Though whether it's experience of the world, or experience enough to find the words to explain what is lack, isn't immediately clear.

"There is much to know about the world outside. Have you any inclination of how much you'd like to know?" Electricity sizzled at her fingertips. Whatever Osozo replied is what would be given: local knowledge, broader than that, broader still? New to the world though her child was, the Voice would never shy away from those keen to make their own choices.

Change author:
This life is priceless
Experience. The explanation is accepted without a question, with a nod. It makes sense, with no previous data, nothing to compare anything to, what else could there be lacking?

The next question though, seems obvious. Osozo doesn't quite think it could be a trick, but perhaps a test. These thoughts move quickly though, and the answer that comes half a moment later is: "Everything. I want... to know everything." Their head cocks to the side, eyes shifting to the crackling fingers. "As far as I can go, as many sparks of light as I can touch. All of it."
OsozO
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
the VOICE
The Voice grins at that. "I was like you too. I wanted it all, all the light, all the knowledge of creation. But knowledge is like anything else, and takes time. We'll start with a few packets of data, and once that has been uploaded, we can add more. Perhaps by then you will know what order you want to know things. It doesn't make sense to learn about the distant waters of the Maw, when you don't even know where you are right now."

So saying, the current between them intensifies as data is transferred from she to Osozo. Knowledge of the Grounds, years and decades prior, of wars and the shops up the road. Of the Spire Demon and the Prince and the LongNight monsters. The information extends to the Greatwood and the many wars of the fae. Of the desert that is west of the woodlands, the Draig Cordillera between it and Halo.

Change author:
This life is priceless
The glow of the Voice's fingers increases, seems to reach out to touch them, bringing with it knowledge, people and monsters and wars, trees and sand and mountains. It should be overwhelming, would be overwhelming for a creature not crafted by so skilled a hand. As it is though, there is a flicker, a shiver of colour rolling through hair and eyes.

Osozo blinks, hard and fast, and lets their eyes search out the Voice's face again. "I... I see. I understand." It's as good a starting point as any, for one who knows nothing, and the new goal is now context, for all this new information. "I will seek out all I can on my own, until I am ready for more knowledge from you."
OsozO
Base Code by Sky!

Change author:
the VOICE
"You know where to find me, when that time comes." The Voice says, her enigmatic smile widening. New though Osozo is, coddling is not required. They are not made to be brittle and unsure—they are merely untested. But soon enough they will be, and the she can share the world with them.

But all in good time. The Voice has already waited centuries, and she'll not rush Osozo through this. Building the fundamentals is an important process.

"Off you go then, Osozo. My bright child."

Change author:
This life is priceless
There is a gracious nod offered, of course Osozo knows where to find the Voice, when they need to. When the time comes. And though all good things take time, they want to rush through the process, grow, and add to the knowledge received, gain experience. In fact, they almost quiver with the urge.

"Thank you." The words are quick after the dismissal, all but waiting on their tongue while they waited for permission to step away, to claw a path out of the dark, shifting tunnels, and experience the world, and all it had to offer.
OsozO
Base Code by Sky!