[SE] Ohana means family
Saiden!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
Studiously, Seren watched and then copied the instructions she was given. Again she struggled with the wire, but it was growing a little bit easier as her fingers learned how to bend and mold the metal. Her version came out less than steady, and after making a few attempts at correcting it, she had to relent.

"Can you fix it?" she asked plaintively, holding it out for Saiden. Asking for help, as she couldn't make it secure enough.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
While Seren worked on her wires, Saiden went back to his painting. Lifting the brush with the cream paint, he filled in most of the remaining space on the smaller piece of paper. That done, he added black strips leading from the golden circles to the edge of the paper.

When she asked for his help, he smiled. "Happy to help." Taking the wire from her, he examined what she'd done. Then he untangled it a bit, and added a few twists where needed. Checking the holder, he made sure it was secure. Handing it back to her, he arched an eyebrow. "What do you think?"

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
She nodded her approval, and accepted the holder back. "Thank you!" she remembered to say, before moving on to the next step. The glue felt self-explanatory, and she busied herself with adding it to the paper, so that she could attach it to the wire frame.

It got messy of course, her hands being way to small and her mind perhaps not quite as organized as it tried to be, but so what if it came out a bit wonky? Lopsided, crooked, off kilter... it was the thought that counted. And Seren was pouring all of her heart into the singular, simple wish of wanting to see her sister as she created this lantern.

"When can I give the lantern to Ludo?" she asked, once it was all as done as she could make it. Seren knew of the masked god and the wish one could make, but the when wasn't easy for her to grasp.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
As Seren started applying the glue, Saiden gave her an approving smile. When he determined she had things well in hand (in her own way) he turned his attention back to his own lantern. Taking the smaller piece of paper, he folded it carefully. He folded the larger piece as well, his fingers moving slowly and precisely.

Once he was satisfied, he set it down. Taking the two tridents, he attached them to the longest piece of wire. That done, he glued the larger paper to the longest wire as well. With a little bit of glue, he affixed the smaller piece of paper to the larger one. That done, he fed the end of the longest through a small hole in the front of the small paper. Finally, he put a candle holder between the two tridents, wrapping it securely between them.

Setting it on the table, he leaned back a bit to examine it. It was a bird, an osprey more specifically, with a white body, golden eyes, and brown and black feathers. It was a bit sloppy, but it was obvious what they were looking at.

Her question made him smile sadly. "There's a big party later in the season, where everyone gathers to put up their lanterns together. You can give it your lantern then."

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The girl was full of awe for his creation, and when he set it down, she all but crawled over the table to look closer at it. "It's so pretty!" she told him, with that dazzling kind of admiration that only kids seemed to possess. Seeing no flaws, just the miracle of creating something beyond their own ability.

Her own lantern was almost done too. With a few more generous applications of glue - it was almost dripping with it now, and the paper had become fragile - Seren managed to get the paper to stick. Then she set it out beside Saiden's bird, just as proud.

"I hope Ludo likes them!" It almost had to, just look at this combined splendour! A bird, and a sky for it to fly in. Perfect.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Sliding the bird lantern a little closer to Seren, Saiden beamed at her compliment. "Thanks! Yours is beautiful too." He tapped the table by his osprey. "Do you know what type of bird this is?" It came out softly, and again there was something sad lurking in his eyes.

Grinning, he leaned back so he could take in both lanterns together. "It's going to love them." Reaching out, he smeared a little more paint on her cheek. "Let's set these somewhere to dry. Then we should get the table cleaned up. And then..." He paused for dramatic effect.""Cookies!" He grinned at her, hoping she'd be excited too.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
With the mission completed, Seren felt some of the energy drain out of her. Slumping back down onto her chair, she gazed at the lanterns in dreamy contentment. "Nuhuh," she mumbled, shaking her head at the question. She had seen the bird, or ones similar to it, but didn't have a name for it. "What kind of bird is it?" she asked, a bit dutifully; it had been the kind of question that asked for some interest.

"Cookies!" she echoed, reaching up paint-and-glue coated hands with an enthusiasm that was perhaps a little bit subdued. But she pointed at a shelf on one of the walls, where other artworks and little projects usually were stored. "They can be there," she told him, referring to the lanterns.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden didn't mind the dampened enthusiasm from Seren. If anything, it was a nice break: she was a very energetic little girl. "It's an osprey." He said it in a tone that indicated how important that was. "Do you want to know why I made an osprey." Smiling sadly, he gave the lantern a once over, noticing every flaw, every imperfection.

But it had been made with love, and that's what mattered.

Following her finger, he very carefully lifted both of the lanterns, using just a touch of air magic to make sure they didn't rip. Setting them down on the shelf, he reached out with his magic. It twined around his hands and face, washing around his face, before moving on to Seren and doing the same for her.

As he cleaned her up, he resealed all the cans of paint. Putting the paint, the paper, and the rest of the supplies back into the bag he'd brought, he used a bit more water to wipe down the paint splattered table.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Shining brightly was what stars did, and Seren had yet to learn how to moderate her glow to make it last longer. In other words, she rampaged from the moment she woke up until she collapsed from exhaustion, with only minor breaks for food and drink. While a kind and cheerful child who rarely fell into tantrums, she was still fairly high maintenance. Needed to do something constantly.

At least the promise of a story had her sit still while Saiden cleaned up. "Yes please," she replied, watching him with hopeful eyes. Being cleaned off with magic water was fun, but not quite strange enough that she made a fuss about it.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Unsurprisingly, Seren did indeed want to know why Saiden had made an osprey. His smile faltered, and he looked towards the shelf with the lanterns. "My sister Vanya was an Attuned, and she could shift into an osprey." His eyes flicked towards the demi-god. "Do you know who Vanya was?" It came out softly, a far cry from the cook's usually chipper manner.

The table still wasn't quite clean, so he took his bag off and scrubbed it more thoroughly. As he did, he stole glances at Seren. "You know..." Speaking in a thoughtful tone, he paused in his cleaning. "If you're tired, I can come back and we can make cookies another day."

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren cocked her head aside as she thought, though the answer came quickly enough. She nodded. "Vanya is Aoife's mama," she replied. Mother had explained the relations, if briefly. But Seren had a good memory for names.

As he tried to postpone the promised cookies, the girl perked up immediately. "No! I want to make cookies today!" Scooting off her chair, she hurried over to the sink, found a  small glass that was there just for her, and fixed herself a drink of water. Downing it like she'd never tasted water before, the girl then turned back to Saiden. Looking both refreshed and determined.

"I am not tired." And possibly it wasn't even a lie.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
As Seren explained what she knew about Vanya, Saiden's easy smile grew sad around the edges. "Aye that she was." Glancing aside, he scrubbed the table with a bit more vigor than was strictly necessary. "What else do you know about her?" It came out quietly, without the excited tone he'd spoken to her with earlier.

As she positively demanded cookies, and drained water as if to prove something, he held up his hands in defeat. "Cookies today it is! But you're cleaning up this time." Almost slyly, he came around the table to start rummaging through the cabinets. "What kind of cookies do you want to make?" It came out slightly distractedly, given how focused he had suddenly become on cataloguing the contents of the kitchen.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren shrugged. "She died. Now she is a star." And that was that. If there were more to know about the woman, and her circumstances, ni one had told her about it.

Trying to do just like him, Seren too opened cabinet doors and drawers, though wasn't really able to tell where anything was, or what he might need. "Crunchy cookies are best," she replied helpfully. They were more interesting to eat.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
For a moment, Saiden felt tears spring to his eyes. He hid his head in one of the cupboards as he wiped them away. Closing it, he smiled at Seren. "That's all true. But maybe one day I can tell you how she lived." He cocked his head to one side. "How does that sound?" There was something wounded in his voice, but he was hopefully still bright enough for the girl.

Pulling out flour, eggs, butter, salt, and almonds, he set them all on the counters. Reaching below , he grabbed two bowls. Reaching out with his magic he grabbed some water from nearby. Taking out a cup, he filled it with the water, then turned towards Seren. "Let's make almond cookies then. Do you know how to make cookies?"

Coding base by Sky!