[SE] Ohana means family
Saiden!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
Quite sensitive to the mood of others, she picked up on his distress despite his best efforts to hide it. There was a lot of sad people in her life, and they all tried to shield her from it... But Seren felt it all the same. She met his gaze with a grave expression, her eyes very blue and very kind. With a quiet nod she confirmed, that yes, she would be willing to listen. One day. Perhaps when she was older, and could understand.

Crossing the floor, she came to stand beside him, and picked a chair close by as he began to line up ingredients on the table. "No. But you can teach me if you like."

He had seemed to be excited about teaching her to fish before. So perhaps it would make him happy now too.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nodding back at Seren, Saiden found himself relieved to leave talking about Vanya for another day. Making a lantern for her had been hard enough; recounting his life with her probably would've caused him to break down again.

Focusing on cooking was always a joy for him, as was teaching someone. Grinning widely at her, he nodded. "The first step to baking anything is mixing the wet and the dry ingredients separately. Oh, and making sure you have the oven heating while you get the dough ready." He gestured at the ingredients he'd assembled. "Why don't you mix while I start the fire. Happy to answer any questions you have along the way."

So said, he moved towards the oven. There was firewood and kindling stacked next to it, and he saw some still smoldering embers inside. Carefully, he built up the fire, using just a touch of his air magic to help him.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
He was a brave man, to let the girl remain alone with all the goodies. The moment he turned his back, her greedy little hands were grabbing for the almonds and the sugar, ready to stuff her face with it in equal measure.

She had no idea how to bake. Or how to measure. Or indeed how to avoid snacking on the treats... what were cookies in the future, when she could have other things right now?
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Saiden could've sworn he only turned away for a heartbeat (though it took longer than that to build up the fire). When he finally looked back at Seren, the evidence of her transgressions was written all over the crumbs and powder all over her face. "Oi! Those were for the cookies."

Instinctively he reached out with his magic. None of the items were that heavy, so he levitated all of them well out of her reach. Walking towards her, he wagged a reprimanding finger at her. "That was very irresponsible of you. Do you know why?" He kept the ingredients floating as he crossed his arms and waited for her response.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The look she gave him was one of wide eyed innocence, even as guilt crept into her gaze at his tone. Or perhaps at being caught? Her mouth was full of nutty sweetness, and it took some chewing before she had enough room to even try to speak.

So she just shook her head mutely, her eyes following the waggled finger with some apprehension.

Uh Oh. That was never a good sign.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Giving Seren a stern look, Saiden gathered the ingredients to himself, managing to hold them in his arms with a little help of the new use of air magic he'd discovered. "Because we were supposed to use those ingredients for the cookies." He began putting the flour and the sugar and the almonds back in the cabinet.

"However, we were only supposed to use a certain amount of ingredients, because there's only a certain amount of ingredients in your home." Closing the first cabinet, he put the eggs back where he'd found. "But because you ate them already, now we don't have any ingredients left to make the cookies. So neither of us get to eat them." Putting the last of the ingredients back, he turned to her and crossed his arms.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
The girl watched with wide eyes as the ingredients were put back in the shelves and cupboards, one by one. It made a distinct impact, the consequence of her gluttony immediate and uncompromising.

She wilted in her chair, head drooping down as her eyes fell. The sugary paste of half chewed nuts in her mouth suddenly didn't taste as wonderful anymore, and she had to force it down, into a tummy that wasn't quite so happy anymore.

"I'm sorry," she said softly. Very quiet, even as frustration and upset at the denied cookies churned within.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
It took all of Saiden's willpower not to give in to the pitiful and guilty expression on Seren's face. Somehow, he managed to keep his arms crossed and his own features stern.

When she apologized though, he broke. Kneeling, he put a gentle hand on her knee. "I know. And I accept your apology." For a moment, his voice was soft and he gave her an understanding look. Then he took a deep breath and steeled himself, expression growing serious once more. "But it's important for us not to take too much. To not be greedy. The world only has so much to offer us, and taking more than we are supposed to is very bad."

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Peeking up at him from under the shock of midnight curls, the girl kept looking demure even with the apology being accepted. He was still serious, and it meant she was still in trouble.

There was the problem of still wanting to make cookies too.

"I'm sorry," she said again. "Can... can I make cookies for daddy instead? And for Remi?" If she already ate hers then she wouldn't get any more, but maybe they could still bake anyway?

The oven was fired up and ready anyway.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
As Seren asked if they could still make cookies for Remi and Ronin, Saiden relented. "Fine." Straightening up, he pointed a finger at her again. "But I'm going to leave them a note saying that it's just for them." With that, he set out all the ingredients and supplies again, though he made sure to keep a very close eye on the girl this time.

Gesturing for her to come closer, he held up the flour. "Remember what I said earlier? Dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. What are the wet ingredients and what are the dry ones? He arched an eyebrow as he looked at her expectantly.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She would agree to anything at this point, just to get to keep playing. The girl nodded her agreement to the note, and kept her hands well away from the - still tempting - treasures he put back onto the table. Her upset stomach was easing a bit, and with the sugar working its way into her system, Seren was perking up rapidly.

"Dry, dry, wet, wet, dry," she said as she pointed to the items, each in turn. But she hesitated over the eggs, because... well, they were both, right?
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Nodding in agreement as Seren listed off the ingredients, Saiden smiled when she reached the eggs. "Wet. Very good." Picking up one of the eggs, he cracked it into a bowl, then tilted it so she could see better. "We used what's inside the egg, which is why it's wet."

That said, he put the egg down for now. Lifting the almonds, he pour a smile pile in front of her, giving her another solemn look. "Now I want you to crush these up a bit. While you do that I'll mix the flour and the sugar. Do not, I repeat, do not, eat any of them." His tone was as commanding as he dared to make it.

Watching her out of one eye, he poured the flour and sugar into a bowl. Taking out a knife, he added some of the butter as well, before shaking a bit of salt in.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She watched him crack the egg, and nodded eagerly when she understood. "I promise to not eat more," Seren vowed solemnly, and set to work on the task he had given her. It was tricky to crush the almonds, and she huffed and puffed while doing it. Perhaps it wasn't the finest job ever done, but for her first time trying, it could have been worse.

"Here!" she offered, when all the almonds were at least a bit broken up. And none eaten! "Can I open an egg too?" It had looked fun, like a trick.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden watched Seren for a moment to make sure the lesson had sunk in. Then he watched her for a moment more to make sure she was doing what she was supposed to. Nodding in approval when he saw that she was, he turned most of his attention back to his bowl. Some, though, obviously remained on her.

Whisking and mixing the drier ingredients with an obviously practiced motion, he glanced at her when she announced she was done. "Good job!" Taking the almonds from her, he tossed them in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Arching an eyebrow as she asked to crack an egg, he got one and held it out to her, holding the bowl with the other egg out as well. "Crack the egg against the edge of the bowl. Then stick your thumbs in the crack, and pull it apart, making sure to get the insides in the bowl."

Coding base by Sky!