Strange Days
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
So many wrong things have been said, choked out and shouted between them, that Nate hesitates before he says the one thing that feels right, really right. "I've got a lot of regrets." The words are still a struggle to get out, still burn in his throat, things not easier, not necessarily, but lighter. It's different, to be doing something because he wants it, not because he feels like he's supposed to, or because he's trying to fill some hole, or repay some debt. It feels better. "I don't think this... it won't be one of them." They're too close for him to shake his head, but the words are soft, feathering along the attuned's face as gently as his fingers did.

There's no answer to his question, none out loud at least, but the other man leaning in to him is all Nate needs. His hands move, mirroring the one in his own hair, and pulling Sunjata more flush against him. They've kissed before, but not like this, not with so much behind it, Nate trying to press in even more. The words he can't say, can't get through his throat, the ones he won't say again, until Sunjata is ready, the things he's not even sure how to put to words.

When he pulls back, because he has to, aware of the fact that they can't kiss forever, that Sunjata needs to breathe properly, that they're still riding on the aftermath of a crisis, it's reluctant, softer, smaller kisses pressed to the corners of the attuneds mouth. Then electric eyes, roaming over Sunjata's face, not searching, but taking in everything. "You should get washed up." He says, after a long while, not moving at all, not loosening his grip or pulling away.
grab your saints and pray
and we'll burn this world today
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i can't believe that you could just say
that "the answers unlock this gate"
He doesn’t think he’ll regret it either. And honestly, it’s a huge first for him — surprised that there’s even some left to take on. But before Nate? Before all of this, a line of women dotted his past. He hadn’t even thought about it, not in the way Lusea had way back in the resistance. A first for him and he’d really have it no other way, with no one else to explore this side, to learn and shift and adapt with. Perhaps it would be easier? He can’t say, nor does he know what to expect.

He leaves that up to Nate to decide and figure out with him. He leaves it to the one that has helped him step back from the edge while getting close himself. Even still, Sunjata can feel the dampness to the shirt he wears, feel the shift in those ever changing moods of his as something feels easier, better, calmer. This is how he copes, perhaps not usually this fast… But Nate had been there for the last attempt at coping when his life had fallen apart. And now? Now what stopped him? Hadn’t Delphia told him to stop living in the past and move on?

Their lips crash together and it’s significantly different from before. He moves when Nate has his hands on him, pressing against him in every way he can. Some sort of hidden desperation within it that he can feel and he can’t quite hide himself away from. Body language has always been the way he knows how to show how much he cares. And he shows it now, with a tangle of hands in ashen and filthy clothes, bodies pressed against one another’s.

But of course, he has to breathe at some point regardless if Nate does, and the Ascended is the one that breaks it first while Sunjata’s hands slip and tangle in raven hair, somehow trying to hide the panting breaths he wants to take as he settles, calms, quells that rampaging storm within him. Nate doesn’t let him go so easily, peppering his skin with kisses that both feel freeing and relieving, while guilty all the same. At least his mind isn’t swimming quite as bad, though his legs are sore and his back hurts, littered with bruises from the way he’d been squished and fallen upon while he and Nate worked to save peoples lives.

Nate’s comment is met with a breathy sigh, a half assed attempt at a groan as he leans forward and rests his horned head on Nate’s shoulder. “You’re covered in it too, you know.” He rumbles with some hint of accusation, pulling away a few moments later as his hand ghosts by Nate’s cheek. “Come on.” He sighs somewhat heavily, pushing away and up, one slight sway as he regains his balance to guide Nate up the stairs at the back of the house — both too tall and having to duck beneath the floor of the last few steps.
'cause if you knew his name, not a thing would change
you'd still be wishing you were blessed
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
Really, it would be stupid to think that some declaration, that a simple kiss could fix anything, could melt away all their problems and struggles and the highs and lows they both gotta through. That’s the kind of thing that happens in movies. Love, whether it’s said or not, doesn’t fix anything. But it makes dealing with it a whole lot more bearable. And it’s been a long time since Nate’s had someone by his side like this, who felt like a partner and not just something he had fallen into.

The press of Sunjata against him is worth more than any words he could say, more than whatever awkward stumbles he would force out if he had insisted. Actions have always spoken louder to Nate, have always been what he put more stock into, and everything he needs from the other man right now is given to him, in every press, every twist of his fingers in Nate's hair.

Nate's hands meanwhile, don't quite leave Sunjata, even after his comment, fingers moving to thread through his hair, stroke at the point where horn bursts from skin, as if to apologize for being so rough earlier. "Yea, but I look good covered in shit. Your pretty face doesn't." He rumbled back, letting Sunjata slip away easily, and rising in one smooth motion, reaching out again to help support the attuned. "I think," the words come smoothly, covering over the help, the weakness, "you just want me to wash up with you." His hips wiggle, the joke not quite landing right, but trying to anyway.

The support continues the whole way up the steps, until the last few, when they have to duck. Nate hadn't really paid much attention to their surroundings before, but now that he wants to distract himself has the chance to look around, the house is quite charming. Seems like such a departure from the dark basement of the guild, or the bar that sits atop it, almost like someone else had a hand in...

That thought is cut off before it can fully manifest, Nate gritting his teeth and looking back at the attuned instead. He's a better distraction anyway.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s a moment where he tilts his head into Nate’s touch as he runs his hands through his hair, lids half closing with the sensation it draws. There’s a slight snort that leaves him, some ease and air to the distraction of his heart and the vast void that’s growing – that has been growing. But Nate helps him up – really the one that’s stable in comparison to the sore legs the attuned has and the slightly less inebriated state now that he’s hit the bottom.

The words that leave the Ascended have Sunjata rolling his eyes, pausing in step as a huff of a questionable hum leaves his throat. “I think that if you plan on sleeping in my bed, I’m not going to have you there covered in ash.” He tilts his head toward Nate with a raise of his brow, though amusement continues to linger along the lines of his face. “We’re just going to pretend I haven’t left feathers there.” He winks, slipping up with Nate’s support to the top of the stairs.

There’s weaponry strewn about when they reach the top of the stairs, ducking under before rising to his full height. He abandons the help from Nate if only to remove the shirt, slipping it the best he can over the horns that protrude that he can’t quite disband. He tosses it into a heap in the corner, slipping into the room off to the side. New scars arise and pepper his skin, a few pinpricks to his chest where claws had poked, three long scars on his left side from Loren’s dragon, a few smaller scars on his right side from above his hip bone to under his arm where Deimos had taken out aggression onto him.

Then, of course, the tattoos along his shoulders and back, a few of the feathers that drift along the back of his shoulder blades interrupted by five crescent shaped scars that had taken ink out in the process. It’s been made up, however, with the new black out tattoo that swirls in waves up to tuck under the feathered tattoos that extend down his arm, filled in with black and galaxy patterns on one arm.

The bathroom is big and wide enough, a shower in place of a bath – that luxury lies below for the rooms beneath the floor Sunjata had decided as his own. And with it, Sunjata reaches in to turn it on to heat it up, watching briefly in his quiet state as the water runs along his arm, rising goosebumps out of the black ink and running dark with the ash that coats his skin.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
"I wasn't going to just assume I'd be allowed in your bed." Nate quips back, playing at innocence, his face and his tone lightening when the face that turns to him is no longer hard, or blank. There's amusement, and even if it's just hiding things it's leagues better than before. "Though now that you've offered, I'm sure we can mess it up with worse than feathers." The laugh accompanies this is a little more human sounding, a little easier when the jokes are easing things for the both of them.

As the attuned pulls away from him more, pulling his shirt off as he go, Nate pauses, watching with a raised brow, though the expressions shifts from appreciative to mildly concerned in moments. How long had it been since he's seen the other mans body, a few months? And already there's so many more scars, so much more evidence of stupid things, moments where he could have been lost, and a petty part of Nate wants to point that out, throw it up as a final a-ha! But this isn't an argument he's trying to win, isn't a screaming match in the middle of the street, and all he does instead is reach out, hands closing over shoulders, over feathers, fingers outstretched so a thumb can run over the new half moon of scars, then slip down, over bruises and yet more scars from god only knows what. Nate sighs, more the motion than the sound, and leans in to press his forehead between shoulder blades, between the inked wings.

It's not a long moment, but it's present, heavy with meaning. Then, like it hadn't even happened, Nate is pulling away, pulling his own ash stained clothes off and dropping them without care. He reaches an arm past Sunjata, into the water, then hums and steps under the stream. There's scars on his body, less obvious with how pale they are, how pale he is, but they're all old, in comparison to the mess on the attuned's skin. Something that looks like a burn, long and shiny, wrapping around a thigh, marks that might be from a blade, but could just as easily be from anything else, dug in around his hip, the softness of his stomach.

It isn't long before Nate decides the water is probably fine, and drags Sunjata in, pausing only to let the other man remove the rest of his clothes. Showering with them on is a little too cliche for a breakdown, and it won't do anything to help with the emotions anyway. But beyond that, he doesn't care if Sunjata wants to stand, or sit and rest his tired body, let the water, and Nate, do most of the work.

"You know," He begins, hands moving in slow, wide sweeps across the both of them, "there was a point, when we were... trying to get people onto the beach, and get them to stop panicking, where I lost you." Nate's eyes are downcast, looking at anything but the other mans face. "I thought... I don't fucking know, but if you were gone, I... fuck, I don't think I'd have been able to do anything."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Of course not.” He replies with some feigned attempt to sound dry. He doesn’t, the amusement still lingers within the tightness of his voice, the hoarseness of his throat. This is far easier to talk about, and Sunjata can’t help but appreciate the bandaid for what it is. Another playful roll of his eyes to the next quip as it occurs, before he’s shedding his shirt, ensuring the water turns on and runs despite its cold at first. He doesn’t expect Nate to be right there, however, hands expanding along his scarred and inked skin, before he can feel Nate’s forehead between his shoulder blades.

It’s a sensitive feeling, a shift in the way this has gone — but touch and body language had always been the way Sunjata knew how to communicate. He appreciates it, whatever underlying feelings it brings as the ash begins to sweep away the black of his arm, leaving the stark galaxy beneath it rather than the otherwise chalky exterior. And in another breath, it’s gone, as Nate’s arm is beside him, reaching for the water – slipping into it. Of course, he realizes again that Nate doesn’t need to wait for it to warm up – it’s more of a courtesy for him at this point.

Still, his gaze travels along Nate’s skin – far more revealed once the Ascended slips into it – snagging along scars and varying other things, some designs far more familiar than he’d otherwise like to admit. Some sort of clear understanding crossing his gaze at this as it travels up to meet Nate’s eyes briefly lingering along the tattoos as well – always in appreciation of those. He also takes the time to remove the rest of his clothes as well – not caring when Nate had seen nearly every inch of him.

When Nate reaches out to drag him in, Sunjata happily obliges, hissing quietly at the warmth of the water and the steam soon arising off of chilled skin as he tries to get used to it. It always helps to dive right in, and so he does, wetting his hair and neck, letting the ash and soot of blackness drip from his chin and run along the sides of his head, horns bouncing briefly against the rock used as a backdrop for the shower they find themselves in. He closes his eyes, letting the water wash over his forehead, dripping along the horns and down the sides of his face, wiping away the salt tracks of the few tears shed when he couldn’t quite help himself.

And he hears Nate as he pulls his head out of the water, reaching up to rub the water from his eyes, to try and scan the Ascended’s face as he looks away from him, down and to the side. The admission is something that makes him feel… Well, hypocritical, and he tilts his head a small amount to it. “Well, I got knocked aside by someone in the crowd early on. Then once we’d had them on the platform, a few got pushy and fell off.” He offers with some lightness to it, rubbing absentmindedly at a bruise that begins to sprout along his collarbone and shoulder. “Fucking hurt.” Luckily he’d had a water shift should he not have been able to get out – one that Nate had used as well. But that’s not for this conversation, not as he knows he’s delaying the inevitable.

So he sucks in a breath and takes warm, red splotched hands from the heat of the water, aiming to run along Nate’s own shoulders, pulling him close to switch sides, to cascade the Ascended in the waterfall of the shower. “I’ve been told to stop thinking of all the ‘what ifs’.” He shrugs lightly, moving to take Nate’s face in his hands, thumbs stroking over sharp cheekbones. “But with things like that… I don’t have the best luck with them. I always end up squished, fallen on, sucked up into a mud monster… I’m still here, though. Still here.” There’s a raise of his brow to that as if he’s giving Nate the room to challenge it, hands slipping up along the Ascended’s skin to remove the ash that had accumulated in raven hair. “Though… I might have been a bat at some point so you might have missed me.” A bit of a teasing tone, trying to keep it light, from delving in.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
Nate can all but feel the eyes on his body, turns to watch and wait until their eyes meet, so he can offer the attuned a wink. He's not really shy, but it does occur to him that this is the first time the other man has seen all of him, every bit of skin. It's a strange feeling, usually this is the first boundary passed, this moment would have come months ago, in some ruined house back in the grounds. Somehow it feels better having it happen here.

Apparently, he's not as good at judging the temperature he though he was, judging by the hiss, but it doesn't stop Sunjata from getting right under the stream, the water running off of him nearly black to start with. Nate is there to help, hands running through hair, trying to not be annoyed at the way he has to reach up, just the slightest bit. Every now and then, his fingers watch on horns, and run up the length, the partial shift both adding to the appeal of Sunjata, and reminding Nate, too much, of the last time he'd spiralled, the last time he'd been bad. Though Nate hadn't been around for as much of that one, hadn't been so close.

It makes Nate snort to hear the calm, rational explanation for that moment he hadn't been able to see Sunjata, the moment when he'd lost his voice in the crush. Like they'd been talking about rational responses, like that's what he'd been trying to get across. But it does pull his gaze back up, a wry smirk on his lips and a quirk in his eyebrows. "Bastards." He says, watching the hand, the forming bruise under it. "Like they've never been in a disaster before." The smirk grows a little more, becomes something less jaded, more amused as they both dance around what he means to say, the point he's making in the background.

Sunjata reaches out to move him, the warmth of his hands something that Nate can actually feel, if only because there is such a difference to the coolness of his own skin. He moves in close, lips brushing against the attuned's cheek, dripping black water on freshly cleaned skin as they shuffle, trade places, then leaning back into the stream. "That's... probably good advice." Nate admits quickly, talking into the water before leaning into the hands on his face and looking over at Sunjata. He chews on his next words a moment longer, considering the challenge. "I know you don't. I know you get stuck in.... the stupidest fucking situations." Snorting, Nate closes his eyes, reaching out blindly for the other mans hips. He's spent more time with his hands on Sunjata than off him by now, and it's still not quite enough. "You make it through though. I trust you to." The challenge is thrown back, Nate... kind of enjoying being the bigger person, just a little bit.

Then he snorts, nodding his head against the hands in his hair. "That might have been it actually. I lost you... because you were a bat." Somehow, the way he says it, the way he stretches it out, makes the statement seem much more ridiculous than it is, and he can't stop the laugh that bubbles out of, half chokes him with water.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s a scoff added to Nate’s snort that seems to make it better — to dance around the subject because he’s not totally sure he can manage diving straight into it. Either not drunk enough or too fragile mentally to give into it. Instead, his hands find Nate, calloused fingers drifting along pale skin — so at odds from the tanned bronze and freckles Sunjata boasts, and he hums a quiet sound as Nate’s lips brush against his cheek, streams of ashen ink adding to his skin that had just ran clear.

While Nate dips under the water, Sunjata’s hands roam, move to clean the Ascended’s cheeks, along his neck, inspecting him for other places aside from his hair that the ash might have reached. “I really do.” He agrees with a quiet smirk crossing his face. “I don’t know why disaster finds me so attractive, yet here we are.” Another playful wink given toward Nate as he reaches out blindly for hips, something Sunjata gives into as his hands roam through raven hair. As Nate tilts his head back into the water, Sunjata nears his horned head in, pressing a soft kiss to the edge of his jaw and along his neck, pausing to chuckle a bit of breathy air along Nate’s skin.

It absolutely was.” He withdraws a small amount, bracing his arms on either side of Nate with a challenging raise of his brow. In addition to the horns that remain on his head, in the space between where his arms are and the rest of his body, a dark black membrane begins to expand, offering soft and tender silken webbing between his forearms and his sides, almost as if he’s cocooning Nate in the process. “I can be a lot of things, I’m sure you found out.” Likely when Nate had used his orca shift, the way he likely had to sift through the lot of them to find it.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
A low hum buzzes between Nate's lips, his hands squeezing, pulling Sunjata a touch closer. "I guess that's something me and disaster have in common." He retorts easily, all but purring the last word as lips brush against his jaw, his throat. As the attuned moves away, Nate tips his head back down suddenly, catching his lips again quickly, stifling the last of the chuckle.

Nate tilts his head in response to the challenge, curious enough to see what Sunjata is going to do that he allows the arms into his space, leans back to get the whole picture. And widens his eyes a little as membrane spreads, shifts into wings, closes him in against the wall. "I did find out." Whales and birds and cats and bats and bulls. The hands, still on Sunjata, slowly move up, along the edge of the membrane, then, softly, delicately, ghost over the thin skin to come up and rest on his shoulders. "I've got my favourites though."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s something he wants to say in response, but he can’t get the words out as he goes to move away, Nate’s lips are there and capture his – even however brief it lasts. Sunjata has something to show, pressing back against Nate slightly as he goes to brace his arms on either side of the Ascended, smirk crossing his lips as he goes to reveal at least… A bit of the bat shift to the Ascended before him, cocooning and letting the water roll off of them.

Of course, Sunjata knows what this looks like already, so his steel gaze is glued to Nate’s face to watch for the reaction, the slight widening of his eyes, a small smirk growing on his face. What he doesn’t account for, however, are the hands that roam up along the tender and sensitive velveteen membrane, his gaze narrowing on Nate subconsciously, a low sigh and a low hum leaving his lips as he swallows hard against it. And he presses in a bit more, head angled by Nate’s to brush his nose by the other man’s, lids shuddering slightly. “And those would be?” He manages, head tilting to the side.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
Oh. Oh. Nate had meant to let his hands linger at Sunjata's shoulders, had been planning on leaning in again, but the reaction his fingers pull out of the man at the small, nearly unintentional touch. One hand smooths along a toned arm, tracing the inked whorls and galaxies that adorn it, dragging the touch back down along the membrane, where they would naturally extend. The other curls around Sunjata's head, holding him close, keeping them nose to nose.

"I like your normal form best." Nate offers, getting the obvious out of the way, his lips brushing along the attuned's cheek, then his jaw. "But... I like the cat too." He chuckles, warm and deep, and moves the hand tracing along membrane, stroking the backs of his fingers along the sensitive expanse instead. "You remember that first night, in the advocates basement?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The wings are sensitive, and it’s really no surprise that he reacts this way. Not as Nate also realizes it, and he leans in to brush his nose against the other man’s as the Ascended’s fingers curl into hair and along his tattooed arm to trace against the membrane again, another hum leaving him. His head tilts to the side as Nate kisses his cheek and then his jaw, a deep and warm chuckle leaving the Ascended that’s reflected with Sunjata by the way his body simply reacts to the touch against those sensitive attachments of his partial shift.

Nate continues to stroke, and this time Sunjata can’t help the slight shuddering of his gaze, the shiver that runs down his spine at it, causing him to tilt his head a bit more in response. “I fell asleep on you as a panther.” He manages to get out, lips curling into a small smirk, leaning in to press a kiss to the Ascended’s jaw and neck, unable to help himself any longer. “You’re more than welcome to be one too.” He hums, a vibrating accented hum against Nate’s throat.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
but who am I to say?
let's all just run away
”You did.” Nate confirms softly, sucking in a deep breath when his neck is kissed, and trying to pull Sunjata closer, however much he can. Really, there’s no space between them at all anymore. Fingers that had been so gentle, so careful up until this point curl, dull nails barely scraping the wing, testing a different kind of sensation.

The laugh that comes this time is rougher, more obviously delighted with this particular turn of events. ”Jata, that almost sounds like an invitation.” The words are a warning, barely. They come only moments before Nate moves, pulling away and shifting so he can press his face in against the attuned’s throat, biting in a place not already touched by scars. He had never particularly cared where his marks went before, but this was bold, impossible to miss, or ignore.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He knows Nate doesn’t need to breathe, knows that the reaction he gets is mainly for him. But he relishes in it nonetheless. And as Nate clutches him closer, Sunjata gives in. Pressing against Nate in whatever way he can, hovering and encroaching as Nate’s fingers curl a bit sharper against the makeshift wings. This time, a shuddering growl leaves his throat, deep and perhaps a bit more rumble like his panther shift as his lips are pressed to the Ascended’s throat.

He pulls away briefly, steel gaze smoldering already. Craving what Nate has to offer, craving that distraction… Only, it would be different, wouldn’t it? With the confession laying between them? This time it would mean something other than a quick fuck to forget about all the other problems. And when Nate speaks, there's a low hum that leaves Sunjata’s throat before he tries to speak, unable to when Nate finds a place open and visible and specifically for him to sink his teeth into.

He presses in, a deep groan leaving his throat, arms abandoning the brace on either side of Nate to reach for him, for raven hair and to feel Nate’s body as his hand slips down the other man’s back, feeling along scars until there's new uncharted territory for him to explore. This is new to him, this closeness, unsure what exactly to do to get Nate to enjoy it too. So he gives the Ascended his all, hips pressing into his, shivering under the warmth of the water and the electricity of the bite.