what have they got
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just take your time wherever you go
The way Delta said the words indicated that she didn't actually understand, but Saiden nodded anyway. "Look, I'm sorry. Again, nobody wants their boats to get wrecked. We'd be much happier if we could avoid the rocks entirely." However, he didn't think the merpeople could help them with that.

Smiling, he leaned down toward her a bit. "Thank you. I appreciate it, Delta."

Arching an eyebrow, he shrugged. "I arrived in the Arclight Ocean, yes. That was about...two years ago now." He paused to let that fact sink in a bit. "Mostly the crew are from Torchline. I mean, they're Naturals." Giving her an expectant look, he waited patiently for her to ask more questions.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
She had an immense curiosity about life
Delta wanted to leave it at that. The two clearly disagreed strongly and in Delta's eyes, these sailors were too lazy to clean up after themselves. Treating the ocean like it's their own personal dumping ground. It's rude, selfish, and she can only hope that it wont reflect on Saiden's character. "Understood." Was all she could say. Hopefully, the human would take the hint to drop it because Delta's mood was slowly turning sour.

At least she could try and look at some positives. Thankfully, Saiden was willing to answer her queries, so maybe he is savable. "So... you chose to just become an Adventurer here? Like you are back at your original home?" Saiden made it sound so easy, but wasn't it hard to do that? Delta couldn't imagine being thrown into a brand new ocean and being expected to continue life normally. One needs to adjust... explore. Then again, doesn't she only explore? Oh well.

Thinking for a moment, Delta tried to come up with some clever questions... but none were really coming to mind. "Is sailing all you do? Or well, sailing and being a chef and fishing?"
and was constantly staring and wondering
DELTA
base by skylark
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Blinking in surprise at Delta's question, Saiden scratched under his chin. "Aye, I guess you could say that." Shrugging, he gave her a bemused look.

His expression grew even more amused as she asked about his life. "Well, yeah. Cooking and fishing and sailing, it's a full time job. You know?" Tone slightly confused, he spread his hands in a 'what can you do' gesture.

Then he gave her a curious look. "Why, what do you do?" He laughed. "Besides talking to random strangers in the middle of the ocean, of course." Leaning on his elbows again, he settled in to listen patiently to her response.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta didn't quite understand his reaction to her comment, her head tilting to the side. "It certainly seems fitting... and it sounds super fun, honestly. I would've loved to have visited all those places you once went to... and from what I've heard, there's some pretty fun places to see around here too, thanks to the new portals." Unless he had found himself a new passion, why wouldn't he continue his adventures?

Then he seemingly, answered her question for her. "Sounds super busy... do you get very far? I'm not really sure how far one can travel by boat- I've always stayed close to Torchline." It was partially her asking a question out loud, deep in thought and considering exactly how would one travel to see the world of Caido. How far could said ship go? Where would they go? What sorts of places had they managed to discover without the merfolk even knowing?

The spotlight was soon on her and Delta was more than ready to talk about half her life, hiding away the rest. "Well.... I wish I could call myself an adventurer, but I haven't traveled nearly enough to call myself one... I love to search and explore. To swim around and learn anything and everything, either above the surface or down underwater... like checking out caves or seeing what people have lost... it's super fun to me and I just love learning about the world." She clearly became super passionate, lost in her own words before stopping. A blush crept on her face and she looked to the side, trying to hide a bashful smile. "Got a little carried away there."
DELTA
base by skylark
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
"Aye, I suppose it was fun." Smiling, Saiden ran his hands across the railing. "Mostly because of the company. The actual work, well, that was pretty nice too I guess." He shrugged, clearly bemused by Delta. "Haven't you visited plenty of places in the seas of this world, though?" There was a confused tone to his voice and a confused look on his face.

Shrugging, he scratched his head idly. "Depends what you mean by far." He gave her a questioning look. "How far can you swim?" That, at least, was something he was interested to hear the answer to.

Laughing, he spread his hands to indicate the blue sea and skies all around them. "Adventuring is more a state of mind than anything else, I say. You can find adventure wherever you are, so long as you look hard enough." He winked playfully at her. Waving away her apology, he grinned. "Sounds like you're an adventurer to me, even if you doubt yourself."
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Saiden was clearly jumping around answering her questions and at this point, Delta gave up on finding out more about what he did. Who knows, maybe he wasn't allowed to talk about it because of some dumb shit or something. She didn't mind as he as still good company and provided nice conversations. "I've... visited a lot of places here. There's still many caves I have yet to see. I hope I can explore more." She nods, knowing that there was many places to see and that not every inch of the ocean, even around Torchline, could be explored within a few years.

The question posed is a hard one to answer. "Honestly, I've never really tried to swim all that far. It just seems so risky and dangerous to swim beyond Torchline. I don't know what's out there and I feel like I could get lost." Lost was obviously the least of her worries, but she didn't exactly want to speak about potential sea monsters that would eat a Merfolk up in one bite.

A.... state of mind? Tilting her head in confusion, Delta didn't quite understand what he meant. Wouldn't an adventurer need to visit places to be considered one? She wasn't concerned for long as he said something that she absolutely took as a compliment. A twinkle in her eyes and she grins. "You really think I count as an adventurer? I haven't gone many places... but I hope I can see more and learn more someday." Someday would be a long time and potentially even become a never, but a girl could dream.
DELTA
base by skylark
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
As Delta explained what she'd seen so far, Saiden nodded. "Do you plan to visit those caves? And what did you find in the ones you've already explored?" There was a great deal of interest in his voice.

Giving her an understanding look, he leaned his elbows on the railing again. "That's alright. You should find yourself a crew though." He grinned down at her. "People who will have your back, no matter what. That's essential." Indeed, he sounded quite certain about that fact.

Laughing, he nodded again. "Absolutely. Even if you haven't been many places yet, you've got the spirit and the drive. And that's what counts." He winked playfully at her.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
There is a nod and she's happy to speak about her experiences. "Of course I want to visit them, some it isn't quite safe yet. I need to find someone to accompany me first... and I also need to get stronger first." She laughs to herself as she throws in the last part, realizing that she needs to be able to properly protect herself should she choose to visit such a place. "I've found all sorts of stuff. People use caves to hide stuff, so ones that you can access through the surface often have stuff like that. Other times there's animals living in there. The tide also pushes things in there," It's a lot of stuff to say at once so she stops herself there, sparing Saiden from a lifetime of rambles.

A... crew? Tilting her head to the side, she leaned forward a bit. "How does one get a crew? What would I do with my crew?" Would she have to put up applications? What makes a good crew member? Delta hasn't really considered gathering more likeminded people, really. It feels awkward to ask someone to go look at some shiny things seeing as most people found those sorts of things to be either boring or useless.

There is a light blush and she turns her head away slightly. "You think I have the spirit? Thank you..." It's touching in her eyes that a real adventurer actually thinks she could be counted as one. It's amazing and she will take that title with true pride. "Maybe the next time we meet I'll be able to tell you some tales of the new places I visit... and I want you to do the same for me." Especially since Saiden could actually go on true adventures.
DELTA
base by skylark
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden gave Delta a curious look. "What's dangerous about it? And your kin won't go with you or help you train?" Tone confused, he peered down at her.

As she mentioned people hiding things in caves he arched an eyebrow at her. "Careful if you take things that people have stashed away. They might come looking for them at some point. Plus that's theft." There was more than a note of warning in his voice.

"That depends." Shrugging, he scratched under his chin. "Crews can be a permanent thing, or for a specific job. And the size is determined by what you need them for. For instance, the Ark is a huge ship, so it needs a huge crew. But for your exploring, you might only need a few trusted folks to watch your back."

Nodding, he grinned. "I do, and thank you. And I certainly will." He rubbed his hands together. "And maybe you can take me to some of these caves near the surface, yeah?"
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Right- the humans don't know everything about the life of a mermaid. "Well... some of them have entrances only accessible during high tide- so it's often that you get stuck there for a bit." It's the hard reality of having a tail- the time when it's safest for merfolk is often the most dangerous for human. "And as nice as humans are... I'm still a bit worried... what if not everyone has good intentions for us?" One of Delta's nightmares is to be consumed by a human- but nobody needs to hear about that, otherwise it may come true.

Scrunching up her nose, Delta shakes her head. "Never! I know better than to do that- I mostly look for natural objects, like stones and things." She wouldn't touch a bag or a box if it was hidden in a cave- that's just plain stupid.

Delta didn't really expect him to go into so much detail into crews, but it is appreciated nonetheless. "Interesting... and this crew, would I keep it the same? Or would it maybe change? Or both?" What if they needed special people for special thinks? So many ideas sprung to mind and Delta found her mind wandering off a bit as she fantasized the explorations she may eventually go on with a crew of her own.

His invitation- er request? Whatever it was- to see the caves was a nice thing to hear. It bring a smile and a faint blush to Delta's face. "That'd be really nice, it's always more fun to explore with other people. I mean- I think it is." Think meaning that it's something she's always just assumed. Delta hasn't actually found anyone else to go exploring with her- everyone else occupied with actual duties or other interests. It seems that she's pretty alone when it comes to wanting to explore the ocean and the human world.
DELTA
base by skylark
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Frowning slightly as Delta mentioned that some of the caves were only accessible during high tide. His expression grew thoughtful. "Couldn't you tie a rope so you could pull yourself back to the water? Or just bring someone with water magic?"

Then his eyes narrowed. "No offense, but I find it hard to believe that all mermaids have the best of intentions." Knowing Jack worked with at least one, he figured the aquatic race was as varied as every other race on Caido.

Satisfied with her response about not taking goods from stashes, he moved on to her questions about the crew. "It's best if you have a core group of people you can trust, but it varies. Sometimes it changes from journey to journey, sometimes it's the same people every time, and everything in between. Depends what you're most comfortable with. And what you need for the job at hand." He scratched his head idly.

Beaming down at her approvingly, he nodded. "See? You already get that it's better with a crew." He sounded quite pleased by what seemed to him to be a breakthrough.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The mermaid shakes her head before frowning. "A rope can only get me so far...hmm think of this" She thinks for a long moment trying to explain exactly what's the problem. "Imagine a giant bowl with a little bit of water at the bottom. As strong as I am, it's hard for me to pull myself up with a rope when I have, you know, a giant tail. It's not exactly the most...flexible." Then again, she had only answered the rope part. "I don't know of anyone with water magic strong enough. So maybe." There is a small bit of hope but she doesn't know much.

A playful eyeroll and Delta shakes her head. "Okay, maybe not all merfolk have the best intentions.... but what I meant was that I'm... kinda worried I'll be killed for my fish parts." Her voice became hushed in the last part because yeah, that's kinda nasty.

Picking people for each job was the most logical thing to do. "How did you find your crew? The one on the ship?" Maybe she could find her own crew the same way? It could maybe work out and hey, she'd end up with a lovely crew!

Saiden continues to be lighthearted and playful, leading to a smile to return to Delta's face. "It's... kinda like what a leader does, right? A leader appoints people and makes decisions with the help of information given to them from others." Was she referencing her father? Absolutely.
DELTA