Dolce
for Remi
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Rather dramatic if you ask me..."

Archebold remarked about the title of his race in this new world, laughing with a shrug.

"Perhaps it is why I prefer it. Has a much better ring to it than, Bloodfiends. No wonder others cowered in fear at the mere mention of our names. It was designed to intimidate. Ascended, now that sounds...regal almost. As if you're in the presence of a chosen one. Though heroics were never really my forte."

The ascended continued rather candidly.

"You're told long enough you're the villain you begin to believe it. I'd like to think to some extent I played the role that was given me, but still possessed enough freedom to forge my own path.

I'm not the easiest person to warm up to and partially that is by design. It was just easier to not toe the line of relationships of any value in such an oppressive society as Northwind. Taken here, no matter the reason...can be a good thing...I hope it can be. Though some prejudices travel beyond worlds and will never cease to exist no matter what attempts are made to quell them."

At the sight of Remi 's smile Archebold grinned.

"That's more like it...a smile to light this manor in a single flicker."

He would continue to watch Remi eat, assuring himself the young man was certainly enjoying the meal.

"There is some irony leaving one imprisoned society for another though isn't there? How could you not just laugh at the coincidence...walls were made to be broken though. Patience is needed, like with most things. Patience is key."
archebold
Death is not a defeat. It is a cure.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Online
Change author:
MP: 3059

"From what I have heard you..ahh.. they? are meant to be chosen." While Remi didn't deny that Archibald was an ascended, it was strange to think of him as being chosen the way, say, Sam had been. Then again...none of them really were sure what happened when they had been pulled through from Northaven. Perhaps the bloodfiends had been chosen after all.

Tilting his head as Archebold mentioned he was named as the villian, Remi furrowed his brows. "I never understood that honestly. You were created to be so much more...and then ostracized for how you were designed to be." As a creator himself it was truly perplexing. Especially since it seemed that the bloodfiends truly had done all they were made and required to do.

"Really?" Remi all but gasped, more or less horrified at what the ex-captain was saying. After all, if prejudices regarding bloodfiends had traveled here...did the same apply to homosexuality?

Unsure how to precisely take the compliment, Remi's smile hedged slightly but as he was want to do, it grew across his face once again as he boyishly looked down at his plate, continuing to eat happily.

The mention of leaving one cage for another did make Remi shake his head grimly. "I have thought that as well. Perhaps it is why we are so determined to get out, while the locals seem...adjusted to this life." Thoughtfully Remi twirled one of his utensils in his dexterous fingers. "What do you make of what we were told? That the ascended would be the ones to help us leave?"

REMI
I'm gonna free fall out into nothin'
Gonna leave this world for awhile
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.