Mini Event See The Light
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
”Thank you for coming out,” Jigano said, once it seemed like most of those who were planning to had arrived. He climbed up on a rock to be more easily heard, projecting his voice over the quiet rhythm of the tide as it washed gently on the sand. He held an unlit lantern in one hand, hanging loosely at his side for the moment. ”I’m glad to see some faces I recognize – and many I don’t. For those who were wondering what this is all about, I’m Jigano, and yes, I am from the Hollowed Grounds.” He looked over those who had spread out, his wry smile in full force.

”On the night of the true Festival of Lights, there will be many who hold to the traditions of their families, hanging old lanterns among the new. Grounders, Fae, Halovians, and Torchliners alike will gather to remember those lost in the past year, many in the same places where they’ve hung their lanterns for generations. But however and wherever we celebrate, we do so together in spirit. Tonight is a chance for us to do so in person, to share traditions across regional lines and learn what similarities we have despite the time and distance that have separated us.”

Magical fire caught the wick of his lantern and he held it in front of him but didn’t let it go yet. ”In the Hollowed Grounds the Festival can be a time of glad remembrance, solemn reflection, anxious hope, and fearful trepidation. Only one is chosen by Ludo; some yearn for it, to be able to say goodbye to loved ones taken too soon. Some dread it, to see those who are missing in their lives confirmed gone from this world. And for some, the shades of those who have died are to be feared rather than embraced.” He knew Rory and Sam fell into the latter two categories, Karlia’s fate and Wordsworth Senior’s perpetual disappointment enough to keep them from making lanterns, or perhaps coming at all.

Feeling the pull of the breeze he raised the lantern and let go, letting it drift up towards the stars and slowly out over the ocean, its reflection scattering across the waves below as he breathed a farewell to his pale-haired protégé. ”Tonight there are no expectations. No rewards, nothing to hope for or fear. It is meant to be a gathering of friends and strangers, family and newcomers alike. I would like to celebrate those who lived well, who brought us joy, who changed us for the better, even if they are no longer with us. A festival of glad memories and souls gone to joyful rest with Mort, however they passed. A chance to thank Ludo for guiding them safely to Mort’s land, without anticipation of divine favors at the end of the night. I encourage you to eat and drink, to share stories and songs of those who have passed on with old friends and new, to spread the light of their memories as the lanterns light the sky.”

He gestured to the ready-made lanterns, just awaiting a spark to their candles. ”Floating lanterns are a tradition my mother taught me, one I hope to find shared across worlds. She told me to say a prayer for a loved one as we light the candles, and the lanterns will carry them to their souls in the afterlife as they soar and eventually burns to ash, moving between this world and the next. For those who have neither the skill nor patience to make your own, there are plenty already made for you, just awaiting a spark and your prayer.” He grinned and gestured next to the pile of supplies. ”For those that would like to try your hand at it yourselves, I’ll be giving a lesson in a few minutes, and I look forward to your questions. Now please, let the party begin.”
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When Seren approached, Saiden grinned. Accepting the treat she held out for him, he nodded gravely. "Thank you." Then he gave her a slightly stern look. "This doesn't make up for the cookies. And be careful not to make yourself sick." Still, he appreciated the gesture nonetheless, as the way he reached out to ruffle her hair affectionately indicated.

Then Jigano got up to speak. Leaning in so he could whisper in the girl's ear, the cook's eyes glittered mischievously. "He likes to hear himself speak, doesn't he?" Laughing, he straightened up, taking a bit of the treat he'd gotten as he did. "So," he began to ask, not bothering to chew and swallow fully, "what would you like to do?"

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 24 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
"No one's going to judge," Quanil told Rance . "I'm Quanil of the Loreseekers' Guild, by the way." They smiled, sorting through paper to find a color they liked.

They quieted down respectfully for their guild master's speech, applauded enthusiastically at the end, and turned back to their new acquaintance. "I think I saw you helping with the guild hall clean up. Thank you! You already know the guild master. Isn't he great?"
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
Seren pouted a little, and poked her tongue out at him when Saiden remained stingy about the cookies she had denied him. She thought it very silly to still be upset about it. But he ruffled her hair, and she liked that, so the child forgave him quickly enough. "Okay," she agreed amicably at the caution, and stuffed her face with another pastry.

Listening to the man that talked, she was more enraptured by his moonlight hair than the speech, and her uncle's comment made her giggle. "I wanna make a lantern!" she told him, when he asked what to do. At least, once she had eaten the treats.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
He’s not alone for long, not as Nate’s arm lifts and perches along his shoulder. A snort leaves him as he folds his arms across his chest, glancing over toward Nate with a small hidden smirk. “Comfortable?” A hint of teasing to his tone, before Melita catches his eye in a swirl of fiery hair. He looks back to Nate, aiming to tug the man along. “Melita’s my niece, by the way.” A familial tie that has his brow raising in sharper amusement before his gaze flickers to Melita with that very same grin.

But he’s distracted when Jigano begins to speak, to tell them all about the Lantern Festival and what it means, remaining silent with his arms folded along his chest. The idea of lanterns to float away is intriguing, though he doesn’t comment on any of it – only turning back toward Melita and tugging the Ascended closer toward her.

Mel, want to come with us and let some lanterns go?” A raise of his brow to that, the option out there, hand extended toward the girl to include her in what they do.
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bulletproof
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
'cause karma's just a different word for bad luck &
"Course I'm comfortable." Nate beams back, head tilting back so he could look the attuned in the eyes, hit him with the full force of his grin. Though it doesn't last long, Sunjata moving, tugging him along towards a girl Nate only recognizes because of the other man, a fact that very suddenly makes sense with the casual 'by the way' that's dropped on him.

Before he gets the chance to work through the revelation, Jigano calls for attention, explaining the purpose of the night, and distracting Nate quite handily, for a moment at least. It was a nice idea, just not in line with the way Nate usually dealt with loss. Though... that was a coping strategy he had lost, so maybe he should give the lanterns more of a chance.

By the time he's pulled over to Melita, Nate's decided he's not really that fussed with how the family relation works, choosing to just accept it, and offer the wild haired girl a wide grin. "Good to see you again."
what if death is just another pair of handcuffs?
NATE
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
MELITA
Melita listened to Jigano’s explanations, the alterations not that much different from their accustomed Festival of Lights – except no Ludo, and the lanterns were already pre-made, waiting for their hands and palms to set them alight and aloft on the sea. Her eyes went to them automatically, before narrowing towards Sunjata, snorting at the insinuation, at the invitation (because apparently her petulance and temper had at least altered that course, and she wasn’t being left out this time). “Sure.” Fangorn alongside her, she followed along, only turning her attention to Nate, previously met at the boxing ring construction, but not wholly well known.

She wasn’t sure what to make of this one either – in her uncle’s long string of romantic endeavors, confusion, and angst. Maea’s death wasn’t in her thoughts, but just the way he bounded and leapt towards other individuals so rapidly seemed tumultuous and difficult.

Or maybe she was the one who couldn’t figure things out.

“You too,” the girl proffered back to Nate, on a wild grin, so he was left to wonder if she actually meant it or not. Then she motioned towards the lanterns, grabbing hold of one, waiting for them to pick and choose, a hum under her breath.
help tonight to split its seams
Give the bruises out like gifts
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
After partaking in some of the food, the Sword merely leaned against the table, eyes flickering back and forth, from individual to individual, before pinpointing back to Jigano. The speech was long, but he endured, moving away from the provision station, and more towards the lantern adornments. In the vivid tenacity of silence, his glance went from the pre-made illuminations, to those supplies waiting to be cast and molded – he’d already made segments for his mother, for his father for the upcoming Festival. Would it be far more fitting to snag one for the rest of his who’d been lost? The names were lengthy, too many chiseled away in the corner of his mind, but instead of taking the measures already solidified, he chose to remain, waiting, for Jigano’s lesson. Maybe it would carry and hold more meaning. Maybe it wouldn’t matter at all, as they journeyed and embarked along the sea.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
He couldn’t help the bemused smile that made his lips twitch. “Rance, newly arrived. Sort of.”

Jigano spoke up then, explaining the Festival to come with a bit of a different tone than he’d used to explain it to Rance. Then again, they’d been having a conversation at the time instead of one giving a lecture or anything to the other. Still, his smile slipped as the speech brought up mixed memories of a very emotional afternoon. It was Quanil’s enthusiastic applause that drew him out of lurking thoughts and back to the present. He cocked his head as they mentioned recognizing him and the smile returned at the youth’s obvious adoration of the Provost. “You’re welcome. He helped me sort a few things out, so it was an easy decision to come help.”

He turned to the table, looking over the supplies and musing over what he might do for his second lantern. “Not to mention I might be a Loreseeker, too.” He glanced at Quanil. “At least, I’m trying it on for size. Never been part of a guild before.”
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
The bard smiled at the small crowd that had gathered around the lantern-making supplies, proud of how well the informal little festival had all come together. Perhaps it was more of a party then a memorial at the moment, but when the lanterns began to rise he hoped the stories of those they honored would follow.

”The paper is mostly cut to size already, to make it a little easier on everyone,” he said as he joined the group. ”Though you can make yours smaller if you wish. But we’ll need to share the gluepots as we go around. If you want to decorate your lanterns, this is the time to do it, while the paper is still flat, but be gentle with it.” He nodded solemnly to Seren, the smallest of those listening. ”This is a very thin, light paper that will tear easily. If you put too much decoration on it, the lantern will be too heavy to fly.”

He pulled a sheet of simple pale blue rice paper from the pile with careful fingers and used the brush from the glue pot to lightly seal the short ends together, making one end of the resulting cylinder a little smaller, and one end wider. ”There are fancier ways to go, but for a simple lantern we can do this to make the sides.” He reached for a second stack of the lightweight paper, this one cut into squares, selecting a larger one that could cover the top of his cylinder. ”And of course, we need a way to trap the candle’s heat. It should be firmely attached to the sides so none of the hot air leaks out.” A few deftly-folded creases at the corners gave it a slightly ballooned shape at the top as he carefully traced the glue around the outside of the original cylinder and then rolled the square sheet over the top edge so that it created an enclosure on all sides except the bottom.

”Now, we need a support for the candle…” Slender  hoops of a lightweight wood with delicate crosses of even thinner wooden cords attached within were already prepared and secured into shape, and he chose one that would fit the bottom of the cylinder. ”This will keep the bottom half of the lantern from getting blown into the flame too soon, and will give us the frame for the rest of the base,” he explained as he worked. ”You can glue the paper to the outside of the hoop, or fold the paper carefully over the hoop except where the framing struts attach and glue the paper to itself to enclose the hoop within it.”

With the lantern’s body made he grinned over at Melita . ”Now we just need something to light it with! A regular candle is too heavy and doesn’t make enough heat, so we use special candles for this, and wax-soaked strips of cloth to make it lighter and ensure it will eventually burn up and not cause problems later.” He reached for the pile of thin strips of wax-impregnated linen and wound one tightly around the length of one strut to guide the fire out towards the hoop and paper when the flames burned down and reached that point. ”Tie the second strip into knots around the center of the cross, and use it to secure the candle stub,” he demonstrated. A small disc of a candle that looked to be as much fiber as wax, with a thick, fluffy wick was knotted into place.

He nodded towards a fire that had been dug into a sandpit on the beach for cooking – and for lighting tapers and lucifers from. ”It’s easier with two people,” he admitted a bit ruefully. ”One to hold the lantern up and one to light it, but you can manage with one if you’re careful and gentle with the paper.” So saying, he carefully held the lantern up to the breeze to get it puffed out before bringing it back down and balancing the hoop in one hand while he reached up within to touch a magefire-lit finger to the wick. He withdrew his finger and shook it out, then smiled around at those who had stuck around for the full lesson, holding the lantern while the fire within began to burn in earnest and fill the paper balloon with hot air. ”It will take a moment before it’s ready to fly. Hold it lightly while you say your prayers for the soul it’s meant for, and when it starts to rise within your hands… let it go.” He bowed his head for a moment, casting his thoughts back to a friend he had lost too soon, before he had been able to swallow his pride and apologize properly to her.

”This one is for Edrei, a woman who burned with passion outside and in, and a fire mage of great skill. She fought off Vampire Gourds with me, and helped me make vodka from them. She was foul mouthed and hot tempered and kind hearted beneath her fiery exterior, and I miss her still. I hope that Ludo led her soul to peace in Mort’s realm, and that there are plenty of things there for her to set on fire and seduce,” he added with a smile that was both sad and fond as the lantern in his hands rose slowly, the breeze causing it to drift out to sea after the prior glowing speck in the distance.

Feel free to make and launch your own lanterns, and share stories of who they’re for if the spirit moves you!

Age: 24 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
Oh! A new arrival! Well, not that new anymore. But still new-ish! I shall be on my very best behavior. Not that they were ever on anything else, really. Unless they forgot and got distracted by something.

And then Rance said something that made Quanil beam. "You're going to be a Loreseeker? Welcome! I mean I've never been part of a guild either, but so far I really love it, what are your favorite things to learn about? The provost asked me and I don't even remember what I said now because really everything is interesting! Do they have anything like Loreseekers where you come from?"

Quanil would just go on like that, lantern decorating temporarily forgotten, until either Rance or the provost's voice interrupted them.

They would dutifully follow along with the lecture, though they spent a bit more time decorating their lantern. They decided this one would be for another victim of the Fiat Lux Festival, an event that had dominated so much of their life this year. "How're you doing, Rance ?" they asked, remembering that they had a new recruit? potential new recruit? here with them.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
As Seren unsurprisingly declared she wanted to make a lantern, Saiden nodded amiably enough. Finishing his treat, he dusted off his hands. Then he held one out for her to take as he led her towards the lantern-making station.

There was another long-winded explanation from Jigano, which the cook only half-listened to. Taking the two bits of paper, he didn't decorate them. He just glued them together as the Sage had shown. Attaching it to the frame, the Hali added the support for the candle, followed by the candle itself. That done, he set his lantern on the table. All the while, he watched the demi-god, and would lend her a hand if she needed it.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
Seren bounced off along with Saiden towards the lantern making place, and listened with a serious expression to the instructions the moon-hair man was giving. He made it look very easy to make the lantern, and the girl had a field day with cutting out little shapes from a spare piece of the fragile paper, making stars and flowers that she glued onto the lantern base.

With Saiden's help, she managed to not make a complete mess of the assembly of the delicate lantern. Her little fingers were remarkably gentle with the paper, and there was a patience behind the vibrant blue eyes that belied her youth.

Once the lantern was done, she looked around hopefully, eager to see them all lighted. She had no idea what to expect, but had a feeling it was going to be very fun indeed.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Change author:
MELITA
Melita was familiar with a portion of the lantern making, having participated in Jigano’s a previous year. She hummed, half-listening to directions, no particular name pressing on her mind amidst the lanterns – she’d already made hers for Adam and Peters' companions, Clementine and her mother in yesteryears; endless deaths and dirges could’ve filled her heart, her lungs, her soul, but with so many present, she didn’t tip the scales in either direction. Instead, the youth grabbed a handful of food and occupied herself, fingers working diligently, and providing aid to either Sunjata or Nate if they required it. The youth didn’t ask them who they made theirs for, kept it all private and contained, the heavy burden of living straining against their limbs.
help tonight to split its seams
Give the bruises out like gifts