i just don't care that much
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
high as hell, feeling fine
nothing bad but nothing kind
There’s a roll of his eyes that he gives back to the summoner, a somewhat exasperated sigh leaving his lips. “I did try, and you weren’t very detailed.” He gives a pointed look back to the summoner at the snark. But it passes when Loren snorts and Sunjata’s gaze finds the grain lines in the table again. “It just… Exploded. People were running everywhere and I needed to make sure they got out.” Out of harms way, out of the danger if it proved to slide into Haulani. “And it's sort of it. The governor died in the explosion. Remi and I offered ourselves up for the position.” He swirls the glass in his hand. “Remi won, but he asked me to help.” He knows it’s somewhat of a sore spot, but when it came to dealings with Torchline and Halo – who better than the two right here?

So he focuses a moment instead on the next comment that leaves Loren’s lips, the shrug granted, and he nods in some amount of understanding, before shaking his head. “Alright. But if they come after me with pitchforks I’m sending them your fucking way.” He offers, raising a brow and pulsing some teasing amusement down the bond toward Loren to show he’s not entirely serious on that front.
not a word from me
at least nothing you would mind
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren shrugged. "Fair." Drumming his finger against the bar, he felt himself flushing. "You're welcome to ask me whatever you want. But, in terms of what's new...I guess...hm. My brother and I are speaking again, so that's fun." However, it was clear he was embarrassed about something and desperately trying to hide it.

Shaking his head, he leaned forward. "You didn't need to do anything. You chose to. There's a difference." He gave Sunjata a pointed look. Then it softened. "I suppose congratulations are in order, even if you didn't get quite what you want." Sipping the water, he sent curiosity through their link. "What are you going to be doing?"

Grinning a little fiercely, the healer nodded in agreement. "Go for it. Wouldn't be the first angry mob I've faced, and trekking through Halo is sure to tire them out." His expression and tone were just as joking as the bartender's.
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
A nod is given to Loren in response to the laugh, watching idly as the summoner’s fingers drum against the bar. “Oh? You weren’t before?” Though somehow Sunjata recalls the explanation Loren had given him of his childhood, and Sunjata wonders how much of that is involved with the rest of it. Regardless, he waits for Loren to respond, listening for the next bit of information that slips from the summoner in response to the way the Attuned had become a part of Torchline, a part of history.

It felt like it needed to be done.” He protests, though it’s a weak protest. “Though I got the position I’m best fit for, I imagine, so.” There’s a slight purse of his lips to that, a curl of it soon after as he recalls the name – wondering what he had been thinking when he’d taken it up. “I’m going to be the Arbiter.” There’s a way his voice almost shakes over the term, but he shakes his head and hides it anyway. “So, y’know, enforcing laws and rules. Like I would have been had I stayed in Korofi.” Although, at this point in his life, probably married and with children.

Moving on, he snorts to Loren’s comment, shaking his head a small amount. “Maybe a cannibal will take one or two, make it easier to manage.” A quiet jest.
not a word from me
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sighing, Loren shook his head. "No. He invited me to Halo after Abasi died and then...disappeared. I didn't see or hear from him for over a season. Then he showed back up, and had the gall to accuse me of being negligent and of not doing enough to reach out to him." Although they'd made up, it was clear he still wasn't over the whole thing.

Narrowing his eyes slightly, he kept his expression neutral as Sunjata explained. Finally, the healer nodded slowly. "As long as it's what you want." He tapped his finger against the cup. "For what it's worth, I think you're suited for that role. Despite it's...connotations." He ventured a tentative smile.

Unfortunately, all hint of good cheer and humor melted away at the bartender's next statemetn. "Gods, don't get me started on the cannibals." Groaning, the Launceleyn laid his forehead on the bar and thumped it gently against the wood a few times.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There’s an avian tilt of his head as Loren explains, confusion crossing over his face as well. “Huh.” He muses, lips pursing for a brief second before he nods. “Well, I’m happy for your… Reunion? Whatever it’s called?” He offers, a quiet chuckle leaving his lips to that. But the conversation almost grows a bit more sobering, despite the fact that Sunjata is anything but, and he listens when Loren responds, nodding ever so slightly before a sigh passes his lips. “It was what I was born for. Trained to do since I was.. fuck, eight? Earlier? I don’t remember.” A lot of it he’d blocked out.

Though Sunjata finds some clear amusement in what Loren says next, the reaction it sparks. “If it helps, I killed one of them. Was probably going to die anyway, but one less is one less at the end of the day.” He says, reaching over to pat Loren on the shoulder with an almost ‘there, there’ sort of gesture – before lifting his gaze up to request another drink.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Shrugging, Loren traced a finger around the rim of his glass. "Reconciliation." He gave Sunjata a rueful smile. "Anything else you wanted to know the details about?" Despite the healer's common sense, he found himself letting his mental walls down a bit. However, all the bartender would get was a sense of camaraderie. For now.

Letting out a huff of laughter, the Launceleyn felt his lips twist into a mockery of a smile. "I got you beat. They started 'training' me at five." It was a dark bit of humor, and his tone was wry.

Still groaning, he shook his head though it was still on the bar. Turning so he could look at the other man, Loren pressed his lips together. "It's not the cannibals, though they're a problem." He lifted his head just so he could bury it in his hands. "It's just that everyone seems obsessed with them all of a sudden."
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Thanks.” Sunjata snorts, tilting his head a bit as the dizziness spur of emotions cascades around the attuned bond. “Hmm. Well, you mentioned you spent time with Seren. How was that?” A slight raise of his brow before he focuses on Loren’s next comment, a shrug granted at the mocking twist of a smile.

It’s not a competition, Loren.” He offers with some amusement in his drunken state. “It’s fucked up regardless of how young we were.” A shrug granted. “Look at us now, huh?” An attempt to lighten the mood again as the drink is brought over, onto his… What, third now?

Still, he listens, finding some surprise in it. “I could really care less about it, to be honest. That’s yours and Halo’s problem to deal with.” A crooked smirk crosses his face briefly before it’s gone as he takes a sip of the drink again.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Running a hand through his hair, Loren shrugged at Sunjata's question. "Fine. Saw her sitting on some steps when I came to help out after the eruption and figured I'd keep an eye on her for a bit." The healer smiled faintly. " I was nice and friendly and didn't freak out. Showed off my juggling a bit. Was...really pleasant, actually." Sighing, he hung his head a bit. "Until she asks to hang out with me again and it turns into a shit show."

His eyes slipped to the bartender's drink, but the Launceleyn said nothing. "Grand Healer of Halo and the Arbiter of Torchline. Seems to me we're doing alright for ourselves." Tone wry, he finished off his water. Waving for the server, he held up two fingers for more water.

Raising his eyebrows, he gave the other man an unimpressed look. "Until your people start wandering through the portal. Or worse, the cannibals find a way to Torchline." Loren actually shivered a bit, and his humor had fallen entirely flat. Instead, he just looked troubled.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He listens while Loren explains the meeting with Seren, steel gaze finding the summoner while he offers a quiet snort in response. “She’s a child, they get over things quickly. Usually.” He shrugs – despite not wanting to be around them much or any of his own, well, he was learning quick with having a hand with Seren. “Perhaps you’ll have one of your own?” A raised brow to that, passing over the fact Loren had nearly made Seren cry with his reaction to who her parents were.

Instead, he focuses on the idea of where they were now – the staff bringing over another glass of water for Loren that Sunjata raises his own glass to toast to, taking a quiet sip of it before settling in again – craving a cigarette incredibly bad but knowing that he only has so many to last him until he gets back to Torchline. Can’t have Loren ruining all of them, despite how desperately he wants one. “Mm, well, if it comes to that I suppose we’ll be in touch?” A raise of his brow. “I don’t imagine the cannibals would like it much in Torchline. Likewise, Torchliners I think enjoy the warmth too much to venture out and ruin things.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Shrugging, Loren rubbed a palm on his thigh nervously. "The only children I've really spent any time with are family members and, well..." Letting his voice trail off, he gave Sunjata a chagrined look. "Not the healthiest relationships there." There was a guilty expression on the healer's features.

Biting his lip, he looked away from the bartender. "I'd like kids, one day. I just...know I'd be a shitty father." The Launceleyn grimaced, taking a sip of water to disguise just how troubled he was by the thought.

Shrugging, he stared into his cup. "There's already been some people crossing over. Stranger things have happened." Glancing up, he met the other man's gaze. Loren's expression had grown serious. "You should know that we are locking down the portal on this end for the entirety of Deepfrost. It's too dangerous for anyone to be traveling."
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Relatable.” Sunjata rumbles in response, a scrunch of his nose as he thinks about it before sighing somewhat heavily and shaking his head. But at the end of the day, you take what shit experience you had, turn it around in a way that you would’ve liked to be treated at that age. That’s what he does with Seren, makes it easier.

Why? You just literally do the opposite of what your family does.” He shrugs as if it makes sense to him. “I do the exact opposite of what my father did and it seems to be working when I have to watch Seren.” He lifts the glass, giving Loren a considering look before growing silent at the mention of Deepfrost. A nod of understanding to that, figuring out how to get enough alcohol and the like to the Kraai for those month without contact. “Good to know.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Simply nodding at Sunjata's understanding comment, Loren sighed. "Not really sure that my family or yours is the comparison we should be making here. No offense." Pressing his lips together, he lifted his cup but just stared at it for a long moment. When he finally drank, he set it down with a bit more force than was necessary.

Humming in agreement, he stared at the surroundings once more. "So I take it you're going to be full time in Torchline then? And working closely with Ronin and Remi?" There was a slightly awkward tone to his voice, as if he wasn't sure he should even be asking the question.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Loren has a point, but Sunjata does too. And he sighs quietly into the glass as he sets it back down, mind swimming already as he reaches up to rub at his temple. “I meant just like… Don't be insane. Think about what you wanted to be treated like at that age? I don’t know. Loved? Praised for little things like pressing flowers or painting or…” He’s drawing blanks here. “I don’t know. That’s some of the things my sister and mother did. I just got tossed into pits and floodwaters and told to survive.” He glances to Loren then with a shrug, some pang of awkwardness and drunkenness slipping over toward Loren.

The question of Remi and Ronin in Torchline has him nodding, however, even if it tries to make the room spin. “Yeah. I gave them a house next door to me. They’ve turned it into the governor's house, so. That and I’m part of the government so I suppose it’s important I be somewhat near, yeah?” Not like Remi and Ronin needed the protection, but it was probably easier that way.
not a word from me
the Firebrand

Change author:
Smiling a bit sadly, Loren nodded slowly. "I know what you meant." He gave Sunjata an understanding and somehow embarrassed look. "I just meant...no matter how hard I try, I don't have the right baseline. Or I'll revert back into old habits without realizing it. Or...whatever." Letting out a frustrated noise the healer down the rest of the water.

Playing with the cup idly, he nodded again, expression still troubled. "Guess I won't be seeing much of you then." Although he tried to make it come out light and breezy, there was still a knot of unease and tension deep in his gut, a little bit of which spilled through their bond.
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!