deep, deep blue sea
for Nate
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
Focused on what’s above them, the Wraith keeps periodically looking down to make sure Nate is with her as they steadily rise. Whatever was down there, it doesn’t seem keen on entering the light. She may not be able to fix anything and saying that the Voice is something special seems half like rubbing their relationship in Nate’s face. Which is not what she wants to do, at all. Wessex just wants to usher her brother into a greater ah, understanding, if you will. Come with me and then ask her why.

If you want. No pressure. After all, he’s stood in her corner. She’ll stand in his. And two are better than one.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
I couldn't get the boy to kill me but I wore his jacket for the longest time
Nate's instincts are good enough to keep him from looking back down into the depths, to keep him from psyching himself out with something that is actually real. Instead, he looks up, towards the light that slowly begins to filter from above, and to Wessex, her offer. It's tempting, but at the same time, not, not really. There is temptation in the idea of answers, of an actual meeting with what is essentially his sire. It loses it's allure at the thought, nagging and frustrated, that though the meeting would be for his benefit, there would only be an answer because of Wessex. Or whomever accompanied him.

I'll think about it. Get all my questions in a nice little order, in case it's the only chance I get to ask them. Nate manages to actually make that sound like a joke, instead of a bitter snipe. Then, after a moment of quiet, of a squirming discomfort on Nate's end. Thank you. For the thought.
NATE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Nate can’t see it, but there’s a nod of acceptance at his thanks. You can always tell me to fuck off, you know. There’s the tiniest chuckle in the mind-link, and perhaps based on the amount of time they’ve spent together lately, he can imagine the spark in her eye. Wouldn’t be the first and wouldn’t be offended.

She does realize her tendencies to micromanage things. Or fix them. Even when people don’t want them to be fixed; to her credit she’s getting better at realizing when it’s not her problem, but the hero tendencies may never truly disappear. Light begins to filter down to them again, indicating that they’re nearing the surface - making the ascent much quicker and easier trip than the one down.
the hallelujah
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nate can't help the actual laugh that leaves him, a bubble trailing up past Wessex before his thoughts ring out again. I wouldn't tell you to fuck off Wessex. There's an amount of fake hurt pressed through with his words, though it was impossible to make it seem actually serious. I have enough respect for you to add a please in there somewhere.

Despite all his joking, it is kind of nice to have someone willing to look out for him, to try and offer some kind of help, even if it feels useless ultimately. It's probably the one thing he hasn't had any complaints for, regarding his ascension. The family he's now a part of. As light begins to dapple down on them, Nate kicks harder, racing Wessex to the surface.
NATE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
A please is better than she’d get from most, but Wessex would rather end on half a high note, so the demigod simply chuckles again and says, Same here, friend. Friend might be stretching it, but let’s all just enjoy how they didn’t get eaten by anything in the Maw and kinda-sorta bonded over hating Sam and all that jazz.

More or less letting Nate pass her (is she really? Who knows), Wessex breaks the surface just behind him, trading dark water for a twinkling sky and oh - good, the island and their boat is still there.

“Thanks for coming. If you ever want to punch Sam, I’ll hold ‘im for ya.” There’s a bit of a cheesy, twinkling half-smile before the Wraith turns and swims to the island, ready to head back to Torchline and finish her night… well, however Wessex usually finishes her nights.
the hallelujah
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Friend is a little warmer than he expected from Wessex, to be honest, and Nate isn't willing to fuck that up by making anymore jokes, not quite yet. The Demi-god is someone he wants on his side, as much as possible, and he's still not quite steady enough to know how far is too far to push something.

It isn't really a race since one of them isn't really competing, but that doesn't stop Nate from cheering in his mind when he crests the water first. He turns to face the other ascended when she breaks the surface, his grin only widening when he see's it's reciprocated. "I don't need that much of an advantage with him." Nate laughs, following Wessex to the sands. "I'll remember to invite you if it ever happens though, so you can watch."

The boat ride back to the mainland is far as silent as it was on their way out, but somehow more comfortable, more of an understanding between the two of them. A not needing to talk feeling, rather than a not knowing what to say one. Though Nate does offer her a nod, a See you around when they part ways properly, his feet turning him towards Aumakua.

Done~
NATE