Laugh With Me, Doll
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lirsi adored the colored displays, though she had to admit, she wasn't a fan of being sprayed by a geyser. Nevertheless, soaking wet, she had a wide grin on her face, as she stepped further into the Rainbow Road. The scent of geysers, the colors all around...

The spot brought memories back, trying to catch the colors in the water with her brother, their mothers' calling for them to come back, to leave the colors be. They'd never listened, not really. And she had not visited this place since her father had taken her. He'd kept her under his thumb for years until she learned her mothers' were dead.

That was the life of a smuggler, though. No point in building a family, when you might be taken out at any moment in time. She stood in place, studying the spread of color, her eyes flitting to watch a geyser spew water, and she laughed.

The sound was clear and amused, despite the thoughts wandering through her mind, mostly thoughts about how she wouldn't have a family, ever, if she had her way. She had loved living with her mothers', learning to be part of a crew on a ship, how to smuggle and steal, how to use words to talk people into things. But...

She had grown soft in her father's home; his type of crime was different than theirs. Less hands-on, more about information than items. She wasn't lying when she said his way of life set a better home up for family than the nomadic smuggling life.

She settled into the colored water, content to study the colors and contemplate what made them that way. She'd done this as a child, often.

Lily
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

It took Lily a day or two to settle on a plan for her first experiment with the perfume. She eventually settled on using it in Torchline first - where she would be a stranger and any results could be interpreted without personal bias. While there were plenty of men to choose from in the Grounds, she doesn’t want word of her antics getting out quite yet. Not until she knows how potent it is, how much to use when, etc. As the redhead applies the perfume sparingly to her wrists and under her ears, she can’t help the thrill of excitement that runs through her - this secret, this gift, the heat of Torchilne and oh, the beautiful sun-kissed people she saw there.

Taking enough with her to stay several days, she heads for the portal and then once she gets there, finds an inn and takes a room. The innkeeper is more than generous, pressing food and drink upon her and for a moment, Lily wonders if she should waited to apply the perfume until after arriving… oh well. Like she’d ever turn down free sustenance.

Assuring them that she’d be back, Lily shifts into her cat form and darts through the crowded streets, looking for a way to fresh air and the sea. It’s here that her feline senses are far more effective and she’s able to find the coastline fairly quickly - and with half the fuss of before. Shifting back to human, Lily strolls idly until she reaches the Rainbow Road, drawn in first by the steam  - but staying for the colors. Marveling silently at the beautiful, multi-hued expanse before her, she hears a bit of laughter and turns around to find a fellow redhead not too far off, enjoying the water in a way that Lily hadn’t thought to.

Heading towards the other woman, the entertainer offers a friendly smile when she’s close enough. “Hi. How’s the water?”

Not quite close enough for the scent to work yet, she tries to make idle conversation at first.

lily
as if you were on fire from within
the moon lives in the lining of your skin
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"It's nice," she commented, hardly put off that someone else had decided to enjoy the rainbow waters. After all, the more people who enjoyed the waters, the more fun it'd be, in her opinion. "How are you?" She questions, offering a smile to the other redhead.

Cute. She seemed really put-together. Unlike Lirsi, who was in the water, dressed in the skimpiest outfit she owned. Though Lirsi tended to think most people were more put-together than she was, so that was nothing new. She stood, studying the geysers and the water.

"What brings you to these parts? You don't look local." Though she could very well be, Lirsi had yet to travel all of Torchline and meet all of the people.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

As she hears that the water is nice, Lily grins and begins to shed her outer layer - shoes, skirt, shirt, to reveal amore skimpy outfit. So for those who are counting (or observing), that’s two redheads in skimpy outfits. “I’m fine, thanks. Happy to find a place that’s still warm!” Leaving her personal items neatly folded on the bank, away from the geysers and water, Lily sits on the edge and eases herself into the rainbow pool, unashamedly sighing in gratitude and delight at the soothing warmth.

Yes. Yes. This is what she’s been missing.

Her eyes close for a rapturous moment as she answers the next question. “I’m not, I’m from the Hollowed Ground. And elsewhere before that.” With a slight smile she opens her eyes again. “Just exploring. It’s getting cold at home and I hate winter.” It hadn't really occurred to the entertainer that she might leave the Ground for a season... but it does now and she files it away for something to be thought about later.

lily
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
a free bird soars, a caged bird sings
Lirsi watches the other woman shed her clothing, smirking slightly. "It won't stay terribly warm, but Torchline's a better place to be than that place," she states. She's avoided venturing to the Hollowed Grounds, because surely her brother would not have strayed from the seas. "You should stay here, for deepfrost," Lirsi states, absently.

She moves closer to her strange new friend, and offers out her hand. "I'm Lirsi." Somebody who hated winter, and was from another place prior to the Hollowed Grounds--so she had run into an Outlander.

Interesting.

"So, you're an outlander? What was your home before the Hollowed Grounds?" An innocent enough question. She was curious, after all.
shackled birds are trapped in illusions.
LIRSI

Code blatantly stolen from Sky. <3
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

Should she? The suggestion that she stay, her very thoughts voiced aloud produce a look of surprise. “I mean I’d thought about it, but hadn’t really thought about it.” It had always seemed to be a given that she would stay in the Grounds for LongNight, but there was that notice that Halo would be opening itself up to Grounders for all of Deepfrost. That sounds like hell on earth to Lily, but Torchline…. Eh, that could be fun.

“I don’t have a place to stay… do you think an Inn would give me a room in return for regular entertainment?” Leaning forward, she begins to grasp at the tendrils of the idea, pulling them together to form something more cohesive. Except, she’s being awfully rude - a tinkling of laughter falls from her mouth as she extends her hand to Lirsi’s. “Oh, sorry! I’m Lily.” Then a nod and a hum as she tries to figure out to how to explain Portsmouth to people. If they weren’t from her world it didn’t much matter, really.

“I’m from a place called Portsmouth. A town kinda like Haulani, but smaller. Ships, docks, sailors, you name it. But also very unlike Haulani. No magic or anything where I’m from.”

lily
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
Lirsi raised a brow, "Maybe? But I've got an extra room, if you'd like to use that." She didn't even know this girl, albeit pretty, Lirsi wasn't sure why she'd offered. Oh well, might as well keep the offer out there, rather than seem fussy to take it off the table.

Lirsi and Lily. "Oh. No magic? That's..." Magic permeated everything Lirsi knew. She'd grown up in a family of attuned. "What about Gods?" She inquires, leaning to study the woman. Surely there were Gods? "So your home is... Haulani without the magic? That's... sort of boring."

And seemingly impossible, if she was being honest.
LIRSI

Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

Oh. Oh. That is entirely unexpected.

Caught off guard, Lily’s face betrays her surprise. Just a flash of vulnerability. It’s quickly taken over by delight and she inches a bit closer. “Really? I mean that’s very kind, but you don’t have to.” She certainly doesn’t want Lirsi to offer because she feels bad for Lily. Not that she can’t imagine a Deepfrost could get rather interesting with two redheads in a house… but those are other thoughts for another day. Or night.

She shakes her head, moving to tie up her hair on top of her head with a piece of ribbon. It’s a messy hold but with the heat rising from the water, it’s necessary. No Magic. And as for Gods, there’s a little shrug. “One God, really. And we’ve never seen him. He has a son, but no one alive has seen him, either.” And of course, the recent-colonist doesn’t know about Jews or Hindus or Muslims, or Sikhs or Zoroastrians, or anything other than good ‘ol Christianity. “I’ve heard there are people in the world who worship more than one God, but that’s considered evil in my world.” She wrinkles her nose. Fuck those guys.

“No, I like it much better here. Caido is definitely better than… Earth.” Which is weird to say, because this still seems like ‘Earth’ to her. In a very broad sense.

lily
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
Lirsi grinned, "I don't mind."

And then she was listening, because the pretty redhead was describing the strangeness of her world, the world she had come from.

And proclaiming Caido better. "Caido does have its good side, doesn't it?" She joked, tucking her hair behind of her ear. "People here choose to worship... or not at all, but it's not considered evil." At least, not in her family, anyway.
LIRSI

Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

“Alright." If she insists, there's no reason to play polite and continue to refuse. "Looking forward to it,” Lily says, reflecting Lirsi’s grin. This could be a lot of fun…

In an attempt to change topics and shift it away from the shitty place that is colonial America, the entertainer takes a look around - at the pool, the steam, the colors. It’s like a painting come to life. Then her gaze flits back to her friend-in-the-making and she places her chin in the palm of her hand, striking a gently inquisitive pose. “So what do you like most about Torchline? And what do you do?”

You see, Lily can be the gracious host and the attentive guest. Now is the time to earn her future keep.

lily
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
Lirsi hummed, shrugging. "I... find things." She flashed a grin, her gaze wandering the rainbow waters. "Or people. Depends on what you're looking for. And then, I liberate said item."

When it came to what she liked the most about Torchline, she fixed her gaze on the pretty woman and hummed under her breath. That was a tricky question. "Well... I like the heat, the waters... the sense of family," Being a native of the area meant that she had family all over the place. Most of which were thieves and smugglers alike.

"It's, mmm, familiar. The most familiar place in Caido," at least to her.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

“Liberate?” Lily repeats, with a bit of an eyebrow raise at the end, questioning exactly what she means by that. After all, liberating people and liberating items are two very different things. Not that the entertainer judges, just that she’d like to know if she’s going to be living with a revolutionary or a thief because they require different prepared stories in case someone comes barging in, looking for her hot.

“Sounds nice,” Lily hums in agreement. “I kind of miss the familiar.” On one hand, life is a constant adventure - on the other hand - life is a constant adventure and maybe she doesn’t always want to go adventuring. And yet, here she is… Lily scoots a little closer, perhaps close enough for the other to begin to feel a little something from her perfume, if the wind was blowing the right way. “And what do you do for fun here?” she asks with a bit of a sultry croon in her voice.

lily
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
"Mmm, things from those who do not need them." She explained, with a smirk. When the woman crooned her inquiry, Lirsi shrugged.

"What everyone else does for fun, I guess." She leaned to cup the woman's face, humming. "What do you do for fun, pretty?"