a world that is dark and cold
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Her memories were beads jumbled loose in a box
Distressed and upset, Delta tried her best to swim away from the Shrine, trying to follow her senses and intuition to get back home. To find her way to safety. As she did so, she'd continue to call out, hoping that someone would hear her and help her... Her voice carried through the water, calling out in a distressed cry. "MARU. DAD. HELP ME." Her blindness was such a worry and it only caused her to stress more and more.

There were so many things that could go wrong and she willed herself not to cry... could she even cry anymore? She couldn't even dare to bring her hands to her face- not anymore. What if she got caught in a net? Surely, not everyone was kind. She could easily be used as a bartering tool and only put her father in danger. Without her eyes, how was she to even defend herself? Already, she was struggling to find her way home in the vast sea.

All she could do was hope that her dad heard her pleas and would come to her rescue. And if not? Looks like she's all alone.

Maru
unstrung
DELTA
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Age: 40 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MARU
listen carefully to the sound of your loneliness
like a heartbeat that drives you mad
Of course he is home, in the wake of Torchline's recent fiery drama. It is purely fate and luck that have led him to explore the outside gates of their kingdom however, stretching his tentacle limbs and checking on the guards that rotate throughout the hours. They greet him with deference, and he returns it in kind, proud of his people and what they have built here. The serenity is sharply broken when one such guard speeds towards him through the dark waters, something frantic in her eyes. All he needs to hear is 'your daughter' and he is shooting off in her given direction, ears straining and heart pounding.

Her cries are heard swiftly with how quickly he tears through their borders to find her, and once they are in range he is immediately returning her call to help ease the terror he can hear so plainly in her voice. I am coming. I am coming my love, what has happened? His own words are disjointed, wanting to both comfort and inquire at the same time, to figure out what he should be preparing for as her form becomes more than a dark discrepancy beneath the water. In moments Maru is there, wrapping her up in arms and tentacles alike to hold her close to his breast where she is undoubtedly safe. Only when he has visually swept for any signs of threat on the horizon does he gently release her to look over her for injuries, confused when he does not see any. What's wrong? Delta, speak to me. He keeps his tone crooning and comforting despite the worry that buds in his chest, unwilling to scare her more.
in the stillness of remembering what you had
and what you lost
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The first one to hear her pleads wasn't her father, but it was someone she could trust. The guard was quick to leave and find her father, but that didn't make Delta feel any calmer. Without her sight, she felt alone. It was so open and she currently had no perception of where she even was. It was terrifying and horrific. The only moment she was able to ground herself was when she heard her father's voice calling out to her.

That was the moment where she was able to breathe, but even then she was trying as hard as she could to not sob. Before she knew it, a strong pair of arms wrapped around her, followed by the feeling of tenticles. Letting out a pained sob, Delta grasped onto her father, not wanting to let go for fear of being left alone, drifting off into nothingness.

It was safe to assume that her father had tried to inspect her, which she wouldn't know if it worked. She wasn't a fan of him pulling away and grasped for him arm, hoping to hold onto something for reassurance. It was hard to speak, but she needed to get it out. I cant see- I cant see anything. She tried to look towards where his voice came from, praying that maybe she'd be able to see him, but most likely she was looking just off from his eyes. Her body trembled and her grip on his arm tightened ever so slightly, not wanting to let go. I wanted to pray to the gods- I-I don't know what I did wrong. What had she done wrong? Did the gods do this to her as a punishment? Was something evil afoot?
unstrung
DELTA
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Age: 40 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MARU
Maru holds his daughter close as she breaks apart within his grasp, shuddering and crying as if struck by the arrow of grief anew. He is left grasping at straws as to what could be wrong, staring helplessly down at this child he loves who has grown enough to leave the safety of his offered shelter. For a moment all his fears and unfairness seem justified in the light of this sour turn of events.

Her admission has his pitch eyes lifting to hers, the off-center gaze telling him all he needs to know. Sensing her distress, he sidles closer and firms his grip upon her, a silent way of letting her know that he will not abandon her to the darkness that she sees. Hush, child. A soft, murmured comfort as he sends feelings of peace and love down the link between them. Lifting a hand to brush over her hair. There are more than just the Gods in this world, Delta. It is not a sign they have forsaken you. It may pass with time, but if it does not we will fix it. I promise. Even if it involves seeking out the gods himself.
and what you lost
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
It was only when she heard those two simple words that she tried to steady her breathing, tried to steady the racing thoughts and feelings that were crashing into her like a tsunami. Steadying her breath, she tried to calm down, paying attention to anything else that she could pick up. It was hard,  especially when all she could see was darkness, but the touch of her father allowed her to feel grounded. She was there, she wasn't going to float away into the depths. He had her and she was safe.

He continued to speak and though his words helped her ever so slightly, she still felt scared and worried. Once he was seemingly done, she tried to speak once more, hoping she was calmer this time. That she was able to relax no matter how much her body screamed to run, to hide, to be afraid. How- How do I know who did it? What if I brought the wrong offering? Her heart started to quicken, pounding in her ears and drowning out most of the sound around her. I brought them offerings- the gods. One for each... but then- but then they clumped together and they...they attacked me." She closed her eyes tightly and leaned into his touch, taking heavy breaths to calm herself down, to stop herself from sobbing or throwing up or something. To go against the instincts screaming against her.
unstrung
DELTA
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Change author:
MARU
Slowly she begins to calm, and he croons softly to encourage it. Letting the vibrations hum through the water in one of the few vocalizations they can manage beneath the surface, akin to whalesong. Sounds he has made to help lull her to sleep since she could fit in the crook of his arm.

Maru is certainly no expert on the Gods, but the smugglers and ship captains have always been wealths of information. He draws on this, reluctant to appear stressed or confused lest Delta draw on those emotions. He must be her rock right now. Any offering when given sincerely is not likely to be turned away, even if the God does not visit. It doesn't sound normal. Not that he has a better explanation than that of course, but he will do his own research immediately. You have done nothing to earn their anger. I am confident it will subside. And if not, then Maru intends to tear the kingdom apart to find a cure.
and what you lost
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The light song that Maru started to sing had only helped to calm Delta down. She leaned in forward and occasionally hummed as well, harmonizing with him as her eyes fluttered closed, despite that she had no reason to close them. Memories flooded back and she finally felt at peace.

His words continued to allow her to calm down, reassuring her that all would eventually be well. The biggest concern to Delta was her current relationship with the gods. The attack of the offerings had been horrific and to know that this was out of the gods hands only made her relax more. It was heartbreaking to even consider that the gods may hate her. Such important figures and she hadn't even seen one for herself. When is it the right time to pray to them once more? Or... is it not in my destiny to see them? She wanted with all her heart to see these gods for herself, to receive their blessings and feel their presence... and Maru reassured her that she hadn't done anything wrong... and all she could do was hope that he was right.

I hope you are right... I just wish I knew what caused it... why it happened to me. Of course the curious mermaid wanted to know why. She wanted so many answers, but she also knew that Maru wouldn't be able to provide any for the time being.
unstrung
DELTA
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Change author:
MARU
Beneath song and touch she begins to calm, enough to start asking the questions that are a facet of her personality. Even when in pain and fearful of the world, she is still so curious, so inquisitive. It will surely age Maru prematurely. It is not like you to give up so soon, daughter. Especially with how she had wriggled her way into various types of trouble throughout her youth. Not that it shows any sign of stopping. We will wait and see if it resolves itself. And then you will try again. The Gods are forces of nature, it is unlikely they care enough to exclude you solely from their sides. For all Maru's respect and devotion to Rae, he is aware that he is nothing more than a small blip on their radar.

With lack of anything else to say to try and comfort her, he pulls her into another hug, suckers on a few tentacles popping playfully against her skin in a way he used to do to amuse her in her childhood. They will figure it out, of that he is certain.

- FIN
and what you lost