meet me on the battlefield
Sunjata
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
The praise made her puff up like a small balloon, and the approving nod he gave her made her straighten her little back with pride. It was such a small thing, just a few words and some acknowledgement, but it meant the world to her all the same.

She let go of his leg without complaint, and stood beaming up at him. The fluffy ears he had made caused her fingers to itch, but of course she knew he wouldn't let her pet them. There were limits to what he allowed from her, and she didn't push them too much. Hugs were one thing.

"Sneaking is fun!" she told him, as if it wasn't obvious already. "Is there more I can do?" Enthusiastic, always so very eager to do more. Learn more, play more.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
all that we got is a dream and a glock and we don't believe anything that they say
His ears flicker again as he regards her, at the chime in her voice as he offers her a small smile and a nod. “It is. It’s useful too.” Gods, he wonders what Safrin might think if she finds out he’s been teaching her how to sneak around. But he pushes the thought from his mind to focus on her follow up question – brows furrowing together to see what else she could do.

And really? This whole, not being great with kids or knowing too much of what they like, is starting to wear on him. He’s already exhausted all the other options he knows, having supplied them already for her enjoyment. So he maneuvers back into the bar, holding the door open for her to follow him in, as he gestures to the rest of the boxing ring. “There’s another game called ‘I spy’.” He offers, something along the lines of the sneaking game – something easy where he likely wouldn’t have to pay too much attention to entertaining her if she’s busy picking out something to ‘spy’.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
Useful? She didn't know how it might be, except for spooking on Father. But she supposed it was use enough. Trailing back inside, following after Sunjata like a particularly fond duckling, she waited expectantly for the next game. When it came, her reaction was... not excited. Actually, her expression fell, and without her usual exuberance Seren found an upturned bucket at slumped down onto it.

"I know that game. Letha taught me. Sunjata... is Ascended bad people?" She plucked abstracted at her clothes, troubled by remembering the kind lady and the sharp, sharp teeth in her mouth.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
all that we got is a dream and a glock and we don't believe anything that they say
He doesn’t expect her to deflate as he airs the idea of the next game. But she finds a bucket to sit on, and he leans against the counter on the inside, pulling up a barstool of sorts left behind to sit on when it seems she wants a moment to rest and relax before doing something else. The question, however, that leaves her lips has him focusing on her a bit more – ears wavering in uncertainty of what might have brought that idea up.

He rubs absently at his neck again, drawing a deep breath of air. “No, they’re not.” Sunjata says easily, despite knowing her father and her mother would likely have other thoughts on the matter. Honestly, he wasn’t the best person to ask about it… But in the end he always chose to find who people were on the inside, through their minds, versus what their race was. If anything, he kind of related to it with his time in Korofi, and a slight frown begins to form on his face. “Why do you ask?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Chewing on her lip, Seren watched the floor. A few ants crawled across it, one of them dragging along a dead fly. It was twice the size of the ant, but it kept struggling on all the same.

"Mama said the Voice is bad," she replied quietly, "and that Ascended do as she says. But Letha was nice. I liked her. Will Mama be mad if I become friends with her?" It was the same thing as wanting to be friends with Loren even though it might make Father sad. Or mad. And Seren didn't know what to do.

Looking up, she sought Sunjata's gaze, hoping he might have some answer she couldn't see. He was a grown up, and her best friend. Surely he had answers for everything.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s a slight nod of understanding as she begins, mentioning that Safrin told her the Voice was bad. But how she liked Letha, someone Sunjata hadn’t met yet… But the idea of her mother being mad at her if she made Ascended friends resonates something with him as he frowns and swallows against what kind of implication the anger of Safrin might have for something like this. He doesn’t know how she’d react, he didn’t know his goddess all that well to be able to guestimate.

The Voice… Did a lot of bad things a long time ago.” He begins to explain, a muscle feathering in his jaw. “But some of the Ascended’s that arrive here are Ascended by no fault of their own. They just… Popped in that way. I don’t think they’re to blame if they didn’t have a choice in the matter, do you? As for the rest who had chosen to...” He asks with a tilt of his head, some kind of awkwardness overcoming him as he thinks of those that had changed, like Nate, and some kind of stone begins to settle in his stomach.

I’m friends with a few Ascended.” He offers instead, swallowing hard and rubbing at his neck again, resting his hand on the back of it as he sighs through his nose. “I’m not sure how much your mother knows of that, but... I tend to judge people by... What’s inside.” He taps at his chest, over his heart, where an arrow tattoo sits beneath the shirt he wears. “Makes things easier that way, don’t you think?
SUNJATA
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Listening as he spoke, Seren nodded to the bit she understood, about the Voice doing bad things. Mother had said as much, if perhaps not much else. But she didn't know that some Ascended didn't choose to be that way, or that Sunjata had friends among them. It made her feel a bit better, but the girl still worried about what Mother might say.

"I want to be friends with Letha," she said softly. "And with Loren too. They are nice, and not bad. But if that makes Mama and Daddy sad and angry... will I be bad?" It was not good to do things that made others sad and hurt, Seren knew that. That's what made people bad. And she really did not want to be.

Letha's sad eyes as Seren left was still nagging at her though. And Loren's trembling smiles when she had to go inside when Father called lingered with her. It felt like she was hurting someone no matter what she did.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Seren’s quiet comment doesn’t help alleviate any of the worries that Sunjata feels for this particular conversation, wondering how much she might slip to her mother about his own interactions as a means of justifying it. And so he simply remains calm, running a hand through his hair, snagging on dark fuzzy ears that waver in continued uncertainty. And her follow up question only sends home exactly the type of conversation he doesn’t want to have.

So he inhales deeply, lips forming a slight frown as he contemplates the idea of Seren keeping secrets or simply being open about it and making her own decisions as she got older. But right now? Right now she was too easily influenced, and that complicated things quiet a lot as well. “I think that’s a question only your father can answer.” He finally says to her, offering her a small weak smile. “Ask him what he thinks about it.
SUNJATA
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Ah, it was a response she was familiar with. 'Ask your dad,' it was what they all told her. Fortunately, she was not yet old enough to rebel against that necessity, and so she merely sighed and nodded, wishing Ronin was there right away so she didn't have to wait.

But it was because he was not that she got to play with Sunjata, so it wasn't all bad. Her return smile to him was small but sweet. "Thank you," she said, warm as can be. "You really are nice. What do you want to do?" It was as much an offer as a question, the consideration of a child in leaving the option open for anything at all. He had made her happy for a long while now, and answered questions, so the least she could do was give him back the reins.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her thanks and the return smile she gives him help alleviate the difficulties of that conversation. And he sits back a small amount on the barstool, looking around the bar at what other reparations he needs to make, what other things he has to do to ensure it’s running fine. At least the ash has settled and is easy to clean up. But her question isn’t exactly answered in ways that might be fun for a small child, so he inhales a bit deeply and returns his tired steel gaze back to her with a small smile.

I’m not exactly sure. I have to clean up a bit around here from the volcano. But that’s not exactly fun, is it?” He asks her with a small huff of a laugh. It certainly wasn’t fun in his mind.
SUNJATA
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren stood from her improvised little bucket chair. "No, cleaning is not very fun," she agreed, rather precocious in her tone. "But I can help you anyway. We can have fun after." She came over and made to pat his hand in a gesture she meant as sympathetic, but perhaps came off a touch patronizing. Especially with that commisserating little smile; ah, Seren knew very well the pains of cleaning. Especially her room. But it just had to be done, or no snacks, right?

Regardless, she seemed fully intent on being helpful. Games or no games, she was determined to be the best friend she could be to her pirate, and since she was too small to do anything else like drink and fight and have deep therapy talks this really seemed like the best option available.

So with her usual optimistic expression, the girl looked around for something she could do. Sweep the floor maybe, or wipe tables, or something else a small girl might manage on her own.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Alright.” He offers, pushing off from the barstool to tuck it back in under the counter and turn to her. He grabs a broom nearby, a pan to have her hold once he gets the piles in order. “So we’ll start with picking up the big stuff and putting it in the bin over there, yeah? And then you can hold the pan.” He offers, gesturing to the bits and pieces of paper and feathers left behind from Haai that need to be cleaned up.

Then, he begins to sweep some of the left behind ash that had drifted inward, trying to clean up as much of it as possible and clean the sand where he could, to ensure that he can keep it as clean as possible. And with her help and the sweeping mostly done – the bag he was working on earlier still seemed to hold up – everything worked out relatively easy, even if it was fairly boring.

- FIN
SUNJATA