think of me fondly
one post only
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
Another year, another lantern.

The first: small, silver, hastily made. She hadn't had the time she would have liked to construct Maea's lantern, but the finished product is adequate, a simple globe of silver silk lit brightly from within. "May Ludo keep you ever in its embrace," she whispers, an earnest prayer for her lost friend.

The second: green crepe paper with a wooden trim, simple and modest but sculpted by hands clearly accustomed to the work. It bears small images of cakes and scones, and flutters lightly in the breeze. "May you find peace in Mort's love, Peter," she murmurs with a smile.

And then there is the third one. A labor of love and loss, the lantern has gone through a few transformations, never quite right in her eyes. In this final iteration it is a thing of gold and red and black, vibrant and eye-catching just like him.

As she hangs it, Amalia sighs.

"Hey, idiot." The fondness in her voice is evident, softening any suggestion of malice behind the words. "I miss you every day. The wedding is coming up and I have no idea what I'm doing." The lanterns bob and sways on their strings, casting shadows on her angular face. The red one, though, is still in her hands. "I'm sure you're having a great time up there. You and Peter and Coffee and Apricum... I hope you're all happy."

Pressing the soft lantern against her forehead, Amalia sighs, lowering her voice. "I don't know if I ever thanked you for everything. For being you, and for being my friend. And I don't know if I ever... ever really said sorry. Properly. I'm so sorry we didn't have more time. I'm sorry I couldn't have been stronger for you. At least you went out a hero, right? Guns blazing, fighting a dragon, holding your damsel in your arms..."

There are tears on her face as she trails off. Transferring the lantern to one hand, she wipes the back of her hand across her eyes. The lump in her throat is hard to swallow. "Just... don't forget me, okay? While you're partying with Mort and seducing Peter and being a bandit or whatever... remember me. Just once in a while. 'Cus I think about you all the time."

Finally the moment can wait no longer: it is time for her to let go. Carefully lighting the flame within, Amalia holds the lantern up as it flickers and dances and sputters and glows. It's clenched so tight between her fingers she wonders if she'll ever be able to release it, to let it float into the sky among those already set free-

"I love you, Adam. See you soon."

And with those words she unhands the lantern, watching wistfully as it takes flight and joins the others that dance through the night, winking merrily among the stars.
you're breaking your own heart