the same place twice
For Nate!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Gritting his teeth, Amun finally nodded, just once. "Fine. Just...try to keep it civil around the rest of the family?" That was really all he cared about, at this point.

Shaking his head at Nate's words, the potter just sighed. "This is why I didn't want to tell you to begin with." As the doctor went on, Amun just threw up his hands. "Alright. You're perfect and I'm a dick. Forget I said anything."

With that, he began to stalk off again. This conversation had gone exactly as he'd expected. His expression and mood, already dark, had clearly soured further. At least seeing the Voice would cheer him up.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
So you drink your day away till the liquor in your mouth laughs
They still hadn't come to any kind of agreement, but the request Amun makes is one Nate can honour. "Sure." He replies easily. "I can be civil with him." A pause, so he can grin wide, feeling like some kind of progress has come. "In front of the rest of you, at least."

It seemed they would only solve one problem tonight though, the conversation growing too heated too quickly. "That's not what I'm fucking trying to say!" Nate protests, not sure how they'd gotten to this point, but just as fed up with it as the other man was. His intention had been to help, to try and change whatever it was he did that had soiled his image in the eyes of his fellow ascended, but he wasn't going to sit here and argue the fact when it was clear he was talking to a brick wall.

It was a mess of miscommunication, and Nate wasn't going to engage in it. He crosses his arms and stares at Amun's back, until the potter disappears into the haze of rain. And he stands there for a long moment past that, going over the conversation in his head, trying to figure out where it had broken down so badly.

End~
NATE