Plot Advancing PQ The omnivore's dilemma
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
It’s not that she isn’t happy to be quickly getting rid of the cannibal horde, it’s that Loren had to play the hero to do it, in such a grand way. Fucking Launceleyns.

Using the now dead Ursur as cover, Wessex again turns to her bow and arrow - call it a skill test for herself, if you will, as she is loathe to always rely on magic. Moving to where she can easily pop up (perhaps climbing up on a leg or something) from behind its back, she delivers a biopulse to any of the cannibal horde if they’re within her radius and then begins to try and pick them off one by one, firing arrows into the remaining group with, hopefully, much better aim than they have.

---------------------

Using the dead Ursur as a shield, Wessex aims a biopulse to the remaining cannibal horde and then tries to pick them off with arrows.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
ZARIAH
An icy cold glare is shot over at Loren who apparently forgot how group battles worked. Sending in a dragon to charge right in the way of everyone's attacks? "Seems you've got this handled, Loren, if you're going to play stupid. We'll just let you handle this then." Zariah called out, crossing her arms.

She would keep an eye out to dodge enemy attacks, but if Loren was going to get in the way to prove how oh-so special and helpful he was, by all means.

Zariah is a petty bitch (per a coin toss) and focuses her energy on dodging attacks this round.
this is who we are, a product of war
BASE STOLEN FROM SKY<3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
neron
Zariah seems to have it handled, this whole railing on Loren business, so Neron swallowed down his rising frustration to focus instead on ending this and getting back home again.

So whilst the Archmage weaved and dodged and Wessex picked on the rest of the cannibal horde, Neron turned his attention to the one focusing Zariah (read: cannibal 2) and targeted it with a lance of ice.

Summoning it up and launching it through the air, Neron hoped to take the cannibal down before it got close enough to hurt anyone.

Neron focuses on Cannibal 2, trying to bring them down with a spear of ice.
you're so cold, put your hand in mine

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Morgan let out a hiss of frustration as her warhammer missed it's target, though she was relieved to hear the arrow that was shot go flying past her. Reaching out her arm she would try to summon her warhammer back through her telekinesis magic, hoping to smash it into the back of the cultist's head as he approached, with considerable force. In preparation for the hit, she took some steps back, slowly to be sure she wouldn't fall off the small bit of ground they had.
--
Morgan drags her hammer back to herself via telekinesis through the air, trying to hit the cannibal in the back of the head this time.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Admittedly, Loren's dragon was more of a hinderance than a help. However, he rolled his eyes at Zariah's words. "Seriously?" His voice and expression were both fully incredulous.

Cover blown, he stood up. Waving a hand at the dragon, he dismissed it. "Sorry. I made an honest mistake." Glaring at Zariah, he raised his hands to begin casting another spell. "Happy?"

Then he tapped into his water magic. He sent a spear of ice towards the first cannibal, which had evaded his summoning and Morgan's war hammer. Hopefully this more precise magic would actually manage to score a hit on their enemy, and they could finish the job with minimal infighting.

Loren throws a spear of ice at Cannibal 1
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Before the cannibals have a chance to focus on the group – most notably Loren and Zariah – Wessex’s biopulse hits them, causing them to stagger and reach for their heads. The horde nearby also begin to sway, making it easy for Wessex to pick off a few with her arrows. A couple arrows from the back zip toward the group, missing them entirely as the disruption hits their bodies.

Perhaps the bickering might distract others, but it doesn’t distract Neron from his attack. The spear of ice hits the second in command, piercing him through the chest as he crumbles to the ground. Morgan, in her attempt to hit the cannibal in the back of the head as the warhammer flies through the air back to her is foiled as the cannibal gets disoriented, whizzing past him and landing in Morgan’s hand without a hit.

Loren, perhaps following his brother’s lead and thought process, also throws a spear toward the other cannibal – the leader – and this one also hits. It pierces the disoriented cannibal in the shoulder, an unmistakable scream of pain and fury leaving his lips as he tries to recover from the biopulse and focus on Loren, missing the arrow he launches toward the summoner.

The rest of the horde recovers, however, and begins to siege again.

---------

Enemy HP:
Cannibal 1: 41/200
Cannibal 2: 0/50
Cannibal horde: 30/100
Ursur: 0/210

Wessex HITS
Zariah dodges
Neron HITS
Morgan MISSES
Loren HITS

Cannibal two is dead as well as the Ursur. Please summarize what your character does at the bottom of the post. You have 48 hours to reply.

REMINDER: This PQ+’s level is medium-difficult, which means it can/will be dangerous and there is the possibility of permanent harm/death.

Randomly determined post order:
1. Wessex: 160/160
2. Zariah: 190/210
3. Neron: 75/75
4. Morgan: 72/75
5. Loren: 234/234
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
Even if Wessex internally griped about Loren’s lack of team battle skills, Zariah bowing out when she could have easily taken someone else out is just as terrible. She peeks out from behind the Ursur and silently sends an arrow in the petty bitch’s direction, aiming for her thigh. With the rest of the arrows flying around, she would be surprised if anyone noticed it came from her.

And if they did, they might commiserate. The woman deserves it. Shame she didn’t slip off the bridge earlier.

In fact, she puts her bow away entirely, noting that the arrows were only slightly effective compared to magic, and she darts out from behind the carcass to try and join Neron again, intending to lend her magic copying skills to whatever he decides to throw at their opponents.

-----------------

Wessex does a sneak arrow attack at Zariah for being a petty bitch, then fires a biopulse towards the remaining horde and joins Neron and copies whatever magic he uses.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
neron
This was getting stupid now. Arrows flew, bodies fell, and things continued on their chaotic way. And Neron thought he'd speak for everyone involved if he said he'd had enough. So as Wessex joined him, he gave a quiet nod. "You and I can take him out," he said, gesturing to the leader (aka Cannibal 1). "Morgan, Loren, go for the horde!"

Without further delay, the Hailstorm summoned yet more ice, looking to shower his target in dagger-sharp shards of it, puncturing and wounding and - hopefully - taking him down. And if not, Wessex could follow up at least.

Neron advises for he and Wessex to go for Cannibal 1, while Loren and Morgan go for the horde. He fires a barrage of ice shards at the cannibal.
you're so cold, put your hand in mine

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
As much as Morgan was used to being the one giving orders out on the field, Neron was the Warden (for now) so she followed his instruction. Raising her arms she created a huge horizontal wall of water above the heads of the horse, heavy enough to make her hands shake with the effort of keeping it up: then let it drop.

Heavy and forceful enough to snap the necks of the cannibals if it caught them on the top of the head, she hoped this might end the problem for good.

--
Morgan uses her mastered water magic to drop a huge amount of heavy water onto all the cannibals heads.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
The cannibals were persistent, Loren would give them that. However, they were also clearly outmatched, given all the magic being flung at them. Even his own momentary lapse of judgment with the dragon hadn't really set back their efforts.

Narrowing his eyes, he nodded at Neron's commands, glad someone was actually taking charge here. The healer called on his water magic once again. Icicles the size of spears formed in the air in front of him, points deadly sharp.

He sent them winging into the crowd of cannibals that made up the bulk of the horde. His mouth was twisted into a snarl, and a low growl that wouldn't have been out of place in his shift rumbled from his throat.

Loren throws ice spears into the cannibal horde.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Wessex, perhaps being sneaky and attempting to shoot an arrow at Zariah, misses as the Archmage dodges it. But the Wraiths biopulse does hit, and it rocks like a wave through the cannibal horde, taking them out in a slow motion of what almost seems like dominos.

Neron, on the other hand, seems to shower not just the cannibals, but also the party as well. A few surface wounds shouldn’t be the end all be all, right? Morgan seems to have similar luck when it comes to her attempt with the cannibal horde, as they all fall briefly before her water has a chance to do anything other than freeze the bodies to the floor, encasing them in ice with the drop in temperature.

And Loren, perhaps focusing on the cannibal hoard as it falls does grant him some luck, as his icicles miss the horde and impale cannibal 1 through the chest, killing him almost instantly.

Then? Then there’s only silence and the groaning of the ice around them, the crackling of flame within the tunnels.

---------

Enemy HP:
Cannibal 1: 0/200
Cannibal 2: 0/50
Cannibal horde: 0/100
Ursur: 0/210

Wessex HITS the hoard and Cannibal 1 with her biopulse.
Zariah DODGES Wessex’s arrow.
Neron MISSES Cannibal 1.
Morgan MISSES the cannibal horde.
Loren MISSES the cannibal horde but HITS Cannibal 1.

Congratulations! The cannibals have been wiped out, and the PQ+ is finished!