Memory is the scribe of the soul.
for Delphia

Age: 24 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"You need only ask the spirits of the Greatwood to find me and I will come," she'd said. Quanil was fairly certain she hadn't meant the Fae. So they decided to wander a bit and enjoy the strange, almost feral beauty of the Greatwood until the "spirit moved them," so to speak, to call out. They strode carefully, mindfully, staff in hand, just in case.

When they came across a pool that looked like wine (or watery blood), the spirit quite definitely moved them to call out for the person they were seeking, if for no other reason than that they didn't want to be alone in this disconcerting place.

"Um, so. Hello, Miss Delphia ? A-are you... around? And, uh, available to talk? It's me, Quanil, one of the Loreseekers? We met at the Festival of Lights this year, and you said I could come talk with you." They paused a moment, and then added, as a reminder, "L-Ludo sent me on a quest, and said I have to talk with you."
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
The response would not be instantaneous. No, in fact, it would take some time. The Crimson Cataract was a bit away from where the demigoddess made her home, and spirits moved at their own pace. But eventually, the trees began to stir, slowly parting as someone approached. Noneother than Delphia herself, her cat sith kitten perched contentedly on her shoulder.

"Hello, Quanil. You came to speak with me at Ludo's behest?" she said, the corners of her eyes crinkling with a smile that did not reach her lips. Though she was now present, it was unlikely his disconcerted feelings would abate - Delphia had a rather haunted vibe being the daughter of death after all.
Death has nothing to do with going away
the sun sets and the moon sets
but they're not gone

Age: 24 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
They waited.

They thought about speaking again. Leaving crossed their minds more than once, but no, they wouldn't. This was a quest, and it was for Miss Maea and her wish for them, and they were going to stay.

They were just getting calm, getting to accept the strange-colored water when the trees began to... move. And not with the wind.

When she actually appeared, Quanil jumped a little, then cleared their throat and bowed just a little. "Hello, Miss Delphia. Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. I, uh." Their attention caught on the kitten. "And hello to your companion, too." They smiled and waved at it.

"Ludo sent me to," and they quoted, because it was etched in their memory, "'learn more of death, of memory, of Maea's departure.' Because, y'see, Miss Maea was my friend, and I wasn't there when she... passed, but I wanted to honor her death and her last wish for me. I've seen to the other tasks Ludo set me. Now, there's only this."
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHIA
The Cat Sith merely blinked at the man, wide green eyes watching him with curiosity. But Tishy was indeed a cat, and really only so much acknowledgement could be expected from such a creature.

Delphia's head tilted slightly as the man spoke, listening to his request. "Death, memory, and Maea's departure. Quite the long list you have been given." she said, laughing lightly. Far too big a list to cover in one conversation she thought...perhaps the soul guide was sending this fellow on an insurmountable goose chase? "Is there somewhere in particular you would like to begin?" she asked.
but they're not gone

Change author:
They considered that. "What I'm most curious about is what happened to Miss Maea. Before this, I would have thought I had a good grasp on death and memory, having grown up in the Hollowed Ground, but telling a god 'no' generally goes poorly." They cleared their throat.

"So, I'm sure it's not a pleasant topic, but... how did she die, Miss Delphia?" They sat down on the shore of the blood-like water, laid their staff horizontally in front of them, and looked up to her expectantly.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
She quirked a smirk, her head tilting slightly. "I have always had a very hard time understanding why people say that - that death is an unpleasant topic. Why is it? Why would it be? Is it not the most glorious of things, knowing those we have loved most deeply leave this place for eternal rest and contentment with Mort?" she asked, shaking her head just a bit. And even if he had an answer for it, likely she would still not understand. Not until one felt the deep love Mort had to give would any understand why the notion was so poorly constructed.

"Maea was eaten by a ghost whale in Torchline and drowned." she said, shrugging ever so slightly.
but they're not gone

Change author:
Their eyebrows quirked. "I never thought of it like that. It's just... we miss the departed. Miss Maea was my friend and she was friends with so many, and we all miss seeing her here, with us. Maybe it's selfish."

They blinked again at the description of what had befallen Miss Maea. "Eaten and drowned?" They frowned. "It just... I dunno, it sounds weird. Not even 'cause it's two things but also because... because I can see her so clearly standing along the shoreline, the water pulling away from her feet to reveal that pretty conch shell she picked up, and... I'm not saying you're mistaken or anything, Miss Delphia. I'm sure that's how it happened. But it's so hard to reconcile with the last image I have of her."
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
"It is selfish." she corrected, though not harshly but with surety. She smiled at him warmly, shaking her head. "It is selfishness born from desire, from not knowing when we will once again be filled with the joy the brought us, from fear of that which is not understood." she said, staring off into the woods a bit distantly. "But recognizing this is the first step in growing. That you reached the conclusion on your own is a credit to you." she said, glancing at him again, a glint of curiousness in her eye.

"Tell me...what is it you think of dear Ludo?" she asked.

She was silent as he spoke, trying to come to terms with the answer she had given, as bluntly as she had with everyone else. "Your memory of her in life is important. Let it next be shaken." she said at length. "But death is the reconciliation of life. It is what balances the world; and why it is important to accept it alongside your memories as difficult as it may be."
but they're not gone

Change author:
They smiled just a little at the small praise, but their expression turned thoughtful once they were posed a question. "I haven't spoken with Ludo very much, but Miss Maea and Ludo were friends. And Ludo's been nice to me so far. And it's good to gather the spirits of the fallen up and make sure they get to Mort. That's a good thing." They nodded in agreement with themselves.

"I thought I accepted death pretty easily, living in the Hollowed Ground. I know it's necessary. But it's harder when it's someone you know and care about. Hard to give them up." They were quiet a moment and added, "But I know Ludo took her to Mort. So, that's good."
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
All very logical reasons for liking the herald, Delphia thought, nodding slowly as the man described his reasons. It always surprised her how practical humans could be despite being so emotionally driven. "All good reasons to be fond of them." she said with a warm smile.

But her head tilted slightly as they went on, laughing a little at the absurdity of his implications. "You say that as though you owned them. You cannot lose that which you never had." she said with a laugh. "Memories, however, are all your own. In memories, these people live for the span of your lifetime. It is why they are so precious." she explained.
but they're not gone