Training it's a little bit funny (open)
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Shrugging, Amun gave Wessex an understanding look. "You're not wrong." Tone wry, he shook his head. "But it doesn't really impact us. Plus the Voice wouldn't have agreed to it if she didn't think it was important." If nothing else, he had faith in their goddess.

Grinning, he nodded. "It'll be fun and useful, promise." He sounded more than a bit excited now that he had a plan.

However, he hesitated when she asked what it was he actually wanted. Finally, he sighed. "I know it's stupid, and honestly, I'm happy with what I have. I'm just so sick and tired of having to justify being an Ascended to everyone when the old gods and their followers have been just as bad, if not worse." His jaw feathered with tension. "I get that history is written by the victors, but it pisses me off."
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
Does it truly not affect them? On that point, they can agree to disagree, and there’s really no use trying to prove a point when they’re on the same team. Wessex shrugs noncommittally and declines to further that tangent of conversation, preferring to switch their focus solely to Amun and what he wants - either to accomplish or be.

The answer is both surprising and not, causing the Wraith to nod slowly in recognition of her own feelings. “It’s shit, isn’t it? I just keep trying to work on the Outlanders that come in, on finding Naturals outside of the Grounds who may not truly care one way or the other.” Exhaling needlessly, probably in exasperation, an idea begins to form. “Well… what if… you focused on that? I can maybe fill in whatever gaps there are and you and, I don’t know, Clem, maybe -” (because everyone likes Clem) “- could work on presenting us and Her in a good light?” The way that some do lectures on the Old Gods, so could they do a presentation on the New Gods.

“Doesn’t fix the fact that we shouldn’t have to do something like this, but -” But there’s no sense in just laying down and taking it. And if he doesn’t want to do something like that, there’s surely something else.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Sighing, Amun nodded. "Yup. Pretty shitty." As Wessex explained what she'd been doing, then asked him to help her, he raised his eyebrows. "Yeah. Yeah, Clem and I can do that." A slow, but bright, grin spread across his lips. "It would be my pleasure." He looked more like his old self than he had in a long time.

Reaching out, he clasped her shoulder. "And I promise that one day we won't have to do this." Chuckling, he smirked. "Or at least people will give the Attuned as much shit about the old gods as they give us about the Voice." His tone was wry, and his expression was wicked.
AMUN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
To be honest, she’s a bit surprised at his quick change, the apparent brightening at such a thankless task. In fact, she ends up snorting a little. Poor guy. He doesn’t know it’s an uphill battle she’s just foisted on him. “You can’t promise that, but I appreciate the gesture. We should talk more during LongNight about what to say. Or before. Whatever.”

They have some unexpected neutral allies - and as the Wraith begins to go over their standings with people, she’s beginning to see a very convoluted chessboard - and none of the pieces have as much power as they think they do. Including herself. So much depends on what the Gods pull next.

“I wish it was just the Attuned. Morgan, the Abandoned Captain of Halo, seems to think we’re a threat to her people, despite everything I’ve done. Wants to track us coming in and out of the Citadel. If I can’t take care of it during Deepfrost, it will definitely need some work.”

She’s already mulled over how they might be able to track them, and though she can identify a few ways, there’s a feeling it won’t be as successful as the Captain hopes it is. And that’s if she can’t head it off.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Nodding at Wessex's words, Amun grinned. "Before and whatever sounds good." His tone was teasing, though he really didn't care when they made any public pronouncements.

When she brought up Morgan, though, the potter narrowed his eyes. Giving the Wraith an appraising look, he finally cocked his head  to one side. "Want me to butter her up? I can be charming and not a dick, when I care to be." He smirked, since they both knew he was capable of being annoying and pleasant in almost the same breath.

Shrugging, he crossed his arms. "Actually, let me know how you want to play it, and I'll back you up."
AMUN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Offering a knowing smile as he calls out her lack of commitment to a time and place, Wessex can only nod her head. “I’ll be in and out of all the areas during LongNight. Scheduling is all to be determined at this point.”

As for how to deal with Morgan, she knows she can’t just barrel through this one. Having deposited little seeds of accusation and doubt (hopefully) with a public outburst, there is little she - or anyone - can do until Flowerbirth comes and the snow melts enough to get people in the portal again. Tilting her head to think, she sounds more exasperated than anything else. “Off the top of my head, I can only suggest that we might be more helpful there, toeing the line between putting too many of us in the Citadel and enough to get goodwill from the people - particularly the council members.” A shrug. “But even that will have to wait for Flowerbirth. Which, I suspect, will be very busy for everyone.”

She should get going soon but wants to get to 4 pages. “Anything else on your mind? I have the time.” All the time. What responsibilities does she have now, if not to her brethren?
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX