Dear Almost-Something,
for Loren
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Dear Loren,

I promised you I would write and keep in communication, even now that we are not seeing each other as often as before. I hope this letter finds you well in Halo and that your work as healer is going successfully; I'm sure it is.

I've personally had a rather awful week. I can't tell you everything of it, but I was involved in a spat with the other Ascended and I worry I may have severed my ties to my family. We will have to see. I do not know how the Voice feels about it either, though I'm trying to see her less. I've reflected on some things and I think I must try and depend on her less and be more of my own man.

The Grounders are coming to Halo for Longnight as I'm sure you know, but I am intending to stay behind with those that will not go. I trust you'll look after our people brilliantly - wish me luck for what is sure to be a terrible time. It seems we cannot get past a Deepfrost without death.

On a lighter note, I wanted to thank you. The time I spent with you was short and perhaps ultimately not entirely what either of us wanted; nevertheless it was a wonderful time and very rewarding in many ways: you made me feel desired and cared for in a way I have not in a long time and I appreciate that very much. I hope you can find the solace you need in the fullness of time and that when you're ready, you give someone your love. You deserve love in return and whomever it is will be very lucky indeed.

Anyway, I did not want to overface you with an overly long first letter, so I shall end it here. Please do reply when you have the time, though I of course understand you have important obligations at the palace.
Yours Sincerely,
Samuel
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Dear Sam,

To say that I was overjoyed to receive your letter would be an understatement. I was very happy to hear from you indeed, and I am sure that your work as a bookmaker, advisor, and explorer is going well. While I am not so sure about my own endeavors as a healer, I appreciate your confidence in me. In truth, it had proven slightly difficult of late. The people of Halo very understandably are wary of outsiders, and I have been slow to gain their trust.

I'm very sorry to hear about your week, and I hope things turn around for you soon. While I am hardly the person best suited to give family advice, all I can say is that if they are truly your family, then they should be able to find it within their hearts to forgive you. If not, then perhaps they weren't your true family after all. I must say, despite your troubles, I am very glad to hear that you've decided to trust yourself more. The Sam I know is certainly someone worthy of such trust.

Rest assured that we will do everything we can to make the Grounders that stay here for the season welcome and comfortable. While I cannot take much credit for that, I know we are preparing quarters for them, and making sure our regular stockpiles are larger than usual for the season. I wish you all the luck during Deepfrost, and I pray to any god that will listen that this be the first one not marred by tragedy. On that note, I do hope the departure of Phoebe has not made too much extra work for you and the rest of the council.

I appreciate your words. All I can say is that I am sorry I could not give you the happiness you deserve, because in my opinion you deserve all the happiness in the world. You are kind, funny, intelligent, and I know that some day you will make a lucky someone very happy as well. I just wish I could have been that someone. The time I spent with you was precious to me as well, and I will always think of it, and you, fondly. Please know that I still care for and appreciate you, even if it's just as your friend.

Your letters could never be too long. However, I should apologize for the brevity of my own writing. It is not a habit I am used to, nor have words ever been a strong suit of mine, so I am afraid it might take me some time to be able to match you. For now, just know that I very much appreciated hearing from you and reading your words.
Yours Sincerely,
Loren
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Loren,

You must continue to have faith in the people of Halo. If they are of any decent persuasion they will see you are a capable and good man able to serve them well. I am sure over LongNight they will be in need of your services one way or another (even without monsters, I suspect the dark will bring about a few injuries) and will come to see how valuable they really are.

As it turns out I am in fact no longer staying in The Grounds for LongNight. After a meeting with the council it has been decided I should go to Torchline with the Naturals headed there from the Grounds. It will be very strange spending a LongNight away from my home and if rumours are to be believed, without monsters. No doubt it will be a great relief to feel safer, though I wonder if it might also be disconcerting in some ways to not know what is happening at my home. Obviously, I will not be able to send you a letter once Deepfrost begins as Halo is shutting it's portals then, nor you send me a reply: so I wish you a good luck for LongNight and I hope it will be a swift and smooth time for Halo.

As for Phoebe's departure: Evie may be joining our council, which will be quite the thing: both my sisters in the room with me! Pray I will not die of the bickering.

Your compliments are very kind. Perhaps in the Flowerbirth I could come to visit for a little while. Do not fret about your letter-writing ability: it is fine enough anyway, but even if it were not I simply want to hear how you are doing. It does not need to be poetry: my words certainly aren't!

Your friend,
Yours Sincerely,
Samuel
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Sam,

I appreciate your kind words, though you'll understand when I say I hope there is little need for my services, especially during LongNight. As for the Halovians, they are good and decent people. However, they are also a proud people, and have been practicing their way of life for many generations. I respect their ways, and am doing what I can to make their lives here easier and safer. Hopefully, given time, they will understand and trust that.

Letters do still get through to the Citadel every once in a while during Deepfrost, though it is a less than reliable mode of communication to be sure. Still, having some word from the outside world, and from you especially, will be heartening during those dark and cold nights. If I don't hear from you, I wish you (and everyone else of course) a smooth Deepfrost as well. Enjoy your time in Torchline, and I hope you are able to avoid the worst of Remi's wrath.

I am praying that LongNight proves merciful this year, and I hope the monsters do not claim too many lives. I know many who still plan to venture out, and my heart breaks to think there might be even more tragedy after the year we've had.

At first I was taken aback by the mention of you having multiple sisters. After thinking about it for a while, though, I just have one question: how could you possibly fail to tell me that Amalia is your half-sister?! I believe you owe me an explanation.

On the subject of your full sister, I spoke to Jigano about Evie. I had already offered her the position of Associate Grand Healer here, and she accepted. However, I understand if she feels called back to the Hollowed Ground. Still, it would be a blow to me if she departed. You obviously have my prayers if she does indeed take up Phoebe's vacated position. I personally would not want to be caught between Evie and Amalia.

I would welcome seeing you as soon as the portals reopen. Already, I am having trouble imagining myself being able to stay cooped up for a whole season. It will be good, though, for the people here to know that I will not go haring off when the going gets tough. Perhaps that will alleviate some of their concerns.

Don't sell yourself short on your writing, though. At the very least, it is once again wonderful to hear from you.
Yours Sincerely,
Loren
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Dear Loren

I'm afraid this will be a short letter as I do not have much time: I am packing my things to head to Torchline and just received your letter before I set off. I would have waited to write you a letter in return until I was better situated for it, but I felt I owed you an explanation.

I was under the impression I had already told you Amalia was my half-sister. However, now I think I did not mention her by name, at the time the information being too new to know how to handle. I'm sorry for the shock. Yes, she is my half-sister, a child of my father. We are oddly contrasted siblings, as I'm sure you can guess.

I will tell you more when we see each other again. One last time, good luck.
Yours Sincerely,
Samuel