salt water taffy (OPEN)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
There is a raise of his eyebrow at the mention of Phoebe and her brothel. Of course they've figured out some sort of deal in order to keep some good fabrics for her business. There's no doubt in his mind that Phoebe wouldn't go the mile to be as extra as possible. Thoughts of what sorts of deals had been made floated in his head, but were swiftly shoved to the side when Elias began negotiating with him.

Offering him a grin, Oliver pulled out one of the pouches and placed it down on the table. "Anything in specific you'd like? Otherwise I can offer just multiple things. I can make you more fancy things, like special door handles and knockers or something more.... useful, such as nails or tools." Oliver had many ideas and knew that he could most likely work something out with this man, it just came down to figuring out what exactly it was that he wanted. Honestly, he was mostly just happy to be making away with clothes that looked this amazing.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 40 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Elias
Elias hummed, "Fancier items, certainly." He agreed, with a smile and a nod. Accepting the pouch on the table, he peered into it to see if any of the paint had bled through, but to his pleasure, it had not, before waving Dudley over.

The boy had already snagged a nondescript contract and a pen. Elias wrote in the details of their agreement at the top, before handing it to Oliver to read over and sign. His signature was already at the bottom.

Elias liked to make deals, preferred deals over goods because, in the long-term, it was a symbiotic relationship between the businesses. "If you wish, I could obtain a list of some things the brothel may need, and of course, I'm willing to set aside a portion of the payment for any item I sell that came from you."

Symbiotes worked together, leeched off one another. That was how empires were built, after all.
I'm back on dry land once again,
Opportunity awaits me like a rat in the drain,
We're all hunting honey with money to burn,
Just a short time to show you the tricks that we've learned.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
There is a hum of thought and Oliver nods. "Understandable." Holding back the absolute excitement over FINALLY getting to make something fancy! After making so many nails and actually useful items, he finally gets to explore his talents in new avenues! With a guaranteed customer! Yeah, he was paying him back, but still! This was incredible news.

The contract was taken in hand and Oliver skimmed it over. "It's all up to you, really. Just tell me what you'd like for me to make for you and I can do it. Otherwise, I can work towards making multiple types of things and bring the mover? Maybe a nice pot and an ornate cup set? Or other things, if you're interested." His own name was swiftly signed on the paper and it was held out to him. Wow, his first business deal. Hell yea.
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 40 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Elias
Elias offered the young man a grin. "Let's explore first, and once we find something that sells well, we'll up the production of that." He curled the contract up, after checking that it was signed, and slipped it into his bag.

"Besides, you seem quite excited by the prospect of exploring what all you can make, and the only way to get really good at something is... to make it, no?" He waved a hand, motioning for the crew to start clean-up.

"I'll be seeing you, Oliver. It's time to close up, for a while." Men quickly began dismantling the stall, each product that was removed was placed gently into a crate, a pouch, or moved onto the small ship behind of the stall, tucked safely away.
I'm back on dry land once again,
Opportunity awaits me like a rat in the drain,
We're all hunting honey with money to burn,
Just a short time to show you the tricks that we've learned.
Blacksmith

Change author:
The faintest of blushes crosses his cheeks and he offers Elias a light shrug. "It's a tad bit obvious, huh?" A small smile cracks on his lips and he continues on. "I'll certainly work on some prototypes. If you like it enough then I'll work towards perfecting it and if not then that's fine. We can figure something out." It'd be easy and honestly, Oliver could easily just use those failed prototypes as display items to showcase his potential to any customers. Someone would eventually desire the object, surely.

A nod is offered his way and Oliver takes a step back. "Should you need me, I shouldn't be hard to find in the Hollowed Ground. Someone should know where my shop is." And with a final small smile, Oliver is on his way, new items in hand and a new bond formed. Today was actually a good day and turned out well, considering it all started with him running into a complete and utter stranger.

FIN