like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I will stand by you forever; you can take my breath away
Listening to Amun talk about the merfolk, the Wraith can’t help but wonder why he’s so invested in them. They’ll make a good impression or not, and like any other newly discovered race, she’s sure they’ll be inundated with stories of the big, bad Voice and her evil hench-children. It’s noble to want goodwill, but is it an appropriate place to put their efforts?

After catching Amun’s gaze, Wessex waits for a lull and then pipes up from the back. “I’ve spoken with Maru, the Luminary, and his daughter.” Or kinda, cause what are timelines. “The Luminary seems receptive to general curiosity and exploring as long as no one’s invading, but his daughter already has her head filled with suspicions.” It’s that damned Blight all over again, the reason for the immediate fear and needing to always talk them down. “But I’m not sure they’re worth expending a lot of energy over. Stay useful in Torchline. Remi is reasonable as long as there isn’t any trouble, or so I imagine.”

The news about Ludo is a bit of a blow, but given that her personal relationship with the Governor is fairly neutral-positive - and then there’s Nate, to whom she glances with a bit of a question, as if to confirm or deny her thoughts - she can’t see any need for immediate action on the Voice’s part. “Perhaps we can make a big goodwill push during Longnight,” she offers more to the small group than to the Voice. How is yet unknown, but they're creative. And have some delightfully non-violent, non-assuming new members.
WESSEX

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are
"It isn't my behalf you'd be speaking on, but on the behalf of your kin." The Voice points out. As for Remi? Well that's annoying. "I leave it to the two of you then, to decide how to handle this. If it's true that the new governor is going to be a problem for us, I'm sure you can think of ways of dealing with him. And if he'd reasonable, then so be it." She's only encountered the Alchemist a few times now, and he's been as Wessex describes him.

Still...with Ludo meddling about...

Stilling these thoughts for now, the Voice sadly shakes her head. "Perhaps in time, but like others of this world, the old gods hold the souls of the mermaids tightly. Theirs is not a system I can work with." Yet, her eyes hungrily say.

Yet.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Meeting Wessex's gaze squarely, Amun nodded at her words. As the Voice responded, he looked back at her. When she finished, he bowed his head. "I understand. Thank you for hearing me out." Pausing, he added in a truly grateful and devoted tone, "And thank you for entrusting me with this task."

With that, he stepped back, joining the rest of the Ascended gathered there. He was more than content with this outcome, and he looked between their goddess and the newly created shrine with an expression that was equal parts wonder and joy. In fact, it was pure awe. Watching the rest of his kin, he hoped they felt similarly about their accomplishment here today.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the rocks work as hard as the stars, to be what they are
'You are one of my cleverest, Amun." The Voice said with a warm and doting smile. "That there are things you do not know should never stop you from telling me your mind."

In so saying, she took a moment to gaze at them all, her stare one of serene joy and maternal affection for each of them. Her expression shifted slightly for those present, for her relationship to them all was slightly different.

"Enjoy your time together." She said with a final nod, before disappearing in a shower of healing and replenishing electrical sparks.

~FIN