muse over
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Although Amun had been churning out quite a few pieces from his studio, they'd all been commissioned, with guidelines for what the client wanted. He had been unable to create something just for himself or from scratch since Maea's death. After staring blankly at his pottery wheel one time too many, he'd sighed.

Gathering up his sword, he headed for the portal and into Torchline. He had no real destination in mind. Simply looking for some inspiration to strike him in the sunny and colorful land, he walked along the beach, just trying to take everything in.

A flash of movement caught his eye. Tensing, he whirled to face it, hand already darting to his sword. However, it was just a curious looking critter. It had four legs, a beak, horns, and was covered in feathers that were a riot of colors. Crouching, the potter just watched as more and more of the creatures appeared. Apparently there was a whole herd of them.

Sunjata
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
there was a moment, a hole opened in the sky
a chance to join that pantheon
There were days when Sunjata gave into his hunting instincts. And there were days when he gave into the grazer portion of his soul. Today, however, is a day for the hunt. A sleek black body dappled with light spots, crouched low to the ground among the grasses that sprouted up through the sandy hills, steel eyes trained on a lagging behind Ramphire from the herd that dips and curves.

They haven’t quite noticed him yet. Better for him, in the end.

And when he finally does take a stance — crouching low and disappearing behind a rock as one lags behind even further — that’s when he strikes. He pounces on the opportunity, claws aiming to bring down the ramphire, relishing in it when it does — jaws clamping around the neck of the poor beast. Of course, this causes the rest of them to stampede in an attempt to get away, diving past Amun and trying to get out. Sunjata, meanwhile, manages the death blow on the creature in his jaws — primal steel eyes lifting to spot Amun, but too driven by the hunt to get it out of his system yet of recognition.
for all the times they never heard your battlecry
now be an angel, sing along
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
As the panther prowled forward, Amun tensed. Slowly, he backed away from both the weird creatures and the big cat. The water wasn't too far away. Still, he raised his right hand, keeping it trained on the predator.

Of course, before he could fully escape, the panther pounced. The bird thing it target squawked in outrage. The potter cursed under his breath as the herd panicked. Still backing up, he slipped on a dune and fell on his ass.

One of the bird's horns stabbed him in the arm. It didn't hurt, obviously, but as the cat met the Ascended's eyes, he bared his fangs. Hand still aiming for the panther, Amun readied himself for a fight.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The Ascended poses no threat to Sunjata, too focused on the prey in his claws and jaws, for something to take back for later. What he does find as a threat from Amun is when the man stumbles, when the scent of fluid is in the air, a hand is raised and fangs bared. That’s when the realization sets in, and Sunjata drags the ramphire toward him, focused on the Ascended as he nears the rock again.

Ears pinned to his skull, he moves until the kill is close enough to where Sunjata would be able to easily grab it and take it back. And when that’s fine? He shifts into himself, hands up toward Amun with a small fanged smile. “You good?” He asks, tilting his head, faded ascended bites clinging to his skin aside from the fresh one just beneath his ear in full display. “I wasn’t after you.” He adds, keeping his eye on Amun until the Ascended puts his hand down.

He’s been shot before and he’d really rather not have it happen again from whatever Amun has hiding in his hand.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As the cat shifted into fucking Sunjata, Amun rolled his eyes. Scrambling to his feet, he slapped his hand over his wound. "I've had worse." The words came out in a low and quiet tone.

Narrowing his eyes, he jerked his chin to where the other man had stashed his kill. "Don't let me stop you then." Turning, the potter started heading in the direction of the increasingly distant herd. All notions of trying to capture some sort of artistic vision had been shattered. Now, he just wanted to get as far away as possible as quickly as possible, not particularly willing to talk to Sunjata now.

Or maybe ever.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The hand lowers to cover his arm, and Sunjata’s hands lower as well, a bit of blood sticking to the front of him, crawling up his neck as he goes to stand behind the kill, kneeling to start to tie and separate the creature to bring it back home. A nod is given toward Amun as he mentions that he’s had worse, and Sunjata isn’t too worried about it — already knowing how the Ascended pain tolerance works.

But then Amun is moving, ready to leave, yet again and his mind flickers briefly to the sober parts of his birthday party, and his brow raises slightly, eyes following the Ascended. “Hey, wait.” He calls into the air. “What’s your deal with me now?” He pulls out a dagger from his boot, prepping the space where he plans to take the pieces of the creature he wants, gaze flickering up to see if the Ascended remains or keeps walking.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
The Ascended kept walking. However, Amun glanced over his shoulder at Sunjata, clearly pissed. "Last I heard you were playing with Maea's heart and emotions in a way I strongly disapproved of. And then you moved on awfully quickly after she died. With Nate, who, as far as I know, cheated on Sam." The words came out in a heated rush.

Scowling, the potter faced front again. As he did, he picked up his pace. It wasn't particularly easy given the sunlight glaring down. At this point, though, he just wanted leave the other man far behind. The Ascended was willing to push his body to the utmost limits to put as much distance between the two of them as possible.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Amun keeps walking, and Sunjata can’t help but to watch him curiously as the words fall from his lips. There’s a brief ghost of a smile that crosses his face in his slight disbelief of what Amun says, though unable to simply let it slide. Not when Nate’s brought in, and the fact that Nate had cheated on Sam how long ago now?

When Sunjata was still married, that’s how long.

But he does also know that the Ascended can’t quite handle the sun too well either, and Amun seems determined in ruining himself just to get away, but Sunjata doesn’t plan on letting that happen. He shifts to his bat form, flying over to shift back in front of Amun, in a way that casts a slight shadow over the Ascended. “I did not play with her heart, Amun.” He begins, a muscle feathering in his jaw. “I asked for a break, is that such a shitty thing to do? Because I knew that staying and pretending things were okay when they weren’t would hurt more when it came to the surface?” A tilt of his head to that.

As for Nate, however, he sighs a heavy breath as his gaze narrows in on the Ascended. “Nate cheated on Sam how long ago? End of Flowerbirth.” Might seem suspicious how much he knows about it, but given he was the reason for it… Well. “Before Maea, before everything else. Not sure why it matters.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
"You asked what the deal with you was. Not my fault you didn't like the answer." Amun bared his teeth at Sunjata. "And yes, played with her heart. I'm not just talking about the break you asked for."

However, as the bartender went on to actually defend Nate, the potter gave the other man an incredulous look. "I wasn't aware there was a time limit on infidelity." Clearly unimpressed by this argument, the Ascended just shook his head.

Turning towards the ocean, he tossed one last statement at Sunjata. "Probably want to get back before the other scavengers show up at your kill." With that, Amun disappeared beneath the waves, fully intending to just walk on the bottom of the sea if that's what it took to get away without further conversation.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He certainly sounds like he’s ready for a fight – with the teeth bared and all of that. But it doesn’t come – no, not as Amun comments further and leaves Sunjata confused in the aftermath. His steel gaze narrows, brows attempting to inch toward each other, furrowing the slightest in the questioning gaze he gives Amun. “Care to elaborate?” Because he honestly doesn’t know what he’s apparently done.

But the comment of infidelity has Sunjata giving an unamused laugh toward the Ascended, watching as he steps around the korofi man to head toward the water. “No, there isn’t, but if it helps paint a picture I cheated on my ex-wife.” A brief pause as he considers it, gaze following Amun with a slight clench of his jaw. “With Maea. With Nate.” It doesn’t help paint his picture any, but it also doesn’t show just how innocent everyone else was. “I did not, however, cheat on Maea when we were together.” A raise of his brow, gaze lingering along the back of the Ascended before he begins to step into the surf.

Fine, fair enough. If Amun didn’t want to talk any further on it, hold that grudge, who was he to stop him? So he gives where the Ascended had been one last look, before beginning to walk back toward the ramphire he’d left beside the rock that he planned on bringing back home.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Rolling his eyes, Amun shook his head at Sunjata. "Not particularly." The potter gave the Attuned an unamused look. "Besides, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't get through your thick skull anyway." Unsurprisingly, the words came out in a mocking tone.

Still baring his teeth, his hands clenched into fists. "Yeah, and I gave her shit for it too. At least she acknowledged how problematic her behavior was." That came out in a low and dangerous tone. "And I've seen plenty of your picture, thanks." Sarcasm practically dripped from every word.

Thankfully, the bottom of the ocean was blessedly silent and free of the other man. The Ascended just began to walk his way along the coast. Although he wasn't far from shore, no one bothered him, for which he was grateful.

-FIN

Coding base by Sky!