bright like manhattan lights
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I will stand by you forever; you can take my breath away
“No, I try not to bother Her with every little thing. The first task for Eirachi didn’t yield as big of a reward as I’d hoped,” which was her own fault because she’d taken too long and timelines have already established that the mageglass is gone, “but if I succeed in this one, I’ll have secured safe passage for the Ascended once, if we end up at war again. And a taste of the Eirachi’s powers.” So, half for them, half for her. And at this point, the selfish part of Wessex thinks she’s more than earned a fleeting command of a spirit’s powers if they’re being offered. There’s a deep vanity in it, loving more than just the idea of unleashing that kind of wintry power on their enemies, but also at being the first and maybe only to do so.

In summation: Wessex can play the side quests and the main plot if she tries hard enough.

This brother, though, is unexpectedly delightful and he makes her feel a little better about her efforts. Even if he isn’t talking about her, she takes it to mean her position amongst them anyway. “Thank you, that’s kind…” Then there’s a thought, perhaps one final one before they part ways again. “Osozo, are you a… him or a her?” Not that it matters as they’re biologically useless in that regard, but he isn’t exactly… typical looking. Mostly she’d just like to correctly refer to them in the future.
WESSEX

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Wondering if my intentions will soon replace what is in front of me
In their opinion, this is a little bit more than a little thing, but, they suppose it is not their business, not their quest, not their deal. Not until it envelopes and involves the Family, at least. "Safe passage to where?" They ask, wanting to get as much information as they can from her, as much as she is willing to share with them. There was a very pointed sense of jealousy though, the prospect of biting a spirit somehow wildly tempting, despite their utter inexperience with the ability.

Her thanks only brightens the grin on Osozo's face, shades of pink and yellow threading through their hair, though the question that comes on its heels has them cocking their head, a quiet confusion spread over their face. "Am I meant to only pick one?" They question back, genuinely curious, despite how it might come across as a sassy retort. How was one meant to decide, when both sides had their charms? "I suppose... neither, then? Or both, if that's allowed." Honestly, unless it was forced, they would simply step back, wipe their hands clean of the question, and say no thank you.
osozo
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
They might be right, that it is a big deal, but should she fail in her task, the only ramifications the Family might see is one less demigod. Failing would not bring the wrath of the Eirachi down upon them. And success might endear them a bit to the spirits.Through Halo.” Trying to let him use his own imagination as to what that might entail - from the Citadel to the portal, to the passage behind the Sea of Glass, to deep into the Fangs, where they could hide out if need be.

“But it’s a worse-case-scenario option,” she says lightly, patting their shoulder. And not really an option yet, given that she hasn’t even done the thing.

She blinks in surprise as the question, not having considered before that there was option other than one or the other. People in the Ground had on occasion gone from one sex to the other, but she can’t recall anyone wanting both. Or neither. Considering Osozo with a curious gaze, Wessex takes a couple of minutes to heavily consider what he’s asking, and when she comes to her decision, it’s with a decisive, satisfactory nod. “You can be whatever you want to be. That’s what we’re fighting for, right? Freedom to go wherever and do whatever and be whoever you want to be.” Shrugging, she chuckles a bit. “I just wanted to know how to talk about you if you come up in conversation.” A smile.

“But you are Osozo.” The first of their kind. "That's plenty."
WESSEX

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
The clarification Wessex offers doesn't exactly feel like that - what possible threat could rise that would necessitate a spirits aid? - but Osozo only nods, not sure they really want to imagine what she might mean. There hasn't been a chance yet for their worldview to bleaken, for them to mistrust people so easily. "Worst case scenario." They agree, sounding a little distant, a little worried despite themself, despite the hand on their shoulder.

Osozo cocks their head, waiting for Wessex's judgment, for some kind of response. And what comes, the nod, the words, has a grin stretching over their face, only growing wider when she chuckles. "If you want to talk about me, you could simply use my name." They suggest easily, like it should be obvious, like it is obvious to someone who's been living like this for their entire life thus far.

"I am Osozo." They hum, tipping their head back, a brow raising as a vivid blue, not unlike the colours the Voice wears when she comes to the shrines. "And I think I'm made more by the family around me."
osozo
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
“Don’t worry about it,” she tries to soothe, sounding very much like an older sister. Leave those things to me for now, she wants to say, explore and live, she wants to say, but she is not yet so adept at comforting. It’s one of the things she needs to work on.

And then, there’s a slight admonishment and it does indeed sound so simple. From the mouths of babes, she thinks, enjoying the different view of the world that Osozo brings. The Wraith acquiesces to their statement with a smile. “You’re right, of course.” Still fascinated by their hair, she runs her fingers through the tips in a familiar, affectionate way - big steps for someone who doesn’t even usually accept hugs.

“Mmmm. Stronger together. I would love to see us work together more. Strengths working together to complement the family as a whole…” If it’s a wistful statement, it is perhaps because she meant it to be. The possibility seems so distant - even without Sam’s defection. “Anyway... Final thoughts or concerns or wishes before I have to go?”
WESSEX

Change author:
Saying Don't worry about it is the most effective way to spark worry, despite how much they want to trust in Wessex's words. In the end, all they can do is accept it, and move on, offering a simple solution to a slightly more complicated problem. "I've simply had more time to think on it." Osozo says, easily sidestepping the compliment. They can't help but preen a little at the fingers playing with their hair, an unconscious rainbow running along the lengths before settling in a shimmery pink, their smile growing ever wider.

"I'll have to work on my strengths then." Osozo laughs brightly, purposefully ignoring the wistful note in Wessex's voice to fill the statement with their own hope instead. It doesn't seem like an impossible dream to them, after all, the ascended have the greatest bonding force in the world, the Voice. Something that ties them all together easily.

The last question has a hand rising to Osozo's chin, a moment's thought given to the words. "A wish, I suppose?" They say cautiously, assuming something must be offered now that it's been asked for. The hand drops, and their hair shifts with it, taking on a bright red hue. "Be safe, sister."
osozo
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
In the days following this interaction, Wessex will come to the conclusion that there is much she can learn from Osozo; be it faith, simplicity, or a certain joie de vivre that has escaped the demigod with her mantle of responsibility and neverending weight of the world. Smiling behind them as their hair turns to a rainbow and then a sparkling pink, she closes her eyes ever so briefly. One day, she’ll remember that with nostalgia.

For now, though, it’s time to go their separate ways until after LongNight. With a pat on the shoulder as she stands, Wessex says nothing to their resolution about working on their strengths, she is simply happy they’ve heeded her words. “You too, Osozo. Have a safe LongNight. See you on the other side.”

Be careful, please. Please. Please. There is only so much pleading she can do and none of it will do any good. Their life is in their own hands. Wesex will, nevertheless, worry.

{Fin}
WESSEX