Training (SE) The Dragon and the Hound
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Deimos's baying laugh was, admittedly, earned. Jigano could only imagine how he must have looked, slipping and falling into the drift, a creature of regal form and ancient dignity reduced to a pratfall in the powder. It was too much to hope that the hound couldn't find him; still, Jigano froze as if he could blend into the snow, knowing he wasn't fast enough to scramble out in time. Perhaps Deimos would miss him and come close enough for a final--?

A wet nose tickled his ribs and a second heavy exhalation - the threat of a laugh - left the dragon as he tucked in his wings and rolled towards the fleeing attacker, his hopes of hiding dashed.

I'm hiding! he protested through his mirth, rising in a cascade of snow and shaking it off in a furious, flurry-ous storm that half-dislodged his blindfold. Sometimes six limbs - seven, counting the tail - is perhaps a few too many. But I learned that I can hear better than I can scent, and closing my eyes may help to calm the instincts of this form. What about you? Hopefully the General had gotten something from the game - er, training - as well.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

The differentials and sensory negation seemingly finished, the hound shook its head, dislodging the blindfold until it fell around his muzzle, and he could see above its ivory rim and boundaries. They must’ve made quite a spectacle in their melee, and the dog tilted his head in either amusement or bewilderment at the dragon’s predicament. He hadn’t thought of the lizard’s mass and amount of limbs being an issue; despite his own monolithic presence in most intervals. But he’d had practice, time, and maturity to adapt to long limbs, how to utilize them effectively – and certainly not similar means of wings or other appendages.

I was overwhelmed by other senses. Maybe all the more distracting, figments and figures rampaging through the human side of his mind, while the carnivore, the animal, had wanted naught else to do but hunt and stalk and prey upon something it couldn’t see – snatching and clawing at anything nearby. Made me sharpen my focus. Especially with first attempts at any semblance of skirmish or practice in this form. He also had to think another way, utilize and contort other portions of skills; always something needing to be adjusted or honed. So, despite the ridiculous assignations, it’d been worth it in the end.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano shook his horned head a second time to finish knocking the headband askew, letting it catch on the tip of a curled horn in its flight to flutter in the breeze. Deimos had managed to free himself as well, he saw, and he took a moment to carefully stretch and assure himself that he hadn't sprained anything in that last unplanned dive into the snowbank, where the ground fell away beneath its layer of icy white and loose powder swallowed a body up rather than supporting it like the denser hardpack on the crown of the little hillock.

Overwhelming was a good way to put trying to keep track of all the sounds and scents that had surrounded them. That trick with the animals was a good one, he agreed, rueful amusement in his inflection. I couldn't pinpoint you amid all that noise at all. The General had scored a touch on him with that, though he couldn't really be chagrined when it had been so well-earned. Shall we head back to town? We can pick apart what went right - and wrong - and maybe work up some more training ideas for the future, he suggested. Preferably at the bakery over hot tea and scones. A slyly selfish suggestion; his sweet tooth always seemed sharper in the cold months, and the bakery was warm and bright and an excellent place to warm up and dry off.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

The hound took the time to maneuver his head around, playing with the blindfold along his muzzle until it wound its way to the end of his nose. Its last high-note was to fall to the ground, ivory on pale snow, before he grabbed hold of it with his teeth, tossing it mid-air in some semblance of amusement and distraction.

But he listened to Jigano too, snorting mildly at the insinuation of clever tactics. It backfired, because I could not pinpoint you either. It might’ve been mere fortune, or sheer dumb luck he’d found the dragon at all in the noise, the cacophony of sound. But the Sword had always been one to calculate, to scheme, to plot, to unfurl options and opportunities; sometimes they were successful, and in other instances left to the rest of the slaughter. He’d remember it for another time though, and recall his own abilities to focus and hone; the present unwinding into things too fresh, too new.

At the insinuation of heading back into town, the General ceased his play with the cloth, keeping it tucked within his mouth, rampaging along because he could; muscles yearning, longing to unfurl, to brandish modicums of hell and demolition. Yes, in accord and agreement, not switching to his human form when this was so much faster, so much swifter, so much quicker; tracking prints into the rime, back towards home.

{FIN}

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts