(SE) in too deep to go back again
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
but is this what you want? what you wanted?
do you need love? am i enough for you?
The question is raised, about his orca shift. And he hums a quiet chuckle to that as he carves out the crystal. “A couple hours, max. Usually I go for about half an hour before I need to go up for air.” He informs her easily, flashing an amused grin over her way as he finally wrangles the manta free. “Which is a lot longer than I can normally.” And while he could hold his breath a fairly decent amount for a human, it wasn’t anywhere near the amount of time he could in his full shift.

But where’s the fun in that?

Yeah I work for Remi.” He adds on, tugging the cloud manta along until he spots a few of the bottom feeders that would probably appreciate the meal, and lets the creature go – sinking to the ground while he inspects the crystal in his hand, cleaning it up despite the blood on his hands. “I’m Torchline’s Arbiter.” He says, gaze focusing on the crystal with a bit of intensity, before he lifts the steel to Delta. “The one that keeps the laws in place, enforces them.” He adds on in case she didn’t know the term.

He doesn’t know what mermaids know, anyway.

And then perhaps just to be a bit of a shit, he partially shifts his lower half to mimic her own – his orca shift taking place of legs as he grasps the crystal tight in a hand and gives her his full attention. “What did you want to tell him?” Whether Sunjata actually found time to talk to Remi was another story. Of course, it all depends on what Delta has to say.
in time you'll find i've got my baggage too
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
don't you know there's a part of me
Seeing as she never really got to talk to dolphins, it was nice to have Sunjata answer her important questions about porpoises. Those silly questions do have purposes, as porpoises have a purpose in her life. "Interesting... and I've heard you guys can typically go underwater for anywhere from one to three minutes max?" It is a curiosity that she's wanted answered but is also kinda awkward to figure out.

The manta is seemingly released from Sunjata's hands, but before it can fully sink to the floor, Delta briefly grasps it, running a gentle hand along the creature. She sends a silent thought, just hoping and making sure that the thing is truly dead and has hopefully fully passed on before finally releasing it, her hand ever so slightly now covered in blood. It wasn't too much of a problem and soon, she was focusing back on Sunjata.

Thanks to her dad being, ya know, the leader, she does recognize the term Arbiter, but still appreciates Sunjata going on to explain what it was in slight detail. It's much appreciated and shows a respect on the human's end of things.

Watching, the man suddenly shifts his lower half and her eyes widen to the size of clam shells. All thoughts had quickly been shoved away and all she could do was stare at... well, what was... kind of a mermaid. "Holy shit!" It leaves her mouth and she immediately places a hand over her mouth. "I am so sorry! That was so rude of me! I mean- wow! Can you- can all mouth breathers- er attuned people do that?" Well. Holy fuck!

Adjusting herself once more when Sunjata had asked her to go on and ask her question, Delta tried to compose herself. There is a clear bit of frustration in Delta's eyes, but not at Sunjata. She's deep in thought, contemplating exactly what to say. She has so little time and must condense her entire set of worries into one comment. "If you could please... remind him to make sure that we are okay... that we'd love to be more open, but we hope that he can help make sure that we are safe." It is far from what she wants to completely say, but it's one of her biggest worries after what the Fae had told her. Hopefully Remi would be a good Governor and would understand why she was so scared.
that longs to go into the unknown
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Something like that.” Sunjata replies, gaze lifting to Delta as she reaches out to grab the manta, a dark brow raising as if  he’s questioning what the point of the whole thing is. He’d made sure it was dead before releasing it – and while he might have been described as a monster once or twice, it was rarely against animals that didn’t deserve to suffer. So instead, he watches her while he clutches the crystal, steel gaze following as she grows surprised as his lower half shifts while his face remains the same – impassive, a dark brow raised, silently questioning it.

Not all can, depends on what shifts they have.” He offers, evening out a bit in the surf, tail curling against the current ever so slightly. But that’s not why he’s staying – he’s staying for the information that Delta might have for Sunjata – a question that had better be worth it for him to try and find the time to talk to Remi about it.

So when she begins to explain, the brow that’s raised furrows slightly, head tilting as he considers her. “Why wouldn’t you be okay?” He repeats, confused entirely. “And why wouldn’t you be safe?” A little bit of elaboration would be required, the uncertainty of what even spurred this on. Surely they would be safe, wouldn’t they? They’d been around for how long with the threat of the volcano and the people of Torchline milling about. What changed?
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The ray was allowed to sink where the bottom feeders were granted a feast. Delta hadn't really seen a human killing one for the crystal and honestly, she kind of saw it as a waste. What if there were no bottom feeders? Or if other humans weren't so kind as to give the manta a quick death? It was something she'd have to discuss with Remi. Surely, there was an easier way to grant one the ability to breathe underwater.

It'd be a lie to say that Delta wasn't staring at the weird kinda merman before her. It was... different. Uncanny. "Pardon me if this is rude... but this is so weird. So... unique. You look kind of like us, but also not. Like... I can't quite describe it." His body was different. It was disjointed, almost, while she had been crafted by the gods. A seamless transition. In her eyes, merfolk were beautiful... while Sunjata's body looked confused.

Quite unfortunately, Sunjata didn't understand and chose to ask her questions. It was very much his right to do so, seeing as she was already requesting so much of him With a soft sigh, she found herself folding her arms and holding them close to her body, almost as if she were close to hugging herself. "With... these new portals opening, it's a lot to take in. There's so many new people and we don't know their full intentions yet. I'd love to be able to be with humans more... to hopefully create new bonds and partake in actual things together." There was a pause, a long one. Was it right to say bad things about an Ascended when Sunjata very clearly had one that he liked? Or at least, had a symbiotic relationship with? Delta had saw the bite marks, they were very hard to miss. He must be close to one or many even multiple. "I've heard about the Blight, Sunjata. And if your Governor would be willing to tell me his side of it... then that'd be great." There. Just saying it nice and simply.
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It’s probably because it’s a partial shift.” Sunjata begins, giving her his attention while he remains afloat enough in the water to focus on her. “I can make it bigger or smaller, change into other animals… it’ll all look different.” That was the easiest way to explain it, at the very least, without diving into the technicalities of it all. Besides, it wasn’t like Sunjata knew those technicalities anyway. So instead he focuses intensely on her at the mention of what she wants to talk to Remi about.

And most of it is disappointing, nothing truly good in terms of gossip or amusement, just some deeper understanding of it. So he nods to that, imagining he could likely bring it up at some point. But as she continues on about the blight, his steel gaze hardens for a moment. “What about the blight? Remi didn’t have it. I, however, had it.” He explains, his free hand fanning out above the water as he gestures about it. “Had it for a few months.” And gods were those few months absolute shit in comparison to the rest of his time here.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
How amazing. Her head tilts to the side and her eyes widen ever so slightly. "Really? Can all attuned individuals partial shift? It sure does sound very helpful... like you can swim but also talk to me as a human right now." Surely there were other uses? Like what if someone gave themselves claws! That would be amazing for digging and other things like that. It was wondrous and had so many possibilities.

But then things turned cold. And dark.

Swallowing down hard, her face dropped. No longer was she smiling with crinkles next to her eyes, she now looked almost scared. "How... may I ask you questions about it?" She was about to push him- pressure him to answering all of her Blight questions, but then she remembered what the Fae had said. Just by how Sunjata spoke about it, the Blight was not a good thing and potentially, he may not feel comfortable speaking about it.
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
When they get stronger, yeah they can.” He shrugs to that. “You can partially shift and get wings, claws, these.” He murmurs, flashing her a grin and showing off fangs before settling in again with a bit more of an impassive look, unsure what exactly she was considering as a possibility of what the Attuned partial shift could do. As it stood, however, he absolutely could partially shift into any of the ones he had, nearly any part of his body.

But the talk of the Blight overtakes everything else, and he folds his arms across his chest as he considers her, considers the question, squinting against the light of the sun reflecting off of the waves along both of them. “What do you want to know about it?” It wasn’t really a difficult time for him, he didn’t have it as long as others did. But it still had pushed him to the edge of everything, the edge of his sanity throughout it all, breaking day after day and doing so many things he would otherwise refrain from doing.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Her eyes widen as she nods and listens to Sunjata. How amazing! And then he shows her fangs? "Incredible! What about... okay, cows. They have those little horns, right? Can you make them?" Just to demonstrate she places her hands on the sides of her head and points her index finger up. Clearly, she doesn't know if she's using the right words but hopes that Sunjata will understand what she means based on the actions.

And then things go to shit.

Sunjata's mood changes as does Delta's. Her curiosity drains rapidly and she becomes worried and maybe even a bit scared. Scared of the blight and of Sunjata becoming mad at her for even bringing it up. "How did you get it? And how were you cured?" Two questions. She had so much more but had to know those two. The most important things in her mind if it were to resurface at some point.
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Cows?” He questions with a surprise bout of laughter reaching him. “What’s so interesting about cows?” The horns, in his opinion, were one thing. Not even something interesting enough to think about longer than what a cow could provide – food, milk, cheese. Of course, you could get that from goats as well. So he nods his head instead, tilting his head a small amount as he considers her. “I don’t have a cow shift, but I do have a horned shift.” He explains, partially shifting to reveal those horns that curl around his head as he regards her once more.

But then the subject of the blight takes over, and the horns remain, his gaze lingering on Delta as she speaks of how he’d gotten it. And his stomach churns with the memory of it, the things he’d done, and his gaze narrows on her briefly. “Probably got it when my ex-wife bit me while she had it.” He offers, reaching up with his empty hand to point to a bite mark in his shoulder – quite human teeth imprints seen before his hand falls below the water again. “Someone named Arduinna cured us all. She pulled it all into herself and became a statue in the Greatwood that contains it now.” He shrugs, though his insides still seem to quiver with the recollection.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
His confusion about her fascination with cows is evident. "Well, it's not necessarily just cows. I guess it's... all big creatures with horns? Cows are just the only one I can name off the top of my head... I do see merchants with horns for sale, but that's the closest I've come to seeing one." And then Sunjata only made things easier, creating horns on his own head. Wide eyes grow and she leans forward slightly, clearly very tempted to touch them for herself, but holding herself back in the end. "Amazing! What's the name of this animal?" Even without Sunjata telling her, she could recognize that this absolutely wasn't a cow. It was something else. Something far more amazing.

The tone shifts dramatically and Delta hopes to put on a persona of respect, mimicking her father to the best of her abilities. "So it was transferred by biting." There is a nod and she places that into her 'memory'. It was something she'd hope to be able to recall should the need arise. "That was... incredibly noble of this Arduinna..." If only she had something to give to Sunjata, then she'd have him place it by the statue for her. "I should hope that something like that wont arise again... it sounds awful and I'm sorry you had to go through it, but I am very happy to be able to speak with you today." It's something that must be recognized, but she also knows that they can still look brightly towards the future even while knowing that such a thing may somehow happen again. It's not something she'd ever say to the man, but Delta worries what would happen should the statue be destroyed.
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He tilts his head up to almost peer down at her, the dark horns curling around his head. Her question to what the name of the creature is has him answering with an almost scholarly sort of tone. “It’s a Nyala.” He rumbles at the beginning, keeping his hand tight around the cloud manta crystal before he takes a light inhale. “It’s a gazelle, kind of like a deer but… For the desert.” And he supposes it makes sense considering where he’s from. It had always amazed him how well his shifts seemed to suit him as a person, wondering if perhaps Safrin had a hand in it.

Who is he kidding? Of course, she has.

But the subject of the blight has him focusing a bit more intently, informing her how he’d received it. “I don’t know for sure, but it seems likely that’s how I got it.” He shrugs. It was either that or when Phoebe had been running experiments and the glass the tainted blood had been on exploded and cut him. Still, he offers a deep nod to the mention of Arduinna, before he’s chewing on the inside of his cheek for what she has to say to follow it up. “It is what it is.” He offers, shrugging lightly, though hoping that Nate might tell him if things start to go south.

He begins to move then, slipping around her as he back pedals toward the shore. “But if that’s all you wanted to tell Remi, I should probably be getting home. I got what I needed.” He offers, pausing and watching her to see if she keeps him.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The animal that Sunjata identified himself as was something Delta had never even heard of. She wasn't even sure if she would be able to pronounce it for herself and didn't dare try to save herself from the potential embarrassment that may come along. "A desert gazelle that's like a deer, fascinating." So... that must mean it's good on sand, right? So it sounds perfect for Torchline! Except for when it rains... yeah, that'd be a bad thing.

Sunjata wasn't exactly happy to talk about the Blight so Delta was willing to leave it there. "I doubt we will hear anything before you, but if we do I know I will try my best to warn you and the Governor." It was a small little promise that Delta could only hope would show she wanted their alliance to remain strong and full of trust.

There is a nod and Delta swims back a small bit, allowing Sunjata hopefully enough room to leave. "Thank you, Sunjata, for hearing me out." While it wasn't anything like she had initially envisioned, she did learn a lot about this Blight. Maybe someday she'd be able to speak with Remi for herself, but anything was better than nothing and she was very thankful for having this interaction.

FIN for Delta c:
delta