A is for Absolute Freedom
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
a free bird soars, a caged bird sings
The ocean was beautiful, always calling to the attuned. She'd grown up on ships most of her childhood, swinging from ropes and perching in the crows nest. But her search for her brother had continually come up empty, and she was never more alone than she was right now.

The ocean felt like home, a familiar home, and so when she was brooding over her loss of family and lack of new family, she came to the blue waters, laid out on the sand, or digging her toes into the sand just within the wet lap of the water.

Today, though, she was distracting herself by hunting for oysters in the soft sand, a bag slung over one shoulder and a little shovel in one hand.

Delphia
shackled birds are trapped in illusions.
LIRSI

Code blatantly stolen from Sky. <3
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
Death was near, and so too was Delphia.

She watched the woman walk along the shoreline, face expressionless as she watched. The woman seemed so peaceful, yet she knew better. The spirits spoke and sang in her ear - it would be painful, terrifying, drawn out. A death that did not honor her father. A bad sort of dying. But Remi was not near, and so she would act in his stead.

Moving quietly over the sand, though making no effort to sneak, she approached. "Your time to join Mort grows closer. I offer you to depart this world painlessly, rather than face the suffering that awaits you." she said softly.
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Lirsi furrowed her brow, as she turned to study the owner of the voice. "I'm sorry?" She studied the stranger, unsure of how to respond. It was not often that someone walked up and spoke openly about death, or the spirits. "Who are you?"

She didn't stop gathering oysters, finding no reason to stop if the woman was crazy. And she hadn't yet decided if the stranger was or not.
LIRSI

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHiA
She supposed it made sense that she questioned her. It was not every day someone approached and told you that death as near after all. "My name is Delphia. I am Mort's daughter." she said, head tilting a bit. "The spirits have spoken to me and warned me that your death is imminent. It will be drawn out and painful. I offer you a chance to depart to Mort peacefully." she said.

Steely eyes flicked down the beach, as if distracted by something the young woman would not be able to see or hear. "You've not much time to decide, I am afraid."
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
Lirsi paused in her steps, studying the woman. If she was crazy nothing would happen. Though not too many people had walked up to her and claimed to be a god's child...

"So... you're the God of Death's child?" She furrowed her brows, humming softly. "And I'm going to die soon. How will I die if I don't go with you?"
LIRSI

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia continued to stare passed the woman down the beach. Her index finger drew circles on her thumb pad, a tick that allowed her to better focus. But she did nod at the woman's question. Indeed, she was the daughter of death.

"There are men coming. Four." Delphia said, eyes flicking back to Lirsi. "It does not matter which way you go. I am sure you know what fate you will meet at their hands." she said.
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
Lirsi was quiet, pursing her lips. If the woman was right, then she knew how she'd end. She'd die fighting to keep their hands off, and probably fail at that.

"This way won't hurt?" Painless... "Will I feel anything?"
LIRSI

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
It was a relief really, that the woman seemed to understand what she meant. This was Torchline, after all. It wasn't as though she didn't have a context for the rampant crime the tropical nation was known for. A quick, painless death was far more rare, and therefore a blessing to be taken. At least, the woman seemed to agree on that.

"It will not hurt." she said, shaking her head. "Just a slight pressure in your chest, but if you relax into it, it will be over quickly." she said, smiling at the woman lovingly. "Tell my father I say hello when you see him." she said. Then using her powers she reached out hand towards her. As her fingers closed, the woman would feel the clenching feeling in her chest, consciouness flickering as Delphia carefully attempted to pull her soul from her body.
Lirsi Kinne
Smuggler

Change author:
It was painless. A gentle beckoning. Peaceful. Everything she'd dreamt, despite the odds of receiving such a death when she was smuggling in dangerous situations, dealing with dangerous people, and often by herself.

The woman wasn't crazy.

She hadn't been lying.

Everything she had promised was true.

The pressure in her chest was uncomfortable, but not to the point of pain, simply noted, bared, and understood.

She saw her past, her life, she saw everything that made her. And then she saw nothing. Not through her eyes, at least. She'd gone easily from her body, welcomed it.
LIRSI

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
So calm. So smoothly. So at peace. As the soul light left the woman's body, what was left crumpled to the ground, unceremoniously. Called to her hand, the young woman's soul floated to the demigoddess, and Delphia smiled at it warmly. "There, little sweeting. Go now and tell Mort all of your wonderful adventures. Let not a detail be spared, and give him all of my love." she said. Thrusting her hand towards the sky, the soul shot up, up, up and away - a shooting star in the light of day.

With the soul safely sent away to Mort's realm, the demigoddess carefully pulled the remains into the waves, letting it be pulled out to sea where it could be used by Rae's creatures. With moments to spare, she departed, the men walking down the beach once she had left nonthewiser of the quarry they had missed.

-FIN