Training [SE] I'm still alive when everyone who loves me has died
open SE
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
Listening is hard. Listening and understanding is even harder. Outside of the arena, Wessex is kinda shit at both. When the Voice remade her again, she gave her claws, not an empathy manual, perhaps knowing then and there what she wanted the Wraith to eventually become. Elevate her natural tendencies, not change them entirely.

Even perfection can be subjective.

Wessex’s swing connects, which is again, unexpected, but she can work with that. She’d been prepared to move and strike after, to pinpoint and chase Letha down if need be. Now, it seems, she can strike again. With a quick sashay forward, the Ascended pivots on her left foot and sidekicks with her right leg, aiming for something around hip height. If she were Letha, she would retreat too and doesn’t anticipate her attack landing again.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 11 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
Letha
Wessex is stronger, faster, smarter. Letha has learned--quickly-- that arming her own attack against the demi-goddess was not the most strategic move. So she continued to backpedal, until she felt she was out of any striking range. She centered herself, her balance dropping some as she did so. She tried to focus on any sound that Wessex might make, trying to rely on a sense that she never had until Caido. It was difficult, and part of her regrets not telling the Wraith about her life before this world. Perhaps it was a conversation she could have afterwards.

It was subtle, but the twisting of Wessex's foot on the ground alerts the darker haired woman. She moved quickly backwards, zig-zagging to keep herself hopefully fluid and out of striking range. She felt the air whoosh in front of her, about an arms length away, where Wessex's foot strikes nothing but air and sends it her way. Letha bit her bottom lip, and leapt forward, twisting her own body to gain momentum enough for her strike towards where she predicted Wessex's balancing leg to be. Letha was aiming for what she hoped was above the woman's knee.

if you don't love me now, you will never love me again
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The kick itself is pretty quick -  a jab and recoiling motion - right foot replacing the left as Wessex lands back in a prepared stance. She’s mostly braced as Letha attacks, but she isn’t sure if it’s a foot or hand that hits her thigh. Ah, the problems with blindfolds.

Letha makes contact, but Wessex remains grounded, smiling (though that can’t be seen, which is a shame), and even chuckles a bit. “Good! Good.” A quick learner, and not without some basic skills. She can definitely work with that. “That’s enough for right now.” Taking off her blindfold, the Wraith remains in an obviously happier mood, and though there aren’t any endorphins flooding her body, it’s almost as if the effect is the same.

“How did that go for you?” she asks, moving to sit against the lighthouse wall.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Letha Úlfurdur

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Letha
The vibration of her attack hitting Wessex's thigh -- where she had aimed -- reverberated up her body and a ring of success moved out from her chest. She felt a breath leave her mouth. Unnecessary, but still habit at this point. The woman had only been living in this body less than a year, and while she was learning, she did still seem to hold a few crutches. As the Wraith praised her, Letha smiled and back up a few steps, removing her own blindfold.

At the question, Letha shrugged some. "More difficult than my spar with Amun," She admitted, body scanning itself one final time. "Before Caido, I was mostly deaf. Relying on my ears...it's not something I've done before." She also admitted, something she perhaps should have told the older Ascended to begin with. Letha, however, realized that she had not wanted to admit weakness to the woman. After the tale of all she had been through, there was some sense of admiration for the woman. She reminded her of the faint memories she had of her grandmother, Ktulu, and Letha had always wanted to be like the Constrictor.

Maybe she could be like the Wraith.

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Unsurprised that sparring with her is more difficult given the amount of times she’s pinned Amun, Wessex nonetheless chuckles to herself, glad that he’s getting out there and helping their new family members. What does take her by surprise is the admission that in a previous life, Letha had been deaf. “Oh?” she asks, intrigued. It makes sense that The Voice would remove that deficit, whether or not Letha herself considered it to be one.

“I wouldn’t have known,” she continues with a shake of her head. The girl had reacted as well as any lower levels against The Wraith. “What did your rely on then? Your sight? Touch?” Tilting her head to one side, she pauses before tentatively moving on, always unsure when asking about previous worlds and lives: it was a touchy subject for some, drawing anger and ire when they were pulled from happy lives. For others, the topic held only sorrows and death - perhaps their own, or otherwise. It is fascinating, the myriad of world they come from - but must be approached with appropriate caution.

“What do you remember about before?”
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Letha Úlfurdur

Change author:
Letha
Taking the blindfold and handing it back to the Wraith, Letha found a larger rock to have a seat on. Her mind was already trying to go over every aspect of her spar with the older woman, as she was want to do, but that would have to wait. Letha assumed she would sit here long after Wessex left to self-analyze what had transpired. For now, however, she did not mind talking with the matriarch.

When the woman admitted that she might not have known that about her, she shrugged some. Her hands came together to fidget idly, as she usually was seen doing. "I guess my Ascended form is as bright as the Voice intended, then." Even as she said the words, she felt as though she were merely parroting them. While the younger woman had seen the Voice when the group of them erected her shrine here in Torchline, she still felt disconnected from her. Perhaps she would need to visit the shrine on her own. "I guess I relied on...anything else." Her brows knit together.

"I think I was younger where I came from, than I am now." She started. "I remember mostly vague information, general things. Most everything is still foggy, but I do remember my family. Still foggy, but clearer than anything else I know."

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
“I would never say that being deaf is a flaw, but the Voice…” She definitely would. Hopefully in a non-judgemental way. Wessex shrugs. “She took all my scars. I used to have loads of them, all over. A mark of surviving. But that was way before I had a reputation.” Chuckling dryly, she thinks that whatever the scars might have done for her, her nickname and status does twofold. The Wraith. Accurate, but dramatic.

Putting the blindfold back into a little pocket somewhere, Wessex listens and nods. “That must be hard, not knowing your past. I’m sorry coming here affected you that way. I’ve heard it isn’t always… pleasant and straightforward.” A little grimace at the truth, but that seems to be the cost of living these days. Not much is pleasant, other than the company of other like-minded folk.[say “Maybe she could tell you more. Or help jog your memory?” Or not. Even the demigod isn’t too sure how the portals work only that they don’t go in reverse.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX