down where bones slumber
DANTEEEEEE
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie
i'll plant a row of daisy seeds
in the space beneath each eye
In the wake of Deimos and Amalia getting married, Evie is riding the gentle lull of contentment and euphoria that comes from seeing your sister be bonded eternally to the man she loves. Admittedly the time is winding closer and closer before she is able to return to Halo, before the portal is trapped beneath snow and ice that even the Academy's magical blessing cannot ward off. It only makes her decision harder, trying to determine where she she's needed, where she fits. Evie scoffs softly to herself as she walks across the pitted surface of the Bone Bridge. As if it matters where she fits. What is important is keeping her loved ones safe, being on hand to assist during LongNight's cruel hours.

Her time in Torchline had been extremely successful, as evident by the bulging bag at her side, teeming with seeds and starters. Books and journals. All native to Torchline and inaccessible in the Hollowed Ground. For now. Evie definitely intends to get a greenhouse started, though whether that will fall before or after LongNight she's not quite sure...

Lost in thought, she brushes away a lock of red hair that tickles over her cheek, abuzz with plans and timelines that never seem to properly mesh.
so they'll remind you of your beauty
when they bloom each time you cry
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DANTE
What had happened to Dante was inexplicable. Not because he didn't feel like explaining where he had gone off to for just short of a year, but he truly didn't know. Okay, sure, he'd been exploring some parts of the Hallowed Ground he'd yet to poke his nose into. And maybe, not his words, he was biting off more than he could chew with the help of newfound confidence that came along with wielding a new weapon. That's not to say he doesn't remember anything!

He does remember the intense exhaustion that seeped from his bones to every inch of his being. Keeping his eyes open had become such a grueling task, he'd closed his eyes for just a moment, he'd swear on it, and woke up to snow. Snow and cold. Sooo cold.

Shaking sleep and ice from his thin frame Dante has made his way from beside a frozen bush, hands hardly shaking as his body temperature readjusts to the idea of 'living'. A yawn parting blue lips as he approaches the structure closest by— the Bone Bridge. A spark of familiar red catches his eye despite his sleep-addled state.

"Mo— Evie?" His voice comes out scratchier than his first month of puberty and Dante attempts to clear his throat before trying again. "Evie, is that you?"

I'll be good for all of the time that I never could
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3 & table by Sky!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
The voice that comes curling from the pale greyness of the world around her is startling, and she whirls around to try and place it visually, copper hair fanning around her. It's a familiar, boyish sound, and her heart leaps in her breast with a hope she has not felt in quite some time. Hope that is immediately rewarded as her gaze falls upon the young boy she had taken beneath her wing last LongNight. He is covered in dirt and snow, a confused haze lingering across his visage, and admittedly looking rather worse for wear.

It doesn't matter to Evie. She rushes to him without a second thought, feet echoing strangely over the pitted surface of the Bridge. He is alive. And unharmed, aside from lingering exhaustion she determines as her magic seeps out and finds nothing to latch onto as her hands come up to cup his face. Tears filling her blue eyes in a wave of emotion that Evie hadn't anticipated. "Dante!" As if his name alone can convey the relief and exultation she feels at reuniting with him. Immediately and shamelessly pulling him into an embrace, uncaring of the dirt that stains her clothes at the action. "Where in the world have you been?! I've been worried sick!"
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DANTE
As quickly as Dante is enveloped in Evie's embrace he feels his body relax with one big sigh of relief. His skinny arms wrap their way around her body and return the affection without a second thought. He can't find the words, throat closing up as opens his mouth to speak before shaking his head and pressing his dirty cheek to the top of her head, pulling her in tighter. He has no explanation that would suffice, nor anything that even himself can make sense of to offer her.

As he revels in the natural warmth she exudes he feels the slightest crackle of energy in the air, causing his spine to straighten and a hiss of pain slipping from his lips. Despite the lack of serious injuries to his person, there's an ache in his bones from misuse that ebbs as he holds Evie to his chest.

"I don't know... How long has it been? I never..." Dante clears his throat once more. He wonders if he's getting a sore throat from the cold. "I never meant to leave, Evie. I promise, I never meant to."

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
It's a peculiar sensation, when she wraps her arms around him. Like nodding off in front of a fire burning low, or sinking exhausted into bed after a long day and not having the wherewithal to pull a blanket close. She sways and stumbles a little to catch herself from falling directly upon the boy. He may be taller than her, but his arms seem so weak, his countenance frail. Yet she can't seem to muddle together a thought as to why, mind completely and spontaneously scattered.

Her arms sag limp around him, knees buckling a little even as she tries to squeeze a hand comfortingly round his nape. Even as her energy seems to wane preternaturally, Evie still seeks to comfort and console. "'s...'salmost LongNight again," she slurs, holding tight to keep herself upright. "Issokay, Dante. Just..." Her knees buckle before she can finish, sliding down towards the snow as her free hand goes to grip her head, wondering what in the world is wrong with her.
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Change author:
DANTE
LongNight already? He'd only arrived just before LongNight the year before and here he'd slept through the majority of that year. Dammit. He could hardly wield his bow better than the day he'd first received it and now it was the most imperative time to carry his own weight and he was hardly useful in the first place.

Dante is quickly pulled from his thoughts as he feels Evie's grip tighten around his nape before weakening to the point of collapse. As his own strength is still returning, despite the energy that crackles around his body, the best he can do is attempt to slow her fall. Catching her under her arms and helping her settle on the blanket of snow at their feet.

"Evie?! Hey, Evie? Are you okay?" There's no disguising the concern that creases his brow as he crouches beside her. Each passing moment he continues to feel more alive, assumedly from finally waking from a dead sleep.

"Can you walk?" Dante presses a hand to her forehead to check for a fever but doesn't find any cause for concern, his hands moving to support her back with one and hold her hand with the other. Somebody at the Hallowed Ground must know the cause of her sudden weakness even if he didn't know who just yet.

Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
There's no time to comfort or coddle, all too aware of just how much time the boy has lost. There is only the sag of her limbs, the exhaustion that feels so much deeper and more poignant than a few days of rough sleep. Not that that has been in short supply recently either. Everything is muzzy and vague, and it's a struggle to keep her wits about her as Dante holds her close, his frantic voice loud and disorienting in her ears.

Walking...that sounds like a Herculean effort. Even so some deeply buried maternal instinct - one that grows roots and burrows through the earth towards sunlight whenever this boy is around her - grows stronger, demanding she concede. There is no alternative. LongNight approaches once more, and she cannot let either of them be left behind, astray beyond the barricaded doors. "Temple...th' Temple, Dante." If he can lead, Evie will force her body to follow, no matter the consequences.

Just...one foot...after the other...

- FIN