[SE]...And their thatched-roof cottages!
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
cut me open and let all the ink run from these veins, until my words bleed dry, and only blank pages remain
Had they all been up there, the unwelcome visitors might have been in danger of being buffeted, if nothing else. Rance wasn't actually sure if these bats would attack intruders, the ones he'd hunted in the past had been happy enough to flee. But, unless he planned on returning during the day, he wasn't likely to find out anytime soon.

It seemed like the two attuned realized the lack of danger almost simultaneously, Rance rising from his crouch a moment after his 'ride'. He tilted his head, watching the bats, wishing he dared return to human form to see them from that point of view as well. Still it was a strange moment of peace, standing there with with the sun's dying light turning the attic orange, reflecting off dust motes stirred up by the bats' movements.

After a few moments, he murmured into the link, I'm Rance, by the way.
RANCE
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
she grabbed a razor for me
and she did it, just like that
The peace hung about, the last light of day coloring pelts and feathers and spreading shadows from the fleeing bats. Soon they were all but disappeared, and the leopard and raven were left to stand. A name was offered, given far later in the interaction than usual, but it seemed right that way considering their start. "Aisha," she returned, in an almost friendly tone, before mockery and teasing made itself present once more.

"I'm sure it's been a pleasure," came her chiding words, she leaned towards him with a predatory purr.
when she want something
she don't wanna pay for it
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
cut me open and let all the ink run from these veins, until my words bleed dry, and only blank pages remain
He'd hoped off her back when it proved safe enough and now that the bats were gone, he turned his attention to her. Having the much larger beast leaning over him should have kicked fight or flight instincts into gear. However, after all the banter they'd been trading Rance felt far from threatened. Only as much as you treasured our meetin', pussy cat. He made a opened his beak and let out a sound like a cat's meow. Or, more accurately, a girlish human voice attempting the sound. He couldn't full on talk as raven, not conversationally, but his mimicry was vastly better.
RANCE
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
she grabbed a razor for me
and she did it, just like that
Rance's reply and impressive mimickry earned a "Mmmmmm," from Aisha, then she gave her own verbal cat's meow. Only hers was more of a cats mow, a raspy growling sound that came with parted jaw. A glance to the window where the bats had departed showed that the sun was no longer taking it's time, and the moon would soon be upon them. It was probably a good time to go, having done what she'd followed to do.

"I'd stay longer love, but I'm afraid I was running errands," it wasn't much of a goodbye, but she did love to make an exit. And with that Aisha turned and disappeared down the stairs, back out of the abandoned house and into the streets, walking home to the beat of the hummingbat's tune.

Fin!
when she want something
she don't wanna pay for it