{SE} seeking animals
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
The story sounded... almost good enough with her. Letting out a hum, she thinks "Maybe it'd do...I've already had one human ask me about myself for 'story purposes', which was quite weird. The questions were super odd, but I guess that's what storytellers do." The human had called themselves a special role... storyseekers? Loretellers? Delta couldn't remember it right now and why should she, she has something far more important to deal with.

Removing herself from her prior perch, she begins to make her way slightly closer to the lion, clearly watching the water levels as she went. This time, her voice was sent mentally due to her going underwater a small bit. I think... I mean, maybe it's the way my fins are? They kind of remind me of your mane. Big and fanny, then again, we also name other fish silly things. Like... a catfish! It doesn't even look like a cat... do they? She had only seen cats from a very far distance, none ever coming close to the waters' edge.

Finally, she resurfaced fully, now far more significantly closer to the manticore. "I'd like to think I'm pretty fierce." She offered him a grin before moving on to far more important things. "You said you were lion and other animals... so what animal does that make you?"
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
The manticore chuckled much as any leonine creature could. Could be. It would make more sense if they were around your face though. Remi remarked with a shrug of his tawny shoulders. But you're right, we come up with all sorts of silly names for things. I doubt fish like being called cats no matter how close the relation, given that they are often hunted by them.

Swivelling his ears at the sound of something frolicking just off the coast, the large cat blinked and narrowed his eyes. What...are those? He asked of the small pod of pinkish creatures flitting in and out of the water. Clicking gleefully as a means of communication, the pink dolphins seemed to be trying to corral a group of fish into the shallows to more easily feast upon them.

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
This lion is surprisingly a great conversationalist, but then again, he's also kind of the Governor so maybe that's why he was elected. His remarks were amusing and ones that Delta could understand and relate to. "When I shift into my fish form fully, I do have some that are... kind of near my face? My fins are big and they spread out," But then again, they weren't exactly near her face now that she thought about it deeply. "I'd imagine so. Catfish tend to be too big for a normal cat, but I'm sure you could catch one pretty easily." It was a fact of life honestly and Delta didn't mind talking about it.

Before she could ask a question of her own, the lion turned his attention towards the ocean, speaking out again. Turning her own head, Delta looked out and saw what he was referring to- maybe. "Do you mean the pink things? They're called Encantados. They're... fun." Fun is one way to put it. "Kinda like Ludo, if you think about it. Tricky little things. They can be sweet as can be but also play little tricks. They can make storms appear from nowhere or turn what seems to be atrocious and never ending into bright skies." Was Delta speaking from experience? Probably not. People talk and they exaggerate.
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
Perhaps one day you can show me. I'll come back with a manta stone and we can go for a swim. Remi doesn't add that once he could shift into an octopus, if only because the conversation of how it came to be that he lost the ability isn't one he particularly wants to have. I probably could, yes. Remi agreed with a grin.

Really? Turning his gaze towards them, eyes narrowing, the manticore leaned as close to the edge of the bar of sand upon which he stood as he could. Do you..could you do me a favour, Delta? I want to try something, but it means my body will be vulnerable. Could you watch over me, for a moment?"

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The offer earned a grin on her face and she nodded. "Yes, that'd be great! I wish I could take people under water without using a crystal, but I've been told that I cant receive an item like that." It was a sad thing in her mind, but it's fine. She'd just figure something else out.

Nodding, Delta watched as the lion leaned forward. "Yep, and you can probably tell from here that they're pink too." That fact amused Delta greatly. Such cute little creatures with a gorgeous pink color turned out to be quite the evil mastermind at times. It was a true example of the fact that looks can be deceiving.

His request was a simple one that Delta knew she could easily fulfill. "Of course, go ahead. I'll keep watch and make sure you're okay. If anything is wrong, send me a message." She'd still watch out to make sure he was safe, but the bond was also an excellent tool that should absolutely be used to ensure his safety. Honestly, she's pretty damn happy that Attuned and Merpeople can communicate through the same bond, it's a real blessing that has made both of their lives easier.
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
"Oh? I'm sure there are ways." Remi said skeptically, missing his ability to create such items now more than ever.

Will do The Alchemist replied cheekily, moving back towards the beach and shifting himself before finding a comfortable and (hopefully) safe position away from the water. Closing his eyes, he reached out with his mind towards the pod of playful pink creatures, selecting one of the older ones whose mind was calmer and more open to his probing. After a moment or so, Remi found himself nestled amidst its soul, controlling the strange creature. Integrating easily, he leaped from the water, trilling brightly towards Delta as he swam near. Swimming in circles around the mermaid, the dolphin raised its comically smiling face above the water. I wasn't sure whether or not that would work. Remi hummed mentally, his voice tinged somewhat by the encantados bright and adorable charm.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Raising an eyebrow at his comment, Delta could only shrug. "I mean, a spirit told me I couldn't get something like that... but maybe a way does eventually exist. I know I'd love to find it." She would embrace it with open arms, eager to show many others the beauty of the ocean without killing off many mantas.

It seemed the Governor had faith in her as he made his way back towards the shore, shifting back into his human form. Shame, Delta really did want to pet that mane but oh well. Instead, her focus shifted onto whatever it is he was planning on doing. It wasn't until she heard the sound of the encantados moving that she turned her attention towards the blush creature. Eyes widened as she watched it swim around her, the grin so obvious on its face. "How... what sort of magic is this?" Was it... something that fit in with his abilities to shift? She had never seen something like it. The most she could assume was that this had something to convincing the creature to swim around her.
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
A spirit? The Alchemist wasn't entirely sure what to make of that, having never experience the phenomenon Delta was describing for himself.

It...comes from Ludo. Remi explained, a bit uncertain how it worked himself. I can leave my body as a spirit and...inhabit animals nearby. I can inhabit other people as well sometimes, though it isn't a particularly pleasant experience for them, I've been told. So saying, the dolphin gave a sunny smile, dipping its head back underwater only to shoot up again tossing water Delta's way.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The explanation made... some sense.

Delta didn't quite know a lot about the gods. She knew some, of course, seeing as she was brought up always knowing about their existence and learning about each individual one, each one getting their own lesson no matter if they were just a herald or one of the major gods. It was stressed that the gods were very important to learn about, though, her father did have one that he particularly aligned himself to. No matter, Delta appreciated them greatly, but even then there was so much she didn't know.

This magic was, to put it lightly, incredible! There were some ethical questions she did have. "And... how do these animals feel?" It was far from accusatory, more like she was just curious, she eyes wide and head tilted to the side ever so slightly. "Does that mean that you align yourself to Ludo? I haven't quite figured out which god I fit in most with... I know most humans and merfolk alike tend to lean towards one of the gods, I'm not even sure how I'd know which one to pick." It should be obvious to Remi that Delta is someone who is curious, ready to learn.

She tries her best to keep an open mind and to show Remi that she means no judgement, only wishing to learn and expand her knowledge. The splash of water fades away her seriousness and a smile appears back on her face, her features relaxing once more. "It's an incredible magic, Remi. Spectacular." It was a simple compliment, but one she deeply meant.

Looking up at the sky, she let out a soft sigh. "I guess... you'll have to be going soon? Seeing as you're the Governor and it is getting late in the day... will you be able to talk with me again?" Remi has been fantastic to speak with and there's still so much left for Delta to learn!
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Well...with prey animals like this, they are often a bit startled but allow my presence willingly enough. Predators are a different story but... The dolphin can't quite shrug, but Remi manages something like it with his flippers. The magic isn't so different from what he could once do as an attuned, so he finds the ability quite natural.

I...suppose I do. Remi answers with a fair bit of hesitation. He understands more of what the god stands for now, but even so, it seems strange to say that he's aligned with the raggedy god. But it's true in more ways than it isn't. I don't know that you need to pick, really. Unless it's Safrin. She...tends to like to like her followers to obey only her.

The mention of his role as governor has the Alchemist sighing mentally, knowing Delta is right. Letting go of the dolphin's mind, it chatters brightly and swims away as Remi opens his eyes back on the beach. "It was nice to meet you, Delta!" He calls, waving to her before setting back off towards the town.

~FIN

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky