untidy rooms and rumpled beds
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANCE

Despite the fact that both Rance and Oliver had been eager enough to get together that day in the woods, life would have other ideas. The downpour that had halted their encounter in the woods barely let up long enough for Rance to fly back to the VlamVloed. The days following were filled with being hired to help with building repairs, work around the bar. Really, he wasn't so sure about this 'working and living in one spot' thing. On one hand, less nights sleeping in a tree. On the other, it had been the longest he'd remained in one place in almost a decade and he could almost feel his wings itching under his skin.

It was definitely time to let off some steam.

So, a couple days into Deepfrost, Rance found himself in front of -- what he hoped -- was Oliver's door, a bit impressed and a little baffled all over again. He'd been told it was a 'manor', but that still didn't prepare Rance for the size of the building or the grounds. Questions and curiosity building, he walked up to the main entrance and rapped on the door.
i dont want for much, only a book, some whiskey
and the kiss of your touch
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
One of the downsides of living in such a town in this precise era was the lack of communications. Oliver had vague memories of easier ways to communicate, but none were efficient, not yet at least. It left him constantly curious about when Rance would drop by. Though, he did worry a small bit that he may be out busy whilst the man had visited and could only hope that luck would be by his side.

And indeed, it was. Today had been a long one, filled with intense working. He had only just finished washing off all the sweat, taking a long bath which allowed his muscles to relax. It left him placed in front of the fireplace in the main living area, a cup of tea in hand and his sketchbook laying on the ground next to him. The blonde was wearing a cream colored sweater, one that was knitted together. His pants were loose fitting brown ones that hugged at his ankles and at his waist, allowing for mostly easy movement. Normally he'd reside to his room, but today he wanted to be available if any of the guests within the manor needed him. As well, he was still hopeful for a visit from Rance.

The knocking at the door quickly caught his attention. His hopes were high, but he tried to maintain a disposition of etiquette and professionalism. Setting the mug down, he made his way over to the door and opened it up. His eyes widened and a smile grew on his face at the sight of the redhead. "Nice to see you again, you seem well." He opened the door up a bit more and stepped back. "Feel free to come inside, the fires going. You can set down your coats and things over on the table and shoes can go by the door for drying." Look at him being such a nice homeowner.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
RANCE

Rance couldn't be sure Oliver was home, of course. Even before he reached the door, he'd already started building contingency plans. A long flight, maybe? Explore the Settlement again?

Or maybe he could trade a couple shots of whiskey for some head.

Luckily, it turned out the blond was home, so his tentative list of 'dealing with being annoyingly horny' was put on the back burner. He gave Oliver a lopsided grin and walked over the threshold, stepping to the side so Oliver could close the door. "I'm doin' all right. This place gets damn busy come Deepfrost." As directed, cloak, jacket, and boots were shucked. Beneath the layers of black fabric, he wore a dark blue, long-sleeved shirt, relatively new for him, but already showing signs of wear in the form of wrinkles from frequently rolled up sleeves. Like the trousers he'd arrived on Caido with, these were tight and black, though made from sturdy fabric instead of tailored leather. "You?"

His gaze roamed over Oliver's body, taking in his clean, relaxed appearance. It did nothing for the forming possibility that Oliver was some sort of nobility. Or, at least, had fallen into whatever this world's equivalent of 'riches' was.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
It must be pretty lucky for Rance that Oliver opened the door in that case, equally as eager to enjoy himself for the night. Unlike Rance, Oliver was only just now finding out about it, creating a shift in their dynamic. One had been waiting for it for a while and the other was caught off guard, but still just as excited. The door was closed behind Rance swiftly, but not a slam. Must keep the cold out as much as possible, after all.

Unless Rance voiced his curiosities surrounding Oliver's status and why he had the manor, it would go unspoken. The answer was extroadinarily simple in Oliver's eyes and it had simply lapsed his thoughts at this moment, most likely because he had other things to think about, such as watching the man before him shed off his layers, eyes searching over the red-head's body as he did so.

There is a playful hum and he offers Rance a light shrug. "Been trying to help out as much as possible. I've also been trying to work in my forge as much as possible until, ya know, it gets too close to LongNight." Speaking of which, Oliver had a very important question to ask. "What are your LongNight plans? I know I'll be in the Inn at Torchline and I wouldn't mind if you joined me." Offering the man a smirk, hopefully it was obvious what he was intending to do should the man go there as well.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Change author:
RANCE

The news that Oliver was a smith was new and interesting information. He didn't have the build Rance imagined, that was for sure, but who was he to judge? That he was helping with seasonal preparations was no surprise, even less so after learning his trade. Rance nodded, understanding.

The invitation that came on the tails of that, however, was surprising enough to have red brows arching. His smile stretched a little wider, bemused. "I was plannin' on heading to Torchline, yeah. Still decidin' what I'll do from there." He tilted his head, hands resting loosely on his hips. "Wouldn't a smithy be too busy for guests?" His tone was playful, like he knew exactly what Oliver was implying. Giving a straight affirmative or negative was a bit much, even if he knew he'd likely seek the other man out -- and not just for sex! But as a lead into to something more immediately interesting, Rance would take the bait with delight.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
If only Oliver knew just how many people were shocked by his profession due to his build, it would be quite amusing and shocking at the same time. Plus, it could provide some great fodder in this case, seeing as Oliver was rather confident in his strength by this point that's to so much training.

It was great news that Rance was planning on going to Torchline, one that brought a smile to Oliver's face. But then that little comment, it had an edge to it and it turned the smile into a smirk. "Too busy? Nonsense... besides, I do love it when visitors drop by my shop, didn't put in a couch in there for nothing." It was absolutely lame and he realized it, judging by the light blush. "Anyways. Care to join me by the fire, you look freezing." Taking a couple of steps back, Oliver could only hope that Rance would begin to follow him.

His eyes glanced to the side momentarily before they landed on Rance. "Just in case you were wondering, other people do live here but I'm sure they're either in their rooms or off doing something else." And Oliver knew his room was pretty damn sound proof... from prior experience.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Change author:
RANCE

Rance did indeed follow, almost as happy for the fire as he was for the conversation. He might have been used to cold winters, but that didn't mean he wasn't happy to avoid them. And the room Oliver was leading him toward looked comfortable. He chuckled when the couch was mentioned, entertained by the idea and the image it brought to mind. Aloud, he replied, "I don't know about freezing, but I've never missed my cloak more." That wasn't entirely true, he'd missed his cloak of feathers a lot for the first month or so after his arrival, but the frigid air certainly drove home the fact that it was missing.

Expressive brows rose at the mention of the manor's other occupants, curious. An expression that was cracked by a crooked smile a second later as he realized what Oliver was making a point to imply. He turned to face the blond, head tilted slightly, not quite peering at him through his lashes. "Then I take it you don't mind a little company while you have so much room to yourself?" As he spoke, he reached up and loosened the laces of his shirt.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Looking the other man over properly, Oliver found himself smiling ever so slightly. While Rance probably meant some kind of magical cloak, Oliver did have a special idea in mind. "I cannot give you your old cloak back... but I know you'd look sexy as hell in the sort that I'm used to, if you'd like for me to get you one from the market." It was maybe a bit strange of a comment, but Rance looked like he'd be super hot in a cloak! Oliver was just being fully honest right now.

The following response made his smile grow ever so slightly and he found himself taking a step closer, his hand raising to gently press against Rance's arm. "Not at all... but don't go taking away all my fun." Clearly, he wanted him to stop messing with the laces of his shirt as that was for him to do. "We could sit by the fire if you'd like... but I also wouldn't mind taking you up to my room now if you really want to." It all depended on what Rance wanted. Oliver knew that's where he wanted to end up, but where they started was equally as important in his eyes.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Change author:
RANCE

"The 'sort that you're used to'?" The wording on that certainly had Rance wondering. Especially when Oliver mentioned he'd look sexy in one. His offer to get one for Rance wasn't helping the image that was building of Oliver being 'rich'. but even as he was having that thought, he recognized that he really needed to work on how 'rich' and 'poor' was defined in a society without a concept of money.

Not that this was the time or place for rearranging his perceptions. there were much more interesting things to grab his attention.

Such as the hand on his arm, pausing the work of his own fingers with a look and the idea that Rance would be getting help soon enough. Rance pretended to ponder the options Oliver gave him, glancing toward the fire and the comfortable looking chairs, smile still tugging at his lips. "Hm... as much fun as pinnin' you against the wall right here would be," Rance mused, taking a step closer still, turning his attention down to Oliver with a mischievous glint in his eyes. His free hand found Oliver's waist and began slowly tugging his shirt up, searching for skin. "I assume goin' to your room now would mean not endin' up with an accidental audience...."
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The words chosen were far from the best ones. "You told me that you used your cloak to shift between raven and human... and while I cannot provide you with a cloak that does something like that, I can find you one purely as a fashion statement. It'll keep you warm and you'll look damn sexy wearing it." It seemed he frequently confused Rance with his words, but even when he did, they didn't deter the man from moving on forward. It was nice and Oliver enjoyed it.

Once Rance had stopped his motions Oliver allowed his hand to fall, brushing up against Rance's chest as he did so. Looking into the other man's eyes he bit down on his lip and suppressed a smirk. The thoughts that ran through his mind caused his body to shudder. Fuck would it be amazing to have Rance do just that. "Who's saying you cant do that to me in my room?" Clearly, Oliver really wanted that and he was going to get it one way or another.

A hand drifted towards his waist and Oliver found himself leaning in closer, his breath hitching when the hand brushed up against his skin- still chilly from being outside. "True, unless that's your thing..." His voice trailed off as his mind wandered. Then, there was a small fire in his eyes and he couldn't even hide the smile on his face. "Well, in that case... guess you want to take the fastest way up there." And then in a flash, he pulled away and shifted into his woodpecker shift.

Wings fluttered quickly as he soon flew straight up the stairs. Once at the top, he shifted back into his typical form and leaned against the wall, watching and waiting.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Change author:
RANCE

Once he explained, Rance understood. And the sentiment was... actually kind of sweet. Even if that likely wasn't what Oliver was going for at all. Still, if a cloak could be made with feathers on it in some capacity... maybe even his own feathers, if he saved them up....

An idea for later. The conversation was moving on and Rance's train of thought was on much more immediate things.

Like pinning Oliver up against any wall or door, regardless of who might be watching. Rance made a rumbling sound of approval, pleased that the blond was just as interested. "Don't really care either way," he replied in regards to being caught while making out. While he wasn't going to put on a performance for anyone, there was a certain thrill to showing people what they could have, but blatantly denying them of it. Don't you wish this was you I was touching?

The thrill, along with the early contact of their not-quite embrace, would have had Rance pushing Oliver against the wall right there. But then a spark of mischief lit the blond's expression and casually uttered words ended with a breeze and a flutter of wings. Rance watched blinked in surprise, automatically tracking the small bird up the stairs.

"Oh, so that's how it's gonna be? He grinned, a thrill of a different kind zinging through him, and shifted as well. He wasn't as fast as Oliver had been, not in the confined space, but a sweeps of broad wings had him dropping down directly in front of Oliver. He landed on human feet, hands going to either side of Oliver's head as Rance leaned forward.

"Sneaky fucker," he murmured, grin still stretching his lips. Lips that immediately crashed down onto Oliver's in a hungry kiss.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
A raise of his eyebrow and Oliver smirks at him. "Really? Didn't take you much for a man who likes having an audience around." Of course, Oliver would be the one to truly decide what would happen and just like that he was off. He managed to shift back in time to see a raven flying in towards him, the grin on his face showing just how happy he was with himself for getting Rance to follow after him. It was a pretty damn clever thing of him to do, using his bird shift to quickly move things closer to his room. Oliver very easily could've flown down the hallway, guiding the man to the final destination, but what was the fun in that?

The verbal response from Rance was exactly what Oliver wanted to see. Rance had done exactly what he wanted- he had riled the man up and in the end, he got exactly what he wished for. Lips crashed into his and his eyes fluttered shut, a hum of satisfaction escaping his mouth. Hands moved, one drifted to the back of Rance's neck and holding him in close and the other moving to grasp at the waistband of Rance's pants, pulling him forward and allowing his fingers to run along that part of skin. While he did want to end up in the room eventually, there was certainly no harm in having a little bit of fun out here.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Change author:
RANCE

He would have followed Oliver anywhere in the house in that moment, trusting that the blond's interest in taking that leap past flirting was as great as his. More comfortable and private places would be preferable eventually. But an empty hallway was more than enough to give Rance the opportunity to turn the spark into a roaring flame.

Rance felt the tug at his waist and didn't resist, stepping forward into Oliver's space. A low hum of approval rumbled from his chest as fingers brushed his stomach and neck. In response, Rance tilted his head, seeking to deepen the kiss by running his tongue along Oliver's bottom lip. His arms folded as he was drawn closer, one hand sliding down to grip the shorter man's bicep, the other coming forward to cup his jaw, fingers teasing over his ear.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
In all honesty, Oliver would lead them into the deeper parts of the manor, heading towards the room that he calls his. The only problem with that was that he seemed to be quite preoccupied, far more interested in the man before him than breaking away and ruining the moment. Besides, nobody else seemed to be around them in the manor, so what was the harm in doing this? A small part of him even wanted to partially shift his ears to listen out for anyone who may interrupt them, but Oliver went against it, afraid that it'd turn off Rance.

Letting out a soft moan at the brush of tongue on his lips, Oliver happily obliged, spreading his lips and pushing his tongue forward to rub against the other mans'. Fingers curled along his neck, playing with the ends of his hair and scratching ever so slightly, not enough to leave a mark but it was absolutely felt. His other hand was slow and meticulous, moving from his stomach down further slowly edging around his waist and slightly lower, just giving Rance a taste of what could come in the future.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE