wherever this leaves us
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I will fight the end
"I really didn't," he said, the truth of the words hanging between them. But there was truth in his silence, too, in what he didn't say: I wanted it to be. But she was right, and it was a future that could no longer be, a madness he would regrettably have to leave at the door. Although here and now, in the space of a conversation Ronin had never expected to have, he did not feel quite so certain in his conviction that he would have nothing more to do with the lady of the stars either.

There were things he didn't understand, even now; forces at play that he couldn't possibly fathom. Remi's current situation with Ludo said as much. Volcanos erupted, the Ascended roamed the world opening portals, mud monsters attacked festivals and killed children. "I think," he said slowly, "that it would be very naive of me, to step away from you now. Things are not always so black and white, are they?"

'til the end is here

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
Safrin had to turn her head at that, as if perhaps she heard something outside the window, to hide the way her lips turned into a crescent. A girlish thrill washed through her then, an entirely mortal feeling to be sure, but such was the point of this conversation. To lower herself from her lofty place in the stars, and to speak with Ronin on his level.

"You wish to stay out of mere ignorance, then?" She wondered, turning back to him, though not sounding upset about the framing of his allegiance in these terms. "They are not. And even if you gave me a thousand nights like this one, I could not explain everything to you." Perhaps it was a trick of the light, how the breath she drew seemed to flutter, at the mention of a thousand nights spent together.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I will fight the end
"No," Ronin said softly. "I wished to leave out of ignorance. Ignorance, and grief for something I perceived to be done to me. Looking back, I understand my reaction, but I still feel foolish." Seren's appearance in his life had been a punch to the gut, to be sure. And yet, after the shock had worn off, he was as much her father as he would have been if he had known about her from the beginning.

"I wish to stay because I misunderstood you, Safrin. I judged you, and I judged harshly. As you say, I am only mortal, and I... I cannot help mourning my daughter." He sighed, rubbing at his forehead. "I am sorry, though, that I did not try to understand earlier. I let myself be carried away by my own feelings."

'til the end is here

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
Most do judge her harshly, and Safrin can't help but relax slightly as some of the venom in his thoughts seem to dissipate. "Nor should you." She says with a shake of her head. "I tried to get Ludo to bring Aoife's soul down for the Festival of Lights, but.." Frowning, she exhaled an unhappy sigh. "The game it chose us to play, is one it always beats me at."

Another step forward, only a handful of paces away now, Safrin pauses. "As did I." Though the emotions of a goddess have far more reaching consequences than that of one man, even a darkened star, still, it is born from the same place.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
I will fight the end
He raised his eyebrows at that, not knowing (obviously) or even thinking himself important enough for her to play games and place bets with fellow gods, just for him to glimpse his daughter again. But perhaps Ronin had been too wrapped up in himself then, still - it had been easier to think of Safrin as the adversary, as someone to rail against. But starlit and bright as the world might be in her presence, the Star was beginning to learn that things were ever in shades of grey. And that wasn't a bad thing.

"A wonder that Ludo did not think to do the same for Remi," he said, quietly confused and ever more suspicious of the masked god that had taken his husband under its raggedy wing. "Thank you though, for trying."

She stepped forward and for the first time Ronin mirrored her, not knowing what he wanted to do - to pledge himself to her anew? To beg forgiveness? To reach out? All was too muddled, still. "Well," he said, "I am not carried away any longer. If you say there are things at play larger than I can hope to understand, and that Seren is an important part in it... then I cannot think badly of you for bringing her to me. I will raise her as best I know how."

'til the end is here

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
"Is it?" The goddess wonders, a brow raised, her lips mirroring the movement in a frown. Hadn't Ronin heard her words of love for him? Of his value to her? Whereas Remi and Ludo...such was a relationship of convenience, to be sure. "I would watch him, with Ludo." Safrin said in a low voice, as if not wanting anyone else to hear despite their seeming isolation here. "Or else I might be playing games for you to see more than just Aoife, come the next festival."

'I know you will, my star." Fallen or dark, it hardly mattered anymore. Her galactic gaze sank into his blue stare; every part of Safrin wanted to go to him, then. From the way her lips trembled into the form of a smile, how the lines near her eyes deepened, how her pale gown flinched with tense muscles hidden beneath. But she didn't go to him, much as she wanted to.

"LongNight approaches. Are you ready?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
I will fight the end
Safrin's words, whilst they might have once upon a time stroked his ego, did not fill him with relief; Ronin nodded gravely at her advice. "I will," he vowed. "Thank you. I'll be as vigilant as I can, with both of them." He might not be around for Longnight, and Safrin had already said she would do what she could, but at every other season, Remi and Seren would have no greater guardian than the hunter.

Speaking of that night, Ronin stiffened, his blue eyes not leaving his goddess, though he had no doubt that she would see right through him, to the nightmarish things he had seen when training with Remi, to the anxiety over what he was going to face come Longnight. "I think so," he said slowly, swallowing hard. "I am as ready as I will ever be, at this point." He had to stop himself from moving further toward her as well, as if following her lead.

Ronin has completed the following threads in luxere form, bringing his STR stat to 30:

{Training} butting heads
{Training} I don't care if it hurts

'til the end is here

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
Ready as he'd ever be, might not be ready enough. Her eyes said as much.

"If everyone simply stays inside as they are meant to, you should have few problems." With tight lips and eyes that said more than her words did, Safrin turned from Ronin to move back towards the window overlooking the sea. Easier to regard the blue of the waves, than the quiet storm in Ronin's eyes. "I have counselled many, that closed doors are the only precautions needed." She mused with a weighty sigh, the room smelling of lilac suddenly.

'But as with nearly all years prior, there are sure to be those who discard my suggestions."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
I will fight the end
Even though he had known it deep down, seeing the doubt in Safrin's eyes simply confirmed everything to him, and Ronin had to swallow down the anxiety that surged up. Would he be the one who didn't live to see the sun again, this Longnight? Time alone would tell. But he had made a vow, and he would see it through one way or another.

Safrin turned away and Ronin found himself stepping after her, his footsteps hesitant, his stance uncertain. "There always are," he agreed, knowing already of people who would be outside. "But if I have anything to do with it, they'll not suffer as those who have been caught outside did previously." If nothing else, he might do that much.

'til the end is here

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
Safrin
everything looks perfect
from far away
"If that's the case, better you bring Remi with you. Yours is to protect, not to kill." Safrin says with a light shrug of her shoulders, her words having only the structure of a command with none of the emotion behind them. Ronin would do what he saw best, she knew that. Unlike her raggedy counterpart though, it brought her no joy to think of him taking life, even under such strained circumstances.

"Well, if there's nothing else." Safrin said, her voice affecting that same mortal sadness that seemed to line her face and make less-radiant her movements. "There will not even be stars above you in a few weeks, to remind you of all you do this for." For me, for Seren, for Vanya. "I'll want for nothing else than to see you again, when my stars once again shine."

So saying the goddess simply faded away, leaving not only the lingering smell of her or whorls of smoke as she was so often want to do.

~FIN