Personal Quest [RQ] by hand
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
save your eyes for someone brighter than i will ever be
He begins the trenches and yet again Ronin and him make quite the team when it comes to working together. He’s as cautious as he can be to not make his condition worse, but he still gives it his all. Especially when they move on and on, and the exhaustion begins to set in.

But then he can spot Fangorn growling and snarling and appearing somewhat frantic, and Sunjata’s abandoning his digging project to assist, his panther form making it swift and easy to get toward where Melita’s half sunk in a sinkhole.

And he shifts again into the nyala form, head lowering beside her with a look that seems to say ‘grab onto the horns’, before he tries to pull her out of it.

Panther!Jata sees Fangorn and shifts to Nyala!Jata to try and pull Melita out after finding her.
don't hesitate to bring me to my knees
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

Oh, look. Friends.

You've suppose it would have been too easy if everything went smoothly and everyone was happy about the damn canals (you, in case it was unclear, are not). The men who step in front of you are local thugs, not really the sort you'd like to do business with right here and now. Glancing around and seeing only Nate for backup, you shrug before turning a calm expression back to the men.

"Aye, got a lotta maps, none'a them here." Casually you place your hands in your pockets, making sure your stance is loose in case you need to dodge a punch. The cigarette smells awful. "How 'bout we talk business later, eh mate? Over a drink at Raz's?" Your voice is pleasant enough, but edged in steel. Let's not start a brawl, lads, hmm?

Zeph tries to convince the thugs to back off, while preparing to dodge a punch and retaliate if needed.
I was born here and I'll die here against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Always running his mouth, yeah he's got a few scars
They might not be friends, or even introduced properly yet (wow rude), but they are working together, and that's reason enough for Nate to step in behind whoever the thugs were, cracking his knuckles as he goes, just to add to the image a little bit. He doesn't need the preparation to throw a punch. Zeph seems to think they can take the diplomatic route though, and it's reason enough for Nate to keep still, keep from throwing the first punch.

Funnily enough, being the silent muscle, the intimidation factor, is something familiar to Nate, a job he'd had on and off since he was an over developed sixteen year old. He'd always run his mouth a little too much to really settle into it, but he can keep it up for the next few minutes, or however long it takes to convince the thugs that they'd be better off talking later.

And if they don't come to that decision, well. He's been aching for a fight lately.

Nate again trusts in Zeph, and does his best mean face to back up the smuggler, while being ready to knock heads and throw punches if shit goes sideways
NATE
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
there is always hope
Ronin didn't so much as hear the commotion as he heard Sunjata respond to it, the hunter's eyes widening as he turned to glance over his shoulder. Swearing under his breath, he left his double to continue working while he rushed over to help, shovel in hand.

"Hey there, Mr Pop-A-Stitch, don't be stupid," he advised the nyala, raising his eyebrows at him before hunkering down as well, stretching out the shovel for Melita to grab hold of since it had more reach.

"Can you grab this? It's too nice a day for you to be hanging out in a pit, Melita."

Ronin also goes to help, offering the shovel out for Melita to grab.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Just a quick lesson in physics for those of you here to learn a thing or two. When near quicksand, it's better to move with flat movements that distribute weight over a larger surface area, rather than smaller points of pressure...like the hooves of a Nyala, for example. As Sunjata lowers his horned head to Melita, her hands and forearms quite strong from all her archery practice, she easily latched onto his antlers. Of course...this increase of weight as he begins to pull her out causes his forelegs to sink down into the greedy sand as well. Go figure.

Ronin 's efforts are slightly more successful given those large feet of his, and as he hauls Melita up and out so that her upper body is freed, there's now Sunjata to worry about.

"Normally we'd take ye' up on that, but we're a lil busy jus' now, and you ain't look like yer up to much. So how abouts we walk on over to where the maps are, yah?" One of the thugs says to Zephyr, using one hand to crack the knuckles on the other, and then brutishly cracking his neck from side to side. With a glance towards Nate, one of the men scoffs. "'Side's, looks like yer pal here can handle...wot? sand castle makin?"

As all of this is happening, the Governor continues on his work blissfully unaware. Having gotten many businesses owners to vacate for the day so as not to interrupt the work, Remi shifts into his manticore form, using his large paws to begin digging at the soil.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
you must burn brighter than ever
She’d give credit to Fangorn’s rabble-rousing, rescue efforts, and to those that responded to the little gourd’s pleas. While she growled and hissed at herself, pulling and grabbing at whatever she could, her uncle and Ronin managed to snag, snatch her out of the sand. “Thank you,” she obliged to both – until of course, Sunjata’s shifted from now left him in the quagmire. “Honestly,” she laughed. “Do you want to shift and we can try to tug you out?” Would it be easier without his nyala form? She imagined it’d be less weight, less bulk, and her hands, grasp, intended to enclose, and grounded stance along the earth offered whatever he’d require. Then hopefully they’d be able to move on and accomplish their task, instead of being bogged down by the trials and tribulations around their feet.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Of course, Sunjata doesn’t quite think how the quicksand would react to thin hooves in his attempt to give Melita something to latch onto. Even Ronin’s comment ignites a slight snort from the Nyala, a shake of his head that sends the slightly fuzzy mohawk along his neck wiggling. But Melita latches on and he attempts to pull her out – but between him and Ronin, Melita manages to get out.

Then he realizes he’s sinking, and he snorts once more in a small amount of frustration, steel gaze flickering toward Melita at her question, filtering through which shifts he has that would help him get out of it better and faster. Immediately his mind goes to the bat shift of his – shifting into the flying fox and spreading his wings, trying to create as much surface area as possible for someone to scoop him up.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
there is always hope
"Any time. Providing I'm not also in mortal peril, of course." Ronin winked at her and folded his arms across his chest, backing off to wait and see what Sunjata would do to aid their efforts to help without risking them getting sucked into the sink hole as well. And he came through, shifting into a smaller and fuzzier version of himself that was much more portable.

Still, Ronin wasn't going to risk getting stuck in the mud himself - so, bouncing his eyebrows at Melita in amusement, he reached out to scoop up the flying fox with the shovel he'd brought with him, sand and all. That done, he turned to head back to where they were meant to be digging the trenches (providing there was no further disturbance of course).

"Trust you to be making sand castles when we have work to do," he chastised the Flood.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

"I don' look busy? What, y'can't see the whole crew I'm leadin' around, makin' sure none'a the new trenches get dug where they don' belong?" You're a little bit indignant, a little bit amused, gesticulating to show the group of rather poorly performing individuals gathered in your wake. The whole neck-cracking-knuckle-popping display is not encouraging; you find yourself grateful for Nate's presence, because he seems like he could take a hit. Though you hope it doesn't come to that.

Stepping forward stupidly conspiratorially, you jerk your head back at the rest of your gathering. "Look, y'all don't wanna be stirrin' trouble with this lot. It's a government job- last thing we need is them comin' down on our business, eh? Let 'em see us gettin' along an' playin' nice an' legal; everyone knows work hours are later, anyway."
I was born here and I'll die here against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Always running his mouth, yeah he's got a few scars
Nate plays his role as best as he can, though he can't help the way he shifts, rolls his shoulders in preparation to move, to strike, as knuckles and necks pop in a clear threat. Can't help the sneer offered to the thug who looks towards him, his own knuckles popping now. All he needs is Zeph's go ahead, some kind of sign, and he can start swinging, can show exactly what he can handle.

Except, that sign doesn't come, and his bright glare turn's to Zeph, as again he tries to take the properly diplomatic route. Nate doesn't think his words are going to work at all (though they're peppered with interesting tidbits), but he's also not going to be the reason they don't. He cages a wholly performative sigh behind his teeth and settles again, itching to actually swing, almost hoping that it turns south now.
NATE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Indeed, this shift of Sunjata 's is much easier to work with, and Ronin is easily able to scoop him up. Assuming the trio move clear of the quicksand (perhaps a few flags or such to note its location would be useful?), they'd be able to properly start digging again.

"Governmen' ey? Fuck you doin' helpin' out the governmen." The largest says, spitting at Nate 's feet as the doctor assumes a readied-stance, before turning his beady eyes back to Zephyr . "Aye well, make sure you tell what'ever piece o' cunny yer into now that y'won't be home in time for supper tonight." He growls, tapping the side of his nose before departing with his thugs. They didn't leave entirely though, finding themselves some shade near one of the buildings and skulking appropriately in the shadows.

As Remi digs with large leonine paws, he attracts a group of onlookers. Some worry he's some horrific beast come to destroy the town. With a weary sigh as a stone is lobbed his way, the governor shifts back into his normal form, offering the crowd an exasperated look. "If it's alright with the lot of you, can I get back to it?" He asks, wiping at his brow with a look of frustration. Snarkily the crowd retreats a step or so, but watch the manticore with a look of distrust and awe.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
you must burn brighter than ever
Sunjata adhered to her directions, Ronin grabbed him, and they could finally start on their way again. Shrugging off the ordeal and endeavors, as she often did in those realms of chaos, the girl grabbed ahold of a few flags, and dug them into the dirt nearby. The youth would rather others be aware of the dangers, the treacheries, lingering nearby, especially quicksand elements, then be taken completely by surprise, as they’d been.

Then she shouldered the rest of her belongings, not bothered by the sand and dune conjectures clinging to them, snagging at her shovel, and intended to continue their digging process – careful to poke and prod at the dirt, in case the same haphazard rested nearby. Fangorn aided by grumbling and growling, vines sweeping along the grounds.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The flying fox shift works – long leathery wings spreading out to grab more surface area, enough that Ronin can scoop him up on the shovel. And when he’s far enough away from the quicksand to not slip into it again, he hops up from the shovel and shifts into himself – flashing a small grin toward Ronin. “I’ll have you know I make amazing sandcastles.” He teases lightly – looking toward Melita then with a nod and an equally wide grin.

Perhaps they should stick a bit closer together.

So he shifts into his panther shift again, because it hadn’t hurt quite as much on the wound to his gut, using those claws and paws to dig more trenches, following Melita’s line of flags.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
”I’ll believe that when I see it. You can have a sand-castle making contest with me after this to prove it,” Ronin quipped back to Sunjata, the hunter smiling and glad to see both his companion and Melita safe and unharmed. Waving to the honeybee girl as she disappeared away with the flags, Ronin made sure to keep an eye on her until she returned, lest they have to repeat this whole ordeal.

That done, he took up his own shovel again and returned to the task at hand. His astral projection had been busy in the meantime, carting away the dirt and returning to collect more, so the space was a lot clearer when it came to continuing the excavation. ”Right,” he said. ”One canal, coming up.”