Personal Quest [RQ] by hand
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

You're getting real tired of these fuckers. It's a good thing you're trying to play nice and act the part of a Good Lad, or you might have had some choice words and fists for them. As it is you hold your ground, looking mildly into the face of the man until he finally concedes.

Thank Safrin's tits.

Relaxing at last, you turn back to Nate. "Thanks for backup, mate." You stride back to your flags and alleys, patting him on the shoulder. "Better not t'irritate 'em when they're like that. Some'uv the lolos 'round here only wanna fight." You shake your head, genuinely displeased. It makes your life harder, and besides, there's a time and a place. Here in the middle of a government job? Clearly neither. Idiots.
I was born here and I'll die here against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Always running his mouth, yeah he's got a few scars
Another long moment, another pause where the tension could suddenly snap into violence, into a brawl. The snap doesn't come though, to Nate's quiet disappointment, a feeling he quickly schools into relief. This is not the time or the place for a fight, representing a government in it's infancy. He supposes it's for the best cooler heads prevailed.

"We're supposed to be one big team now, aren't we? It'd be a bad look to leave you on your own." Nate grins and shrugs, letting his shoulders fall relaxed again as he completes the motion, shrugging out of the guard dog role easily. "Guys like that'll keep going 'til someone teaches them otherwise." Just because he doesn't know what a lolo is doesn't mean he can't agree with the sentiment.

With the distraction out of the way, they were free to go back to the flags, Nate popping his last few into the ground where Zeph directed before wandering back to the rest of the group, whistling some half remembered song as he went.
NATE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Well, now that all those shenanigans are done, can we kindly get on with the actual work? Honestly.

Over the next few hours you'll find yourselves with blistered hands, some of you will begin to burn in the sun, or begin to grow dizzy thanks to dehydration (if only there was a doctor around, Nate, to suggest these things). But there is a solid day's worth of work yet, so make sure to take plenty of breaks, wrap your hands when necessary (looking at you for help here, Sunjata), and try to keep your spirit's up (maybe Melita, Zephyr, or Ronin know a few working songs to help pass the time?)

If everyone pitches in and contributes their unique skills, the pathways should be able to be clearly marked and dug.

Last round you beauties. During this round about 4 hours will pass, so feel free to blitz through some digging!
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
you must burn brighter than ever
Well, hopefully no one expected any well sung strains out of Melita. The youth was horrifically tone-deaf.

But she offered hums and ditties beneath her breath, made to match anyone else’s better-sought or established tune, a few whistles thrown in for good measure. They dug, for hours upon hours, holes rendered for future, foretold canals, for the water to be altered, maneuvered, not by a god’s work but by their own sturdy muscles and fortitude. Her hands had long since blistered, reddened and enflamed, but she didn’t complain, didn’t permit the pain to shift her away from the work. Somewhere along the way Fangorn had procured gloves (likely stolen), proffered them from his grasping vines, and the girl stilled momentarily to place them on. While they were too late to cease the suffering, she extended her gratitude towards her beloved companion with a few good scratches, and then returned to work.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
save your eyes for someone brighter than i will ever be
Deal.” Sunjata replies to Ronin with a small smirk, shifting a bit in his step as they get back to work. Of course, Sunjata not quite thinking too far ahead, waits until his paws grow sore – shifting into himself to wrap his hands and whomever else wishes to have them wrapped as well, moving to continue digging the canals and trenches. He’s not a singer, he also can’t hold a tune. About as musically inclined as Sunjata gets is with a piano.

But they’re here to work, and Sunjata finds a space easily with Ronin to follow Melita as the flags are set. And while it doesn’t go by quickly, he can feel the reddening of his skin, the sunburn beginning despite the brief respite he’s found within the shade, hands raw and sore by the end of it. But the job was done, as far as he knew, one more thing added into the mix. At the very least, he’d been careful enough to let his wound to his gut heal.
don't hesitate to bring me to my knees
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Always running his mouth, yeah he's got a few scars
Thankfully, they don't run into anymore crisis', the rest of the flags going up without interruption. Nate had hoped thought that that was it, that the digging would be left to someone else, though that doesn't actually make sense once he puts a lick of thought to it, once he returns to the spot they'd begun in, and grabs a shovel for himself. At least digging means he can stick close to Sunjata, keep an eye on him, and his gut.

Out of everyone here, Nate was perhaps best suited to the task of digging. Sure, the sun bore down on him in a way far more uncomfortable than it had ever been before, but he never got hot, or tired, or thirsty. The same couldn't be said for his companions, who had to be thankful that he was paying so much attention, that he reminded the rest of the group to drink periodically, making rounds every so often. As much a health check as it was an excuse to not be digging the whole time. Being suited to something didn't make it not mind-numbing.
NATE
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
there is always hope
Well, since no one else was leading the sing-song, it didn’t take Ronin very long to resurrect a filthy little ditty from his years training in the Storm Guard. It was lighthearted, catchy, and used quite a lot of euphemisms for breasts. All in all, perfect to dig with! And with Nate’s periodic checking on them (and making sure that they kept hydrated, because Ronin was absolutely the type to forget and keel over), they were able to successfully dig the canals without any casualties.

And at the end of it all, they were hot, exhausted, sunburnt... and successful. Ronin flopped down on the banks of the new canal, tossing his shovel aside and dismissing his astral projection. ”I demand to be able to swim in these when they’re finished,” he said, draping an arm over his eyes.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

As much as you don't particularly want to dig, your arm already screaming in pain at the prospect, you nonetheless grab a shovel and set about making trenches the same as anyone else. The request for songs is met with a raised eyebrow, but before you have a chance to oblige (and thus perhaps avoid working) the illustrious First Gentleman pipes in with a ditty you make a point to get the lyrics to later, because damn.

You follow up with one of your own, a Torchline classic about mermaids and their naughty bits (appropriate, you think, given that you're digging these stupid things for them {and also where are they, huh? They better be ready to make some deals when the time comes}). And though you perhaps take more breaks than the others due to your bum right arm, you do your best to pull your weight for the remainder of the day.
I was born here and I'll die here against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Finally, it was done.

It would take Safrin's magic of course to transform their efforts into something workable for the mermaids to use, but to Remi's mind, they had done what Safrin had asked of them.

Slipping an arm around Ronin's waist and shooting the rest of their rag-tag group a weary look, he tossed down his shovel and glanced towards the Hanged Man. "Belay that order Preceptor. I think we've all earned ourselves a drink first. Then a swim." Walking in sweaty and covered in sand was par for the course for Raza's bar after all.

"Come on then, rounds are on me."

~FIN

LU ALL. SORRY FOR BEING THE SLOWEST OF POKES.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.