Personal Quest to sing the waters still
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
there's something bout your love
Ouch, another fall for the team. This time it was the younger woman, face first into the hay she'd lain out. Aisha snickered a bit to herself, hopefully not to receive bad karma for laughing but people falling had never not been hilarious. Luckily the girl was ok, and Evie aided her in finishing her patch.

The next task was filling buckets, easy enough, and so she set about gathering snow and dropping it into her bucket. Once it was full she didn't place it on the ground next to her patch of hay and fruits, instead she held it close, arms wrapped around and looking down to breathe over the snow. Body heat might speed up the process, and she figured placing in right back down onto the frozen earth wouldn't get them anywhere too fast.

Aisha fills her bucket with snow and hugs it to her body and breathes over it to help heat it faster!
that makes me wanna kill it
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Maybe it’s the Attuned part of her that keeps her upright on the cold, slick surface, or the dancer’s grace with which she usually moves, but Lily is thankful to have not yet ended up on her ass. Turning to the buckets (and wondering why they neded them, if luxere can drink snow), she simply takes hers to a full, fluffy area and lays it on its side. Instead of using her hands, which were already cold, she dips the bucket into the snow and then pats it down, repeating until it’s mostly filled to the top. Except that now it’s heavier than she thought it would be, and there’s a bit of a struggle to get it back to the staging area.

Eventually, though, she does prevail at which point she sees Aisha hugging the bucket and breathing on it, and the entertainer decides to refrain. Her bucket can melt on its own. She's a bit chilly and wouldn't be caught dead hugging a cold metal thing to her chest.
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
i'll plant a row of daisy seeds
in the space beneath each eye
With two sets of hands at work, Arialla's hay bale is quickly and efficiently spread out. As Evie straightens and turns her attention to the other two women, she's pleased to see that they haven't gone butts-over-buckets in the time she wasn't looking. In fact they've progressed rather well, and Evie gives a happy clap of her hands that also helps to collect the attention of those around her. Arialla's bucket is half-full, but will be more than adequate for their needs.

"Well ladies, I think it's time to do some warm ups then. Who's ready to sing?" The Apothecarist smiles brightly, concealing any of her own nerves over the quality of her singing. Instead she gestures for them to gather in a line of sorts, and with a concealed breath to steady herself, begins leading them in their singing.

You all rolled well! It's the last round - time to sing! Feel free to add lyrics if you want, or don't!
so they'll remind you of your beauty
when they bloom each time you cry
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:

Arialla

Ah, now they came to the part of the exercise that Arialla considered herself fully qualified for: the singing. As a priestess, she'd spent many a day singing hymns to her god -- and many a day out in the meadows and forest simply singing for fun. She picked one of her favorites, a light, moderate-tempo song in praise of the sun, and began to sing.

"Rising, shining, warm and golden, our lord gives life to all ... "

Her voice was rich and well-honed, moving skillfully through the notes. She hoped the luxere would enjoy it.

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
there's something about your love
Aisha wasn't an expert singer in the slightest, she'd always enjoyed a tune or melody, to carry it on her tongue and pass on to others but was no songstress. Hopefully the luxere would appreciate what she could do, and she would do the best she could. With her bucket melting, she placed it down next to her fruits and hay, then let out a long contented breath.

She started with a song from her childhood, one that her father had sung to her and stuck with her forever, "I sing for you and you dance, my light my sun my sweetest one..." in low honey vibrato and the sound of a smile laced in.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
This is Lily’s area of expertise as well, so she chuckles at the quip about warmups, as if she didn't warm her voice up each day whilst cooking breakfast or tidying the house. Rather than try to take center stage she waits to see where she might be needed. Tilting her head this way and that, she listens to each woman raise their voices to attract the life-giving luxere. No particular lyrics immediately jump to mind, so instead she focuses on adding backup with harmonies, shifting to find some tune that might bring it all together with some ooo’s and aaah’s and projected humming.
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
i'll plant a row of daisy seeds
in the space beneath each eye
Their voices rise and fall in creating waves, harmonious as their unified songs call out across the plains. Behind them their offerings lay tantalizingly, deeper pails of water than struggling to melt mouthfuls, fresh dry hay, and succulent fruits hard to find in these winter months. Is it any surprise that the Luxere cannot resist such a thing?

They trail in, numbers thin at first as the bravest go snuffling across the snow towards the small band of collected women. The faint glow of their magic in the daylight like fireflies as they approach. Evie's heart feels close to bursting, only lending more passion to her song, as the herd slowly melts out of the woods and begins to peruse the fruits of their labor - quite literally, as one eagerly takes a chunk of juicy apple. Evie refrains from reaching out, letting the herd decide how close they want to get, but soon they mill around the women fearlessly as they graze and listen happily to the music they are serenaded with.

Congrats we have lured some Luxere! Feel free to post a closing if you want, this thread will be archived in a few days time or if everyone has posted.
so they'll remind you of your beauty
when they bloom each time you cry
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:

Arialla

The luxere were beautiful. For the first time Arialla felt something like actual affection for Caido. Certainly she wouldn't have had an experience like this at home ... Animals back home did not simply come out and enjoy your singing, however nice it might be. Slowly, gently, without ceasing her song, she put a hand out to touch the flank of the nearest luxere. It looked up at her with big, soft eyes and then went back to its meal of hay.

Arialla wasn't actually much of an animal lover -- it was hard to make sacrifices if you sympathized too much with the offerings. But she wasn't heartless, either: she still felt her spirits lifted by the sight of the luxere, so gentle, so trusting. She would happily sing for them until her voice gave out. So she did.

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
there's something about your love
For a moment Aisha got lost in the song, the beautiful way some of their lines clashed but hummed the sweetest sound as they reached a meeting point. It was discordant, in the best way, and it reminded her so much of home. If she closed her eyes she was there, and all these new faces were the ones she'd known and loved, singing with her.

Opening her eyes was just as sweet, Luxere coming out from the forest, graceful, elegant, and good. Aisha wanted nothing more than to stroke one's fur, to run her fingertips across their luminous antlers. Like her sisters she refrained, and settled for waiting, and watching, and loving.