lavenders blue, dilly dilly
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Her shell might be more blue, but Seren still loved the one Dante held out. The colors were pastelly and sweet, soft and hazy, and there was nothing feigned in her soft intake of breath.

"It's really pretty!" she sighed with a wistful smile. ""Looks like snow, and like daddy's dragon. If I was looking for an ice dragon I would definitely pick yours!

But Safrin had sent her to find a blue shell, and for now this one was the best she could find.

Än impish grin slowly crept over Seren's face as she stashed the treasure away, safe within a pocket. "Guess who's getting dunked.. she reminded in a teasing singsong way, and pointed a demanding finger at the sea.
Come with the night the science of fighting
The forces of gravity
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DANTE
I'm a professional idiot
don't tell my mom
Dante feels his smile soften as Seren seems to genuinely enjoy the find he presented. It wasn't perfect, but she seemed to like it just the same. He'd been about to pocket it before pausing and holding it out to her.

"Well, if you ever need an ice dragon, why don't you keep this one just in case?" He wasn't even going to touch on the fact that her father had an ice dragon, apparently. One dragon-related fact per day in Caido, thank you, and he'd reached his limit.

"A deals a deal, kiddo." He laughs while wading further out into the water, squeezing his eyes shut as tight as possible and taking a deep breathe while awaiting his unfortunate fate.

Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
Her eyes widened at his offer, startled but happy. "Are you sure?" she asked, already reaching for the shell but made herself pause halfway, just to give him the chance to take the offer back. She really liked the shell, and even if she never wound up using it for a dragon summoning, Seren had a vast collection of shells. This one would be a great addition no matter what the reasoning was.

Only once that matter was settled to satisfaction did the small girl let him enter the water. Grinning widely, Seren backed off a few steps just to get a good runup, and when Dante closed his eyes and held his breath, she made a running start and leaped up to wrap her arms around his neck, meaning to bring them both crashing into the water.

She was small, and lithe, and should probably not have been able to knock the boy over. But Seren had a few tricks, and she made a definite impact as she let loose a gravity pulse, doubling her own weight at the last moment.

Soaking in the cold water seemed much too fun to leave for him alone. If her father got angry when she came home dripping wet, she would rather apologize than miss out.
The forces of gravity
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DANTE
I'm a professional idiot
don't tell my mom
"I'm sure! A pretty girl deserves all the pretty shells." He'd never had a sister but he imagined if he did, she would be something like Seren. Spritely almost, and genuine. It was a pleasant break from the politics he was used to witnessing at the Hallowed Grounds. Maybe he'd have to visit Torchline more often after this.

After the matter of shells was discussed, he thought he was prepared for his inevitable dunking. Oh, how wrong he was. There was no way a girl her size could pack the punch that she did, but somehow she did, and he went tumbling into the surf with a surprised gasp.

Coming up sputtering for air and completely soaked, he couldn't help but laugh as he wiped seawater from his eyes, flinching when he missed some and it burned. What the hell? A few coughs later and he was already retaliating by scooping his hands in the ocean and sending it towards Seren's general direction.

"I know people like you! You used magic just now, didn't you, you little sneak? No fair!"

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
"I, well, I mean.. Thank you!" She was delighted, and blushing under the unexpected compliment Seren accepted the shell. Tucked it safely away with her other one, vowing to never ever lose it.

The world disappeared in a cascade of bubbles, of frothing waves, of light and dark and a heavy weight replaced by buoyant floating. Then Seren resurfaced, water runneling off her in droves as she drew in a breath. And laughed, bright and cheerful, as the water splashed over her. She thrashed about like a dog in retaliation, her dark mop of hair capable of holding astounding amounts of water that was sent flying in every direction.

"Magic isn't cheating!" she declared, smug and clearly pleased with herself as she rolled away and splashed her feet in the water. Father's swimming lessons came in handy now, and in the shallows she was brave, bold, with boundless confidence. "It's fun. Don't you have any tricks?"  

It was such a common thing that she sometimes forgot that not everyone could use magic. Between attuned shifting and abandoned manipulation, ascended upgrades and the divine gifts of the demi-gods, an Accepted without enchanted items or channeling was a rare thing indeed.
The forces of gravity
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Change author:
DANTE
I'm a professional idiot
don't tell my mom
"Mm, nope! Not that I know of. Clem though, he's my best friend, he's super cool. I think they're called Ascended?" Dante shrugged, unclear on all of the details. It wasn't something he understood entirely well, even after his talk with Wessex after first getting to Caido. There was a lot he didn't understand in Caido that rolling with the punches just seemed like the best option at this point.

"Guess I'm just ol' boring and normal, huh." Not that it bothered him. At least he was still himself, no fancy add ons or anything to speak of. "Are your parents Abandoned too?" It seemed like it should be an inherited thing but Evie was the outcast of her family, so who was to say.

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
"Ooh, I have Ascended friends too. Nate, and Wessex and... Letha too I think." The girl looked suitably impressed. Ascended were probably not at the top of her list of cool things, but Seren had grown used to having them around a bit more, and she had enough interesting friends among them to not be put off by the kinship.

The question about her parents required a shake of the head however, and some correction. "Nope! Daddy is a demi-god, and mama is a goddess! And I am not abandoned - " quite the opposite in fact "- I am a demi-god." Not that it meant much, these terms and categories; people were people, and it was just a matter of having different tricks. "I don't think you are boring. You are good at playing games!"

Just to ass emphasis to get words Seren splashed water towards the boy, giggling mischievously and hoping he would retaliate.
The forces of gravity
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Change author:
DANTE
I'm a professional idiot
don't tell my mom
Seren's revelation towards her heritage made Dante pause for just a moment, tilting his head as he stood waist-deep in the water. Okay, demi-god was a new one. He'd long been wrapping his head around the mere fact that gods even existed, and now there was a child of one in front of him. Today had been a lot of question inducing events presented as fact that he had long since just decided to think about later. He was adding this one to the pile. "Why does your mom want a dragon if she's already a goddess?"

"Hey, I have to make up for being normal somehow." Dante winks as he laughs in reply despite his initial sputter, bringing his arms up in a futile attempt to block the spray of water. The 'attack' is more than enough to instigate Dante's playful nature, immediately retaliating by sending consecutive splashes towards Seren.

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
"The dragon is for me!" Seren laughed, between squeals of delight and more splashing. "I want a best friend, so I asked Mama to help me find one." One who wouldn't have to go home at the end of the day, one who would be with her always and forever.

What better friend for a girl than a dragon? Well, Dante was good enough, she supposed, but her father might object if she brought him home.

Seren played gleefully in the water for a while longer, but eventually the cold started to get to her. Blue-lipped and shivering she had to retreat back to the beach, and when the strong wind only chilled her further, she was forced to admit defeat. "I need to go home now," she said, through clattering teeth. Tried to smile, though her eyes did a better job of conveying sentiment than the rest of her stiff little face. "Thank you for helping. Can we play again?"
The forces of gravity
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Change author:
DANTE
I'm a professional idiot
don't tell my mom
Oh, of course the dragon was for her. What else did a little girl need than a dragon? Gods, am I right. Though the thought that she didn't have any friends good enough to the point of having to summon a dragon was perhaps a bit upsetting. Dante only knew far too well what that feeling was like as a kid. He'd have to come back so she wouldn't spend all her time with a dragon.

"Yeah, of course! I'll come back to visit soon, promise." Dante offers a grin as he shakes his hair out of saltwater, bringing a hand to wipe droplets from his forehead before they run down into his eyes. "Get home safe, okay? I'll see you later Seren!"

FIN