that wild wind still blows
Melita!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Yes. Oh," Vai agreed, falling into step with Melita now and gazing up at the ships as they began to poke up and into view with the docks. In the morning light they looked beautiful, and whilst she could already see people scurrying along the boardwalks for their morning errands and tasks, it was peaceful, almost.

How did it feel, though? She smiled a little sadly to the honeybee girl at her side. "Like I lost something," she admitted. "You might remember my daughter, Ashetta? We were separated when she was only a little older than Felix. I didn't find her again until she was grown. He was my chance to experience actually raising a child, and..." She shrugged. "Gone again, you know?"

vervain
where the wild things are

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
watch her dance, she beckons you
fair warning: leave her to herself
At Vai’s gasp, Melita turned back around, her gilded gaze settled upon the tops of masts and the hanging sails, wrapped around poles and posts, waiting for the opportunity to be cast again, out into the embarking dawn. “Aren’t they lovely?” Her words were a wistful repose, when there were so many things within the world that weren’t; she took hold of those rooted moments where there was sanctity, serenity, striving for those little whispers, wisps, and dreams whenever she could. Whenever there wasn’t something dragging their claws down sides, ribs, and bones. “If we come this way,” and she leapt a little over a crooked, wooden board, “you’ll see the Ark!” As she turned, drifting around a corner, managing to materialize the steps by heart now.

But then her inquiry must have ignited something, because when she turned back with her winsome smile and ferocious grace, Vai’s smile seemed sad, diminished. Her features reflected into downcast measures, the slightest furrowing of her brow as they wandered amidst salt, sea, and gull cries, feeling like she’d stepped too far. She’d known Ashetta only by word of mouth; fierce and wild, just as Melita would’ve liked to be. A part of her heart panged too, because she did know what it meant to lose. “But you still have him,” she conjured, uncertain of what else to say or do; she was far too much like a child herself to ever think about raising her own. “And that counts for something.”
beautiful to see, but poison to touch
calm and chaos, evolved and still evolving
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
They were lovely, and even Vervain’s melancholy couldn’t take away from that. She drank it all in as she followed Melita up and onto the boardwalk, hopping over the same creaky board and breathing in deep the smell of woodsmoke and brine, gulls calling overhead, waves slapping against the pier. Surprised by the girl’s remark, Vai’s lips curled into a soft smile again, and she nodded gently.

”Yes,” she said. ”Yes, I do still have him. And that is the main thing.” Taking a deep breath and letting it out again, the huntress seemed to rally, picking up the pace to walk with Melita again. ”Now, where is this Ark of yours?”

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Bolstering over the wayward properties of melancholy and rancor, the youth’s merriment, exuberance, and exhilaration, at having Vai back, there, flesh and whole and tangible, flourished all over again. Between the winsome gulps of sea-salt air, the sands and dunes curled beside embankments, and the promises of better days on the horizon, the girl couldn’t be rattled, addled, away from the paramount fixtures – not now, not when everything so close and wonderful. She danced and sprung and led, much like gangly yearlings, eager and ready to extend themselves into the wilderness. “Just around here…” As if building up the tension and excitement, the roll of glee on her face –

And then sharply pivoting, so they stood before the ship’s magnificent, proud exterior, tall masts, curled sails. “Here she is!” Melita extended her arms for emphasis, once placing Fangorn back down on the wooden decks of the pier. She tilted her head, eager to watch the huntress’s reaction, for some scope of approval. The vessel wasn’t hers, but she did help operate it to the best of her ability, and so some acceptance, notions of striving for satisfactory opinions lingered there, in the sharp inhale of her lungs.
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
The distraction of the ship was everything that Vervain needed, the huntress following after Melita only to skid to a stop once the girl finally halted at the foot of the Ark. Vai tilted her head up and up and up to see the ship in all her beauty, the dark wood well oiled and cared for, the russet sails sun-bleached but patch free. She could see a few people on deck already, but while she certainly looked fit to sail, Vai couldn’t imagine what the waters would be like out there at Deepfrost.

”She’s beautiful, Melita,” she breathed, grinning and nudging the girl with her elbow. ”You better have the best adventures on here, you hear me?” A mischievous twinkle lit up in her eye, the huntress already knowing Melita well enough to realise that adventure liked to follow her about anyway.

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
The Ark truly was a sight to behold, and the youth stared at it in all its wondrous glory. She couldn’t take any credit for its existence, presence, or circumstances, but perhaps one day she’d be worthy of the vessel, as they rolled out across the ocean, the swell, the surf. The youth waved merrily, exuberantly all the more, to those still on deck, and then turned back to the huntress.

Adventure; Melita had certainly snagged her share and intended to hunt for more, incredulous and avaricious, tempted and enticed; half the reason she’d decided to embark into this occupation in the first place. Her promise emboldened all over again, convictions in mercurial, capricious pursuits, mischief lingering in the depths of her grin. “I will!” Then she hummed again, shifting her face to the wind, to the sea breeze marking the shores. “You make sure to have adventures too.” Nothing stopping, nothing ceasing, the world in their grasp, something for their making.
MELITA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
For perhaps the first time since coming to Torchline, a genuinely mischievous smile lit up across Vervain’s face. ”I will certainly do my best,” she said, fully intending to take advantage of whatever new adventures this place held. The Greatwood had been a place of searching, of hoping and then giving up. Torchline was a new start - another section of the world now open to her - and she planned to seize it with both hands.

A laugh escaped her as Melita waved up at the deckhands (the honeybee girl received a couple of waves in return), and Vai turned to her. ”I suppose I should leave you to your work, then. Don’t go firing those cannons at any other ships while you’re at port though, okay? And come find me any time, if you want to hunt or chat or whatever you like.”

vervain

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Measure for measure in mischief, hers bright and ignited the moment Vai’s becomes clearer, stark, there in the pinnacles of so many drawn lifetimes and wakes. A time for more, better, vivid things than the voids left behind. “I’ll try not to,” she grinned and giggled, aware that it didn’t sound like she’d attempt it at all. “And likewise. Come find me whenever you’d like.” There was so much to see and do, and time on their side, with no monsters, no heathens, no infidels rampaging through LongNight’s reign. The world at their feet – and Melita was simply glad Vai could be a part of it again. "And bring Felix too!" She called over her shoulder, the mischief lingering well after they'd departed from one another.

{FIN}
MELITA